How many grounds have you seen the S Eagles at

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff said:
mickqld said:
They might be in the same location but completely different stadiums same as Cumberland oval and Parra stadium.

No way, no how.

Suncorp/Lang park
Sports Ground/SFS
Cumberland/Parra
Newcastle ISC/Whatever it's called now

All only count as one.

I'm 16., i think. Rubbish.

I agree. Geographically, spiritually, actually, and any other ally's one can think of!

Duff said:
mickqld said:
They might be in the same location but completely different stadiums same as Cumberland oval and Parra stadium.

No way, no how.

Suncorp/Lang park
Sports Ground/SFS
Cumberland/Parra
Newcastle ISC/Whatever it's called now

All only count as one.

I'm 16., i think. Rubbish.

Agree with you re Newcastle because that was just a name change and grandstands have been added. But as for Cumberland oval, Lang Park and the Sydney sports Ground, those venues were completely demolished and new ones built. The old Sports Ground used to run East- West with one team always having the sun in their eyes.

I'd agree with the same place different name...for example I saw the very first game in 1988 between Manly and Brisbane at Lang Park, and clearly now living in Queensland Suncorp is like my "home ground" (I live in fact only 5 mins form it)....to me that's not two stadiums but one.

I did see Manly play Brisbane at QE2 (I think it was called ANZ Stadium in those days)...so I count this as two.

But having never lived in Sydney I am way way behind most of you anyway.

By the way this is a very interesting thread, so congratulations to Mick for starting it.....some great old names coming up as well.

So someone who went to a game at Lang Park can say they have been to Suncorp Stadium? I disagree. I've watched games at Suncorp, but I can't say I've been to Lang Park because I haven't. It wasn't just a change of the venues name that took place.

bones said:
So someone who went to a game at Lang Park can say they have been to Suncorp Stadium? I disagree. I've watched games at Suncorp, but I can't say I've been to Lang Park because I haven't. It wasn't just a change of the venues name that took place.

Bones is correct thats the way it is. SFS and Sports ground 2 totally different stadiums same as Cumberland/Parra Stadium same as Lang Park/Suncorp they count as 2 venues argument finished.

Incorrect, same place no matter how big the works done are.

Used to watch from Matty's Ridge at Brooky when a kid, now covered by a new stand, completely different place now for me and by your logic thats makes it 2 different stadiums????

Why just draw the line at some works, every name change may as well count as a new ground.

Might have to count Brooky 2012 as a new ground twice since they painted the beer shed in the off season (1) and now have the new sectin of jane try stand (2) which completly changes the sun for some players during some games.

Needs to be differnt stadiums, not different versions of the same one.

Now its finished.

Fluffy said:

Used to watch from Matty's Ridge at Brooky when a kid, now covered by a new stand, completely different place now for me and by your logic thats makes it 2 different stadiums????

Why just draw the line at some works, every name change may as well count as a new ground.

Might have to count Brooky 2012 as a new ground twice since they painted the beer shed in the off season (1) and now have the new sectin of jane try stand (2) which completly changes the sun for some players during some games.

Now its finished.

Brookie has never stopped being a football oval. It has just had extensions added over time so it has always been the same venue.
Lang park was completely demolished, and before work started on Suncorp Stadium it was nothing more than a construction zone. Same goes for Cumberland oval and the Old Sydney sports Ground. Completely new venues were built, not just add ons to existing ones. New venues. Now were finished. :p

Sfs was completely different to syd sports ground. I was only a kid but I remember the concourse like it was yest. Ah the 80's, what an awesome decade. Men were men and they were colorful, tough and down right dirty!

bones said:
Fluffy said:

Now its finished.

Brookie has never stopped being a football oval. It has just had extensions added over time so it has always been the same venue.
Lang park was completely demolished, and before work started on Suncorp Stadium it was nothing more than a construction zone. Same goes for Cumberland oval and the Old Sydney sports Ground. Completely new venues were built, not just add ons to existing ones. New venues. Now were finished. :p

Better get the queenslanders to take the statue of lewis down then seeing he only played at Lang park!. Lol

And qlders called it Lang park for years after the new seats went in and many still do.
Same location, same ground.

An interesting convo though as I truly never thought anyone would consider them 2 grounds. An eye opener, cheers. :)

Now we're (I'm) finished, finished, finished, finished. :p. Off to kingaroy to eat some peanuts and worship my Sir Joh statue. :D

bones said:
Fluffy said:

Now its finished.

But the venue locations are at the same address :p

**** me dead no wonder our board are bickering all the time the supporters bicker just as much LOL.
Anyone who thinks that Cumberland oval and Parra stadium are the same place have never been to both. Anyone arguing the old Lang park and the sterile Suncorp stadium are the same has never experienced both. 2 totally different stadiums with 2 totally different atmospheres. Parra stadium doesnt compare to the feral atmosphere and facilities of the old Cumberland oval same as the outrageously feral Lang Park.

Albion Park with Danners and Chuckwood in a trial vs. The Dragqueens was the best one years ago - road trip. Interesting crowd, and one of the biggest hit-ups I have ever seen Hoppa do in my life - still remember it to this day.

Made me squirm.

mickqld said:
f**k me dead no wonder our board are bickering all the time the supporters bicker just as much.

Anyone arguing the old Lang park and the sterile Suncorp stadium are the same has never experienced both. 2 totally different stadiums with 2 totally different atmospheres.

??

I've been to both so that point is not totally accurate now is it. The question didn't ask me about atmospheres. :p.

If I buy a house at #5 king st, I still live at #5 king st even if I tear down the house and build another one.

If i went to a KFC store which later closes down and they rebuild it I to a McDonalds, have I been to that McDonalds? No. Even though it is the same address.

globaleagle said:
mickqld said:
f**k me dead no wonder our board are bickering all the time the supporters bicker just as much.

Anyone arguing the old Lang park and the sterile Suncorp stadium are the same has never experienced both. 2 totally different stadiums with 2 totally different atmospheres.

??

I've been to both so that point is not totally accurate now is it. The question didn't ask me about atmospheres. :p.

If I buy a house at #5 king st, I still live at #5 king st even if I tear down the house and build another one.

And of course you wouldn't need to invite your friends over to see your new house, because they will all say they have seen it hundreds of times before.
:p

Fluffy said:
Brookie mwas shut down for the first 5 rounds this year bones

It was still a football/sports oval. A closed one. You can't say that when Cumberland was demolished that it was still a football oval. No one is arguing that it's on the same site. But it's a different venue but same location. If a nightclub closes down and a new one opens on the same site, it's a different venue to the first one.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2