Here's a new one: Widdop to Manly in 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we could secure Widdop it would be a great choice. He has experienced a winning culture as a player and he would bring a lot to the side. Best option I have seen so far to replace Foz.

Foz new environment that he prefers is away from the magnificent northern beaches and straight into the filthy parramatta river and the 1.2 million a year contract had no influence on his move at all LOL
Mate why you still with the caps lock on? Chill it down man.

Widdop would be okay by me. Would fit a "No d*ckheads policy" if we had one, as a few seem to have slipped through the cracks in recent years.

I think Widdop would go well at Manly. He was on fire before Benji arrived at the Queens.

I'd take widdop, he is poorly coached at the saints. Was very dangerous at the Storm. Very much a fullback with some decent ball skills but still

with the right coaching (joey and toovs) i think hed be a great five eighth, even if you said to me last year we were signing widdop i would still be happy with it as the ideal situation would be dce + a five eighth + a big bopping forward. next best thing is a young half + widdop + a forward or two

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I think Reynolds is on 500k under the cap, but is being paid a lot more in third party payments.
But this gets back to my initial point earlier. Reynolds is part of a happy successful premiership winning juggernaut, and that helped the Bunnies lock him up. If he was unhappy and tested the market (like DCE and Foz) he could have potentially got more elsewhere.
Thr
Mate why you still with the caps lock on? Chill it down man.
I never said anything about cap locks feathered friend ?

Would be happy with widdop if he can get out of the drag queens contract.

Best option from all those thrown into the ring in here lately.

cherry, yes
foran, no

and how the hell is ben hunt on 400k and adam reynolds on 500k????? criminal
Yeah, I actually think Ben Hunt is on par with DCE...on last years form, it's hard to split em. I'd like to see Hunt play well in semi-finals and GF's before I say too much on the matter though. Hopefully that never happens because I hate the Broncos.

St George Illawarra’s Gareth Widdop admits the Dragons’ new structures don’t suit his style of play
  • CHRISTIAN NICOLUSSI
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • MARCH 27, 2015 6:00PM
ST GEORGE Illawarra star Gareth Widdop has revealed the new structures in place at the Dragons haven’t suited his natural game, and he’s keen to revert to his dominant role that worked so well for him last year.

Widdop and halves partner Benji Marshall haven’t exactly lived up their own early expectations.

To be fair, the English and New Zealand internationals haven’t been allowed to be effective because the Dragons have coughed up too much ball.

But Widdop said if he could play the style which suited him best, it would benefit him and the Red V.

“For myself, I need to get back to doing the little things, get a good kicking game, playing square, getting my hands on the ball and being dominant like when I was at my best last year,’’ Widdop toldThe Daily Telegraph.

“That’s the key for me. Your combination in the halves is crucial. We need to find that balance of who will take the more dominant role.

“I need to get back to what suits me and what helps the team ... it helps the team if I can control it a bit more.

“I obviously try to get my hands on the ball, play square and direct the boys around.

“I think with the new structures we went into games with, it wasn’t working for us a little bit, and I probably took a bit of a back seat.

“We’ve simplified a few things now. It’s only early stages. That second half on the weekend (against Canberra) when we cut out all our silly errors, it allowed us to play a bit more, and it certainly improved.’’

There have been rumblings Widdop is unhappy and wants out of the Dragons. When asked about those rumours, Widdop said they were just that.

Brett Kimmorley suggested the Dragons should consider switching Josh Dugan and Widdop, which would give them a ball-playing fullback.

Marshall and Widdop now have a licence to roam, unlike last year when they were anchored on one side of the park.

Marshall said he and Widdop had started slow, and it would take time to gel.

“(But) he doesn’t really want to revert to that dominant role,’’ Marshall said.

“With our combination, it’s my job to organise the plays and shift the ball to him. As the halfback, I control the direction of the side and he attacks off the back of it.

“We just try and get an even share of possession, and it’s not about me getting more ball, or him getting more ball. We don’t care. As long as the game goes to plan.

“It hasn’t been the start we wanted, but there are little signs what we can achieve when we put it together.’’

Marshall said the Dragons had gone away from their game plan when forced to chase points, and it was vital they began well against Manly on Saturday night.

As much as I'd like to see Widdop here, I'd hate to see Benji here. With Benji at the Dragons, they are on a sure fire track to where the Tigers were towards the end of his time there, only quicker.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6