Hodges In 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some people seem to be suggesting we just pick the team on who has the most experience.

I would question what ballin has done wrong to not be picked?

I rate hodges and I rated ballin while he was stuck behind monaghan. Hodges makes some mistakes though and I think we need consistency in our hooker. Ballin is half the reason our backline sweeps work so well. His timing and delivery is outstanding from dummy half. In the limited time I've seen hodges I feel like he sometimes does a double take about whether he can go himself and it throws off the timing of set plays. Its nitpicky but until ballin declines he's there all day for me.

An incumbent has to do a lot more bad to lose a job than the bloke replacing him has to do to win it!!!

Everybody is raving about young Hodges and rightly so.

I haven't given up on Jamie B being our long-term hooker and a key part of our spine.

He played SOO as back-up 9 a few years back and is a much better player now.

And I like his capacity to move to a running back-rower when Hodges comes off bench, something the great Matty Ballin has less capacity for.

It also opens up lock spot for Tom Symonds in coming years.

Ballin / Buhrer/ Hodges is a great problem to have in hooking depth.

Everybody is raving about young Hodges and rightly so.

I haven't given up on Jamie B being our long-term hooker and a key part of our spine.

He played SOO as back-up 9 a few years back and is a much better player now.

And I like his capacity to move to a running back-rower when Hodges comes off bench, something the great Matty Ballin has less capacity for.

It also opens up lock spot for Tom Symonds in coming years.

Ballin / Buhrer/ Hodges is a great problem to have in hooking depth.

And welcome to you too @1978

I would question what ballin has done wrong to not be picked?

I rate hodges and I rated ballin while he was stuck behind monaghan. Hodges makes some mistakes though and I think we need consistency in our hooker. Ballin is half the reason our backline sweeps work so well. His timing and delivery is outstanding from dummy half. In the limited time I've seen hodges I feel like he sometimes does a double take about whether he can go himself and it throws off the timing of set plays. Its nitpicky but until ballin declines he's there all day for me.

An incumbent has to do a lot more bad to lose a job than the bloke replacing him has to do to win it!!!

Who has suggested not picking Ballin or replacing him?

All I have seen is the majority saying we can use Hodges for 10-15 minutes a half and get improvent out of him and Ballin like the Le Strange combination we used previously.

How have you missed people suggesting we use both?

Buhrer has already played SOO. Hodges has played a handful of first grade plus some trials. Bigggggh difference.

Phil Duke was also a SOO player. Buhrer was very lucky to get picked and played how many minutes,Buhrer back then was not a origin quality player

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8