How come Benji can??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

mikem

Reserve Grader
Just saw Benji take a quick tap against the Rorters. He was allowed to. We weren't. Please explain refs

Get with the plan Mike !!

A rule for Manly , and another for the rest!

Don’t forget we were denied a try last night for “ driving”......never heard that ruling before!!
Jake’s “drive” wouldn’t have pushed over a granny riding a unicycle on a tightrope - blindfolded.

The stupid part about the ref not letting Api take a quick tap is that none of the Manly players were offside and all the Newcastle players were heading back to their line so it should have been perfectly legal for him to tap and go.

The ref saying that he wasn't in position was a crock. He was right there looking at it for crying out loud.

Driving is a real rule. From memory Cooper Cronk was denied a try early in the 2013 World Cup Final because Andrew Fifita was ruled to have been a 'driver'.

In general terms, I think the driving rule is there simply to prevent a players team mate pushing them to a try while they are being tackled. Not that I think Jake had much influence in it, I think the 4 Knights tacklers scrambling over themselves to stop the try provided most of the momentum.

Last edited:
Driving is a real rule. From memory Cooper Cronk was denied a try early in the 2013 World Cup Final because Andrew Fifita was ruled to have been a 'driver'.

In general terms, I think the driving rule is there simply to prevent a players team mate pushing them to a try while they are being tackled. Not that I think Jake had much influence in it, I think the 4 Knights tacklers scrambling over themselves to stop the try provided most of the momentum.
And what would you know about driving @HoldenV8?

Benji was very good today. We could have picked him up for minimum wage
No we couldn't. Turdburgler and his crew are having too big a laugh at our expense stopping us signing players. It's the first agenda item on the NRL weekly leadership team meeting ...... 1. Who'd we stop Manly signing this week? It gives them all a good laugh. Funny as ****, hey?

Saw about 4 or 5 quick taps over the weekend. All were let go except one.

"Driving" is what used to be called a "second tackle". Theoretically, you can push your own player but you can't push, tackle or interfere with the other team's players tackling your player. In reality it happens all the time. Just watch any time a player is being pushed into touch or in-goal. It's pretty much a free-for-all with players runnng in and pushing anyone they want. Just another area where refs can make it up as they go. Give a penalty if they feel like it, but not enforce the rule 99.99% of the time.

As stated above, Jorge's try was not disallowed for "driving", it was because the ball wasn't grounded (according to the video ref). The only problem here was that the last camera angle shown from the side clearly showed the ball on the ground. They quickly moved on without comment.

I hate how the Tigpies won the game fair and square but get zero credit.

Its all about how the Rooters need to gel their $15 million side, and Cronk and Tedesco will take this long and that long to get use to their new club.

I reckon the Tigers had more new players than the Chooks.

They are my dark horses. I reckon with a bit of luck they could sneak into the 8.

I hate how the Tigpies won the game fair and square but get zero credit.

Its all about how the Rooters need to gel their $15 million side, and Cronk and Tedesco will take this long and that long to get use to their new club.

I reckon the Tigers had more new players than the Chooks.

They are my dark horses. I reckon with a bit of luck they could sneak into the 8.
Yeh I listened to Matty Johns banging on about how the Roosters will need some decent match day minutes under their belt before their all star spine gels and starts to deliver. I then wondered how many games Godinet, Brooks, Benji and Lolohea had played together ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10