I can handle the pressure, says Bulldogs saviour Burton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just a little bit over the top calling him the saviour when he hasn’t played a game for them.

Looks like a puff piece from the SMH as Ch9 owns them.

I have no doubt that Burton can handle pressure

The question is can Burton handle the incompetence of Barretts NRL head coaching

Trents impact on the dogs

A wooden spoon achievement

1643100436384.png

'BURTON THE NEXT DCE'

Cheif RL reporter Small Tent
reports from Bulldogs HQ.

Apparently according to club insiders the supercoach is going to take Burton to the next level by doing a 'DCE' on him.

When TB took over @ Manly the world may have forgotten but he took a player with a premiership win and Clive Churchill medal and elevated his game to nothing short of crapsville. The quality Twenty was able to strip from DCE's game was nothing short of astounding.

Burton has been quoted as saying ' I can't wait for the male Model Man to mold my talent and guide my career to the next level'. after some more bro love, Burton finished by saying ' if everything Trent and myself have planned comes to pass I hope to be playing Group 14 4th grade within 3 years'....

Given the success TB had with the transformation of DCE one can only expect the same success for Burton.

To be honest I like Gould

I met him and he is a good bloke and a more sharper tool than Trent .

We must remember . He did not appoint Trent as the Dogs head coach

Gould advised Trent not to take the top dog job

But as usual the arrogant Trent only listens to his big ego

Gould tells TB not to take Dogs job knowing he will because of his ego. Part 1 of master plan check.
Part 2. Gould sees his opportunity to now parachute in without risk to his own reputation knowing if it goes bad he can fire TB and blame him for under performance.

Part 3. If Tb does get bored Gould can drop in his preferred coach to a decent roster. Win win.

Part 4. On the flipside if dogs get well Gould can again be winner winner chicken dinner as the guy that came into the wooden Spooners and turned it all around.

Gould comes out smelling of roses regardless of what happens. Smart guy.....

Gould tells TB not to take Dogs job knowing he will because of his ego. Part 1 of master plan check.
Part 2. Gould sees his opportunity to now parachute in without risk to his own reputation knowing if it goes bad he can fire TB and blame him for under performance.

Part 3. If Tb does get bored Gould can drop in his preferred coach to a decent roster. Win win.

Part 4. On the flipside if dogs get well Gould can again be winner winner chicken dinner as the guy that came into the wooden Spooners and turned it all around.

Gould comes out smelling of roses regardless of what happens. Smart guy.....
Smart post as well

If Gus sacks TB I reckon TB will think it means he will end up a premiership winning coach. Just look at Ivan.

Burton is too good an individual player not to stand out , regardless of club affiliation but whether he can be more effective as a 6 or at centre could be another matter . Not too sure if Barrett will bring the best out of him but no doubt he has an improved squad to work with so would expect the Dogs form to step up a bit accordingly and Burton should be one of their leading lights . Definite attitude problem towards the latter stages of his Manly coaching stint but may be able to find a better way [ coaching wise ] with a generally stronger squad [ on paper at least ] to work with .

Burton is too good an individual player not to stand out , regardless of club affiliation but whether he can be more effective as a 6 or at centre could be another matter . Not too sure if Barrett will bring the best out of him but no doubt he has an improved squad to work with so would expect the Dogs form to step up a bit accordingly and Burton should be one of their leading lights . Definite attitude problem towards the latter stages of his Manly coaching stint but may be able to find a better way [ coaching wise ] with a generally stronger squad [ on paper at least ] to work with .
YOu are right . A coach cannot take away a players natural ability

But ......

Performance on the field is not only based on a players ability

It is also based on the coaches ability to get the player in the right mindset

Because all games are won in players minds before they run on to the field

1643153856937.png

Gould recommended TB to Bozo go figure.. Burton should have kept out of the press. 2022 is make or break for TB not Burton.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8