Hypothetical

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
If you had the power to reverse the result of any one game in Rugby League history, which game would you choose?
The 2007 GF giving us B2B ?
The 95 GF giving us B2B ?
The 97 GF giving us B2B ?
The 82 GF to split up Parra's hat-trick ?
An earlier GF?
Maybe not a GF. Maybe a GF qualifier (2012) to give us another GF appearance.

I think I'd choose the 2007 GF just because its the most recent GF loss and a B2B would be awesome.

I reckon Darren will choose the 2008 or 2011 Grand Final.

mozgrame said:
Round 26, 2002. Brookvale Oval. Crowd 13 755.

Fianl score : Penrith 68 def Northern Eagles 28

Erase totally please.

Would you seriously choose a NE regular season match over a Manly Grand Final loss?

The 2007 loss made 2008 sweeter. Maybe 83, as it made 82 even worse, and I was a young teenager who took it very hard. 97 is still a nightmare, so on the other hand.. Also 95 was a rip-off, and I actually had to leave the room and go upstairs for a good 20 mins during the game, much to the delight of mates who were over for a barbie.

bones said:
mozgrame said:
Round 26, 2002. Brookvale Oval. Crowd 13 755.

Fianl score : Penrith 68 def Northern Eagles 28

Erase totally please.

Would you seriously choose a NE regular season match over a Manly Grand Final loss?

Hahaha! Yes! That loss burns me because my prick of a boss back then was a Penrith man. He still ribs me about it. Arsehole.

Great question Bones. I'd probably go for the 1995 GF as that team definitely deserved B2B. That was rightfully ours based on dominance throughout the season but we were half a sleep on the day. The dodgy decisions just made it so much worse.

09 Semi Final loss to Melbourne (where we lost 40-12), and we got knocked out based on other results going against us. At the time I said the winner of that game would win the GF, which Melbourne did (and then got taken off).

That would have been a sweet B2B.

I think '95 for me. We were the best team that year by a country mile and Eddie Ward gave the Dogs that premiership, they didn't deserve it. That '95 side were one of our best ever but just didn't turn up for the decider. Very disappointing.

'97 was just one of those games. It burnt at the time, but it doesn't rank up there with other grand final losses for me because I always consider it a "half a comp" decider. Super League robbed us of a proper competition that year.

2007 I think we were punching above our weight, albeit against an illegally assembled opponent, so I don't feel we were deserving of a title that year so much.

82 and 83 hurt bad, because as a kid I didn't realise that Manly could actually lose a Grand Final. I still hate the Eels because of that.

Our pathetic effort in the semi against Melbourne last year still embarrasses me, I'd love to turn that one around. We could be going for a Threepeat now.

95 and 97 for me. We under achieved in the late 90's. Broke records for defence and had the best attacking side. Maybe should have won all three GF's.

On the other hand Parra in the early 80's had a great side and hence went B to B. Hate saying it but... accolades to them.

There's no doubting we were blessed in the 70's but the team today has given me more joy than all the decades put together. I'm not looking forward to seeing this team dismantle when they start retiring come 2016.

Masked Eagle said:
95 or 97 I think. Mainly because that team was dominate for 3 years and deserved more than one premiership.

I agree. It hurts when you are clearly the best team for the season then lose the GF.
Getting thumped by Melbourne in 2007 didn't hurt as much because the Storm were way too good that year. Obviously we didn't know at the time that they were also way over the cap.
But the 40-nil revenge the following year was soooo much sweeter because of the previous year's defeat.

'95 against Canterbury. We were ordinary on the day and the referee was against us. I can't think of the name of the Canterbury centre who was allowed to be offside the whole match and stifled any chance our backs had. Parramatta in the '80's were also very hard to take.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6