How will Seibold treat the trials?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How will Seibold treat the trials?

• Necessary Evil. Just like Des. Teams made up of fringe players with some cameos from our stars.

• A warm up for our best team with a few cameos from fringe players.

• A true trial to see if any of the fringe players can displace regular starters.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Gonna be interesting to see how we approach the trials this year.
Anyone have any insight on how Seibold approached trials in his previous jobs?

Had a look at Broncos 2020 trials. They played a Q cup side, Cowboys and Titans. In all 3 he started the main squad in the first 40 then made mass substitutions in the 2nd half.

Are our Trials announced yet?
Yes they are

Both up at Gosford as part of 2 double headers

Friday 10th February vs South's 8pm first game knights vs sharks at 5:55pm

Friday 17th February vs roosters 8pm first game knights vs eels 5:55pm kick off.

Trials up at Gosford I always attend great stadium to watch footy and you know for me that is when the NRL is close to being back.

Definitely a true style opportunity for both players and combinations with only 4- 5 certain positions round 1

I think he'll want to hit the ground running and choose the best possible team to win both trials.
Losing Tom though may have him rethinking his strategy.

Early on , would think that up and comers like Tuitavake , Fifita , Sykes , recruits Tuilagi and Condon will be given some decent on field presence . Maybe even G K T at 9 , Humphries at 7 Fletcher - Myers at centre and Weekes in any number of positions . No doubt also intent to get some combinations going and especially with the Shu and the added responsibilities as a 6 . Forwards like Keppie , Bulemor , Boyle to get into the grind fairly early on . Not sure with Burbo involvement but also deserves his shot of making an impression

Hopefully it is about combinations. My recollection of Des trials was that there was one quarter where the nrl squad would play, but the other 3/4 of the game was a farce with unbalanced teams and players out of position etc.

Obviously, expectations are high from management. As we know Penn said something along the lines of Manly having a premiership roster.

However, I'm also hoping there is an emphasis on promoting youngsters if they are ready. Or at a minimum finding out what they can actually do.

Hoping Seibold can find that balance as Des was under pressure to achieve his short focused "KPIs"

Early on , would think that up and comers like Tuitavake , Fifita , Sykes , recruits Tuilagi and Condon will be given some decent on field presence . Maybe even G K T at 9 , Humphries at 7 Fletcher - Myers at centre and Weekes in any number of positions . No doubt also intent to get some combinations going and especially with the Shu and the added responsibilities as a 6 . Forwards like Keppie , Bulemor , Boyle to get into the grind fairly early on . Not sure with Burbo involvement but also deserves his shot of making an impression
Agreed. Sea Eagle fans will be as curious as the new coach and the new coaching staff. With a bunch of young newbies now in the "30" and on top of the disappointment from this year, I am pretty sure that means we will get to see everyone in the "Top 30" who are fit to play. Seibold has nothing to loose here and everything to gain. Looking forward to it!!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8