[Resurrected] How good was Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There was an exceptional shot against Eels when Groth Jnr was running through players in a purple patch.
On a kick return he was full steam and I was thinking "please don't break the line" as he was scoring tries and bulldozing players at this time for fun...
Not this day - WHAM - Matai collects him with a screamer and the bloke looked up when he hit the turf like "WTF, thats not meant to happen to me"...
Well it did !!

Matai was pretty much in a league of his own .....

Not in the same class, but back in the late 60's Manly had a centre named Alec Tennant .... a lot of blokes he crashed into were given the details later by team mates ..
Tennant was in a class of his own

Skivvy is the player whose highlights I look at the most of all the champion players we have had.

After my 80th jamesons tonight I'll probably do it again and hope that he knows that despite the acrimonious end he had with Manly, he remembers that the fans absolutely adored him.

Another vote for Darrell Williams who laid out opposition runners regularly. Was a great, hard defender.
Long time ago but from memory i think Craig Innes was also considered an excellent defender too. But I don't recall him virtually killing people like Matai did lol

Matai was my favourite player to watch for years. That combo foran snake matai was amazing. He was also a great try scorer and very strong close to the line. I'll never forget the toovey investigation try matai was denied. That was a try fair and square.... the hit on Gurgess was priceless as was the next one on Surgess. We miss you Matai!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8