Hi Everyone - long-time Manly Suporter since 1968

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Golden Greek

Tipping Member
Hi Folks looking forward to mixing it, with everyone on this forum
I started following Manly around 67-68 when I first saw Bob Fulton play against Parra - my uncle played for Parra in the innaugral 1947 team - he played mainly in Reserve grade. later on he use to take my 2 cousins and me to all the parra games (tough times for Parra in those early days) anyhow I saw Bozo destroy them and I followed Manly ever since.
I really hate whats been happening at Manly over the past 10 years but the last few months its reached another level but I'll get over it I hope - I will never abandon them Manly till I die
My pain points at the moment
1. Des getting kicked out - Just horrible
2. Scott Penn and board - needs to go making terrible stupid decisions
3. Siebold - I just dont get it - whats he done for gods sake
4. I dont mind Flannagan joining but I prefer him as head coach at least he's been succesful and has real experience
5. We need to buy some experienced high end players with some mongrel in them

Manly all the way for 2023
Cheers
Golden greek

Welcome aboard mate, pretty much agree with what you wrote.

I do have a tip for you, seeing as your a Bozo fan and obviously Greek
You should get along famously with @BOZO, can't wait for him to return, by your points above should be a ditty of a meme coming up 🤣
Goodluck

I started following Manly around 67-68 when I first saw Bob Fulton play against Parra - my uncle played for Parra in the innaugral 1947 team - he played mainly in Reserve grade. later on he use to take my 2 cousins and me to all the parra games (tough times for Parra in those early days) anyhow I saw Bozo destroy them and I followed Manly ever since.
I really hate whats been happening at Manly over the past 10 years but the last few months its reached another level but I'll get over it I hope - I will never abandon them Manly till I die
4. I dont mind Flannagan joining but I prefer him as head coach at least he's been succesful and has real experience

Cheers
Golden greek
Welcome aboard GG...good post to start of with. Think everyone's over the initial shock of the way that Des went. It's a new coaching set up now, with fresh ideas and the way we'll use are squad. New season with new hopes, think we'll go ok..

Just so you have no false illusions about your time on here, let me respond to your points ..

1. Des getting kicked out - Just horrible .. Best decision ever .. we were a poorly coached team.
2. Scott Penn and board - needs to go making terrible stupid decisions .. Penn's a champion
3. Siebold - I just dont get it - whats he done for gods sake .. Coach of the year, and smartest guy in the room
4. I dont mind Flannagan joining but I prefer him as head coach at least he's been succesful and has real experience .. Blokes a numpty
5. We need to buy some experienced high end players with some mongrel in them .. We did .. Cooper Johns

PSS .. welcome aboard.

Cheers
Golden greek
Yiasou and welcome to our passionate Manly forum feathered friend

I love you never say die Manly Spirt
the Spirit that always rises above all adversities and gets us back on track to a another winning era .

Looking forward to your passionate posts and feel at home as all wogs are accepted with open arms here :)

I presume being a long time Passionate Manly supporter that you would also be a honourable club member

My feed back to all your questions
1. Des getting kicked out is horrible as he is a Manly legend
But all good things come to an end and the way our team performed and ended up on the wrong side of the ladder . Father time called Dessies time

2. Penn and the Board are heading in a new direction that was needed and we need to remain loyal as always and support the new exciting era

3. Seibold . What has he done ?
He has the runs on the board with success with Souths winning NRL coach of the year

4. Flanaghan may not be head coach as you would prefer but the good news is that his experience and input will be of great use

5. We need to buy some experienced players with mongrel
We are looking and the biggest and badest mother of all mongrels in Flegler and that is a great start

Welcome aboard mate, pretty much agree with what you wrote.

I do have a tip for you, seeing as your a Bozo fan and obviously Greek
You should get along famously with @BOZO, can't wait for him to return, by your points above should be a ditty of a meme coming up 🤣
Goodluck
Has @BOZO left us for a holiday or had the admin team banned him for the summer?

GG just a warning, don't crap on about memberships and how we should believe in the Team more. I can tell you the off-season therapy we are all paying for is way more expensive than the membership fee.

