Hope you're enjoying the extra cash Darcy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We haven't missed him, so no big deal in my book. We generally manage to hang onto the ones we want.

I think he was on a 2yr contract with the Eels. His next contract will not be big $$$$ after another wooden spoon in 2014. If he wanted to come home I would gladly re sign him for 2015 as a replacement for King.

I remember he came out in the media and said he wanted to wait and see who the club re-signed before he committed to Manly.

Then signs a deal with the reigning wooden spooners LOL

Darren said:
Question time: In your employment:
1. You were offered triple what you were earn now what would you do?
2.Your job is only a contract for 8-10 years and not until retirement (60) what would you do?
3. You are in a job that can set you up for life by the end of 30-35, what would you do?
4. You would like to own a house with no mortgage in one of the richest cities in the world, what would you do?

As of Feb last year it was reported that the average length of a Rugby League player’s career spans 43 games over three to four years only.

Darcy is above average, but not many players last 8-10 years at the level where they are on decent contracts.

I don't think Darcy would be in our 17 presently. Even when playing well at the back end of 2011 Des preferred Mauro to Darcy in the GF.

People get way too self-righteous over players leaving for other clubs, no way you can seriously blame Lussick for leaving when he did.

It is a shame that we lost him, think he would be going great for us right now. Think that his game would mesh a lot better with Toovey's scheme than it did with Hasler's. I'd like to see him back at Manly sometime soon.

The Prince of Brookvale said:
I remember he came out in the media and said he wanted to wait and see who the club re-signed before he committed to Manly.

Then signs a deal with the reigning wooden spooners LOL

Very silly to leave. He would have got a big manly contract once king kite etc went and had a 10 year career. Now he will be worth 70k at the end of his parra time. He needed another year or so as part of the manly bench rotation to mature properly. We saw this year he is talented but couldn't step up to lead a forward pack.

I think you all should remember that Manlys core senior players get all the money most of the rest are on crap money so why shouldn't he get what is on offer.As well he wanted more time than he probably was getting at manly and he is now the pinup boy of parra so I think he got what he wanted

350k for 3 years at Parra ( over one million) v maybe $300k for two years at Manly and then " maybe" more later.

Can't say I blame him!!

I don't understand the fuss, I cared more that Oldfield left than him, Lawrence is so much better. He is respected by the players at Parramatta, so I doubt he minds he left too much.

Manly To Win! said:
I don't understand the fuss, I cared more that Oldfield left than him, Lawrence is so much better. He is respected by the players at Parramatta, so I doubt he minds he left too much.

THIS......does anyone on here want to swap Lawrence for Lussick????

No, I didn't think so. This thread shoud be deleted.

Sorry **** thread

Darcy is a great kid who got a massive offer and had to secure his future.
If we had of kept him would we have had the cap space for horo, lawerence and tred

I definitely think Darcy will be back at the club later down the track. Thought he was one of the eels best this year.

We berate fans for lacking class. This thread reminds us that we Manly fans can be just as graceless.

Players have limited opportunities to make good coin before their career is over. Darcy received a great offer and whether he left or not had little bearing on where we are now as a club. It's not like he played up to force the clubs hand, or just simply walked out of the country.

Good luck to any past Manly player that moves on during the normal cycle of player movements, whether it's their choice or not.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4