Hey Kent. You're not the selector. Leave Cherry alone!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Listening to Paul Kent last night on NRL 360, once again Kent has to throw the knife into Cherry regarding his captaincy.
"When you're in the trenches you need an inspirational leader. DCE is not your man. I'd prefer to have Mal Meninga, Darren Lockyer, Jonathon Thurston or Cameron Smith. I could name many other players in the Qld Team who'd be better leaders than DCE."

In his first year of Qld captaincy, Cherry has inspired his team in Game 1 and copped a flogging in Game 2.

Give the guy a chance, Kent. Two games?

Kent thinks he's the spokesman for all fans and questions coaches on their decisions and says, "They have a responsibility to their fans.
Well, Kent. You don't speak on my behalf. Stick to your Daily Crap newspaper.

Kent just can't deal with self assured players @:cool:

The number of field goal wins Chez has delivered is all on video if he cared to research the topic :fubar:

Lets just hope all 3 Manly players return tonight injury free and ready to return to ANZ on Saturday to vanquish the Rabbids :happy:

Listening to Paul Kent last night on NRL 360, once again Kent has to throw the knife into Cherry regarding his captaincy.
"When you're in the trenches you need an inspirational leader. DCE is not your man. I'd prefer to have Mal Meninga, Darren Lockyer, Jonathon Thurston or Cameron Smith. I could name many other players in the Qld Team who'd be better leaders than DCE."

In his first year of Qld captaincy, Cherry has inspired his team in Game 1 and copped a flogging in Game 2.

Kent thinks he's the spokesman for all fans and questions coaches on their decisions and says, "They have a responsibility to their fans.

But Kent played that one game that time....

hahahahahahahaha

*cough* wanker.

I guess he's admitting he is no leader saying he needs some other player to help him out.

Meh. DCE has put up with more than this sort of stuff.

You can’t take him seriously. His views and opinions change so frequently he’s just become a joke. Crawley was just as bad last night after Kevin was interviewed. At least Ikin was trying to be balanced. Kent was just pissed off last night that Kevie was giving away nothing when interviewed and took it out on cherry. Joke really

IMO Kent is self absorbed and egotistical. I found what he said about DCE as inappropriate and disrespectful and I wonder if his comments were drive by jealousy.

Kent makes some sense, not much but some.

DCE is only the captain because they haven't got anyone better, but isn't that always the case.

Sure if Smith, Thurston or Lockyer we're in the the team he wouldn't be captain. But we knew that.

It's no wonder newspapers are just about a thing of the past when people like Kent are senior reporters.

But Kent played that one game that time....

hahahahahahahaha

*cough* wanker.

I guess he's admitting he is no leader saying he needs some other player to help him out.

Meh. DCE has put up with more than this sort of stuff.
Yeah, he played one game at halfback for the Eels in the nineties when they had all those other “really good” halfbacks at the club.

As usual Kent compares apples with oranges. He's comparing a QLD side captained by CamSmith with DCE's captaincy, but totally ignores the fact that CamSmith had a top class team of players against NSW sides that had trouble competing through lack of sufficient talent. The circumstances have changed. Now NSW has the top talent in their side and QLD has just a couple such as DCE, Munster, Ponga but not much more.

All Kent has to do is look at the performances of Brisbane, North Queensland and the Titans this year to realise the great talent glut that existed up north has ended...at least for a couple of years. Kent needs to start looking at what's happening in the game in totality, instead of just assuming that NSW-QLD games start off on an equal footing talent wise.

CamSmith would have been unable to do anything serious in the last SOO game to change the outcome. It was only the brilliance of DCE, Munster and Ponga that saved QLD in the first game. NSW are favourites because they now have the talent across the team, not because DCE isn't a good captain. Really myopic perspective Kent.

DCE isn't the most inspirational of Captains, I think he inherited the QLD captaincy because of a distinct lack of options, so they went the lazy route - pick the halfback that can talk to the media without mumbling. Who else from the two heads would you consider ?? none of their experienced players show any sort of leadership capability.

Kent should have left it with the fact Smith missing is a huge loss....this Captains stuff is rubbish, as DCE (or Munster), imo are the best options with who is available.
There is no other Captain who would have changed the result for game 2 and the blaming of DCE in any way, is a cop out....Qld were out enthused and beaten up in that middle 3rd , which is why Tedesco and Turbo had a field day down the middle and NO half in the world can change that momentum.

No sense bagging Kent for only playing one game of First grade .... I wonder how many blokes on this forum would give their right nut to be able to say the same .... including me ....

Kent wants a captain who oozes emotion.
Emotion clouds judgement. It's old school thinking that is out dated. DCE is a modern player with a grip on modern sports psychology and a proven track record of winning the big moments.

Maybe if Daly shouted QueeNZlander in the tunnel.

Earlier on Kent was bagging Chez about missing out on being a Maroon as Morgo and Munster overtook him :cool:

So when Kevvie not only picked Chez but also appointed him the Captain, Kent was mighty miffed :p

Kent did the same with Freddy after SOO 1. Bagged his judgement endlessly then had to pivot after Freddy proved him wrong :swear:

Kent wants a captain who oozes emotion.
Emotion clouds judgement. It's old school thinking that is out dated. DCE is a modern player with a grip on modern sports psychology and a proven track record of winning the big moments.

Maybe if Daly shouted QueeNZlander in the tunnel.

Kent probably also goes on about how cool and calm sCam takes over a game and just nudges it in the right direction..etc.

Yep, he’s played one game more than most of us on here, but the way he carries on you’d think he was a 300 game veteran on the cusp of being inducted into the hall of fame.

Let the midget speak no one really cares.... do they?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8