How long have YOU been a Manly supporter!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[b:cfaa608786]I have been a Manly fan for 33 years
I was 9 years old when I saw my first game of league which happened to be the Manly v easts Grand final, I was hooked on league since then
my parents were not big sports fans and it was the first game of league i had ever watched

Now if there is a game of League on I will watch it,from our local league to our juniors running around,My son is 16 and he plays for our local Club the Berkeley "EAGLES" u16s who are running 4th at the momentback to Manly though
Ihave seen all there winning premierships and the losing ones as well in the 33 years so I think there has been more highs than lows being a manly Fan
my most fav players in this time has been in order Bozo,Cliffy,Tooves and Igor
[/b:cfaa608786]

good one berkely, you sound like a passionate league fan buddy and the more of those around the better

wow Bradza a top effort mate, and its good living in Bennet street isnt it?

Awesome story Bradza. I was at the GF in 82 (I moved to Sydney that year!) and apart from Manly scoring first from the Phil Blake bomb it was pretty awful. (I announced my engagement that night too :shock: but least it was to a Manly girl.) I also went in 87 (Yay), 95 (we waited from them to play and they never did though Manson had a shocker - 3 tries that weren't. I still have my red Winfield Cup Cap), in 96 (You beauty!) and in 97 (enuff said already!) Those years were great and Manly was on the telly every week. Brings a tear to my eye.

My proudest possession is my 95 Manly tape on which I taped every try they scored in every TV they played right up to the GF (I left that bit off ). Every now and then I watch the tape and dream of the days when Manly were great! :lol:

I also went in 87 (Yay), 95 (we waited from them to play and they never did though Manson had a shocker - 3 tries that weren't.  

Weren't Manson in '95.

Eddie Ward, who also disallowed 3 Canterbury tries in that game that were.

Suitably credentialled for his current career as a video ref.

Thanks Danno or Book-em Danno, (I used to love Hawaii 5 O)

Thanks for setting things straight. You are right. Was Manson the ref when we lost to the Druggies in 97?

Ive been a manly fan for 17 years now ever since the 14th of May 1987 i can say ive never changed teams and always stuck by the manly boys

Thanks for setting things straight.  You are right.  Was Manson the ref when we lost to the Druggies in 97?

Radio birdman Aloha Steve and Danno.
"my life is dark and empty, when yournot on TV"

I'm 40 and have been supporting Manly since I was about five years old.
Never supported any other team !
Go the Mighty Sea Eagles !

Thanks for setting things straight.  You are right.  Was Manson the ref when we lost to the Druggies in 97?

Yep it was David Manson.

An awful day, I sat up in the stands behind the goal posts. I remember thinking "if he gets this pass away to Albert .." the rest is history.

Hawaii 5-0 was a great show, "Book-em Danno, Murder One" was the whole expression.

Everyone talks about the non-tries in 1995 but there was at least one in 1997 too. I haven't watched the game since (too painful) but in the lead up to one of the tries (I think it was the second O'Drugus one) there was a forward pass and a knock on in the lead-up. Around three plays before the try was scored.

How close were we too a three-peat?

Since about 1984. State of Origin got me interested in Rugby League as I was a soccer player as a youngin. Growing up in Brisbane there was no team in the NSWRL (obviously) so I went for the maroon and whites because they looked like QLD. Bozo was the coach and Kerry Bousted (my favourite) was in the side with Fatty and Choppy - all staunch QLDers.

25 years..well I grew up in a manly family...so since I was born!
My cousin has been a true supporter since she was 4 days old and attended her firtst Manly game vs North Sydney and North Sydney oval..
Going back this sunday I will let her remind her of it because i don't think she can remember!

A lot longer than you Byso!!!!
Forntuneatly I was born with it! so thats 40 something years
Isn't it a great blood disorder?

Yeah but whens the last time you went to a Manly game!! :lol:

Didn't see you on the hill at NSO when it was pissing down rain! :x

as long as I can remember. I remember going to the footy in the 70's with my old man and 3 brothers. these days I go to the footy with my brother, I'm 30+ and he is 56. I cant remember the 72,73 g/f's, but i remember 1976 like yesterday, standing on crates on the hill surrounded by lots of parra fans and john moran passing the ball to neville glover, who dropped it with the line wide open.
1982/3 G/F's, sleeping overnight outside driver ave to get a spot on the hill and getting beaten both times by parra, what a Guttered feeling that was!!!
1996 G/f was the best. driving home along crown st, there was about 20 cars in a row with Manly streamers, beeping their horns, people goin crazy and leaving the leagues club at 6am the next morning in my socks(lost my shoes somehow), walking up harbord road, trashed, singing We are the Champions. "Absolutely Priceless"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4