Huge reality check

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah, lets bring Cust back and move Walker back to centre.....

smh.

Before there is any mention of Cust's iffy defence, I'll start on his attack. He backs up well, that I won't deny. But when he has the ball, if he doesn't pass it straight away he tends to run diagonally towards the sideline. When he was in the side and Walker was moved to the left to cover for Parker when he broke his jaw, a lot of the reason that Walker ran sideways when he did get the ball was because Cust had simply run both him and Jorge out of room, and while doing that Cust rarely turned the ball back inside either, he either took the tackle or passed it to Walker who had no room to move. Heading back infield was the only way Walker could find room to move most of the time.

At 5/8, Walker gets more early ball and he definitely runs a lot straighter which opens up both sides of the attack. He's also a bit more protected in defence (more so when Thommo is there). And speaking of defence, when he played, Cust let in as many tries with either poor reads or just missed tackles as he either created or scored himself.

Cust did show some promise, but I wouldn't be bringing him back into the side now. There are simply still too many deficiencies in his game that we don't need to be working on in first grade this close to the finals, especially when our main strike weapon isn't likely to play again this year.

No, right now I would be sticking with Walker at 5/8, Parker at left centre and Suli at right centre. And if one does get dropped (can't see it happening), if anyone comes in it will be Croker, not Cust.

Last edited:
Walker is a passenger at 5/8 and is our biggest problem right now.
Absolutely pathetic last 2 weeks i don't know what Des is thinking.
Over rated even at centre - New 5/8 please !!
Taufua by far is the main weak link in the Manly side. Far too slow and indecisive. Would not be in any other NRL side.

We were flat from the outset. I knew within two minutes we were off and had no chance. That coupled with the wet weather and we were never going to win. I thought the Storm were solid rather than great.

Our errors were unforced. After five minutes I made the comment to my old man that we looked liked we had already played a full game and were backing up for a second - tired, flat across the park.

Injuries are our biggest concern now (no rocket science there), we can cover this for a game - possibly two, but not beyond that - Tom and Thommo must recover if we are to have any hope.

We were flat from the outset. I knew within two minutes we were off and had no chance. That coupled with the wet weather and we were never going to win. I thought the Storm were solid rather than great.

Our errors were unforced. After five minutes I made the comment to my old man that we looked liked we had already played a full game and were backing up for a second - tired, flat across the park.

Injuries are our biggest concern now (no rocket science there), we can cover this for a game - possibly two, but not beyond that - Tom and Thommo must recover if we are to have any hope.

Flat from the outset and we never got out of first gear

Our worst game of the year

I am glad we got that out of our system

Now time to play Manly resilient footy again

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12