Keep to that and you will go through rather unscathed.

Last edited:
Has @BOZO left us for a holiday or had the admin team baned him for the summer?

GG just a warning, don't crap on about memberships and how we should believe in the Team more. I can tell you the off-season therapy we are all paying for is way more expensive than the membership fee.

Keep to that and you will go through rather unscathed.
He said he was going to have a break,a well earned one, all those memes and member promotions take their toll, he'd be pretty exhausted too 🤣

Just so you have no false illusions about your time on here, let me respond to your points ..

1. Des getting kicked out - Just horrible .. Best decision ever .. we were a poorly coached team.
2. Scott Penn and board - needs to go making terrible stupid decisions .. Penn's a champion
3. Siebold - I just dont get it - whats he done for gods sake .. Coach of the year, and smartest guy in the room
4. I dont mind Flannagan joining but I prefer him as head coach at least he's been succesful and has real experience .. Blokes a numpty
5. We need to buy some experienced high end players with some mongrel in them .. We did .. Cooper Johns

PSS .. welcome aboard.
Hi Woodsie Thanks for your kind welcome.... you're kidding me with your other comments though LOL-
I think Dessie needed to hang up the boots eventually just could have been transitioned out better.
Penn - one of the greatest achievers of all time since he took over ? lets count them ........?
Siebold inherited a great team from Wayne - then walked out on them and then buggered up the Bronco's which Im extremely happy about that was an achievemet 1st wooden spoon ever.
if Penn wanted a great "SMART" Powerpoint presenter - I would of gladdly done it for free
Flanno's got a premiership and some spare peptides in his back pocket for when the boys run out of puff.
I guess Cooper will bring along his dad for moral support.

Yiasou levendi!
Yiasou and welcome to our passionate Manly forum feathered friend

I love you never say die Manly Spirt
the Spirit that always rises above all adversities and gets us back on track to a another winning era .

Looking forward to your passionate posts and feel at home as all wogs are accepted with open arms here :)

I presume being a long time Passionate Manly supporter that you would also be a honourable club member

My feed back to all your questions
1. Des getting kicked out is horrible as he is a Manly legend
But all good things come to an end and the way our team performed and ended up on the wrong side of the ladder . Father time called Dessies time

2. Penn and the Board are heading in a new direction that was needed and we need to remain loyal as always and support the new exciting era

3. Seibold . What has he done ?
He has the runs on the board with success with Souths winning NRL coach of the year

4. Flanaghan may not be head coach as you would prefer but the good news is that his experience and input will be of great use

5. We need to buy some experienced players with mongrel
We are looking and the biggest and badest mother of all mongrels in Flegler and that is a great start
Yiassou File' all the best
You forgot Siebold's greatest success at the Bronco's
Penn and the board really havent achieved much have they? how many CEO's have we had since and how many coaches as well its not a great record to date
anyhow hopefully things might get better a good indicator might be who we can get on the open market we should have a bit of cash now that Foz, Marty and Dylan are gone, so if the new team is capable we should be able to hook some big names, so far Cooper Johns doesnt excite me to much.

Hi Woodsie Thanks for your kind welcome.... you're kidding me with your other comments though LOL-
I think Dessie needed to hang up the boots eventually just could have been transitioned out better.
Penn - one of the greatest achievers of all time since he took over ? lets count them ........?
Siebold inherited a great team from Wayne - then walked out on them and then buggered up the Bronco's which Im extremely happy about that was an achievemet 1st wooden spoon ever.
if Penn wanted a great "SMART" Powerpoint presenter - I would of gladdly done it for free
Flanno's got a premiership and some spare peptides in his back pocket for when the boys run out of puff.
I guess Cooper will bring along his dad for moral support.

Yeah mate .. just taking the piss ... but I seem to be the odd man out on a lot of issues ...

The one thing about footy and football players ... you don't have to go far to find someone who will call you a numbnut ....

Just give as good as you take .. cheers

Welcome @Golden Greek

Great to have you onboard but be warned it can get rocky on here at times.

Just one thing though , if you are in fact Zorba you can **** right off !!

Otherwise ( if you aren’t ) then welcome aboard this madhouse.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4