I cannot Believe People want Hoppa!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Of course, if we make the semis this season with Hoppa in the side it will have a detrimental effect on the teams long term prosperity??

Won't making it this season give us a platform to better ourselves next term? Go a step further?etc

It's not like he'll come into the side at the expense of anyone that is worthwhile.

I personally would like to make the semis this season, go as far as possible ( If Liverpool won the Champs League in soccer then anything is possible) then see how much further Matty Orford and dare I say J Lyon can take us.

Clubs are built OFF the field - not on.

This is a crucial test of the club's credibility. I fear we are about to fail it.

Clubs are built OFF the field - not on.

This is a crucial test of the club's credibility. I fear we are about to fail it.

I agree with that 100%. First and foremost I am a fan and like most fans I just crave success for this team so badly it hurts. I don'y need to explain that feeling to you - you know.

With Hoppa I am so undecided. I am just saying that if he can take us to the semis, then we must have him, regardless of public opinion. It will give our team vital finals experience to draw upon in future years. Also who knows how far we'll go, I know it's a dream but above all I am a fan and dreaming is what it's about.

Hoppa isn't the best player around but he'll do a whole lot better than Donald at present.

I can see both sides. I'd like to know who supported Hoppa's return to Manly before his last indiscretion. The reason I ask is that I dont believe the hit on Galloway was worth what it got and as far as I am concerned can be forgiven. Therefore I dont see any reason why those who supported his return to Manly should object now.

I also think Australia are by far and away the best cricket team in the world and they still have a guy in the team who has done far more disgraceful things than Hoppa. Why is he still in the team, because he is still good value on the field.

I personally think Hoppa can help this season and can still be useful next year.

The reason I ask is that I dont believe the hit on Galloway was worth what it got and as far as I am concerned can be forgiven. Therefore I dont see any reason why those who supported his return to Manly should object now.
I have to disagree Clon. I was right on top of the incident and he ran like a bullet for 20 mts and made absolutely no effort to pull out even though Galloway had passed the ball. Then the hit was disgusting, even if as claimed, it went wrong. Just another brain explosion in a series of explosions. What next time? Like Pepsi says Hoppa has been fantastic and we all love his enthusiasm but he WILL stuff up again. This entire campaign is a farce and if allowed to happen will end in tragedy.

Should do another poll - who is worst Hoppa or Warne?

Hoppa - Drunken nightclub/plane incidents, Bottom poking, abusing match officials, head high tackles, fighting, serial sledger.

Warne - Front bottom poking ;) , serial SMS pest, abusing match officials, drug suspension, unfaithful to wife, serial sledger.

MB - to put it in perspective look at the hit on barret. A split second before both players were airborne with elbows cocked, same intention, its not a rarety in league.

I still think we are better off without him and will make the finals without him

I'll be extremely disappointed if they bring Hoppa back. I always maintained that his bad points outweighed his good points. Passion is a good commodity to have if you can harness it, but he lets it get the better of him and regularly comes up with 5 Star dumb plays. He is not an asset, he is a liability.

Anyway what is bringing him back going to acheive for the long term ?? If we are going to drop Donald or whoever, I'd rather see an up and comer given a go, let them get some experience. If people seriously think that Hoppa is the solution to us making the semis and being competitive than we are in trouble with a capital T. The problems are more deeply rooted than that, Hoppa is not going to turn our season around.

Anyway I think it is just a bit of media beat up, slow news day and a bit of Manly bashing always goes down well. If the basis of your investigative journalism is quoting from the MSE forum than it might be time to consider a career change.

As for comparisons between Warne and Hoppa, they are both flawed characters, however the main difference is that Warney carries on like a fool off the field whereas Hoppa reserves his stupidity for on the field where it has more effect on the teams performance.

I'll post of all these in general but this is one of Warnie's sledges gone bad

2. Daryll Cullinan & Shane Warne:

As Cullinan was on his way to the wicket, Warne told him he had been waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him. "Looks like you spent it eating,"
Cullinan retorted.

I can see both sides. I'd like to know who supported Hoppa's return to Manly before his last indiscretion. The reason I ask is that I dont believe the hit on Galloway was worth what it got and as far as I am concerned can be forgiven. Therefore I dont see any reason why those who supported his return to Manly should object now.

I also think Australia are by far and away the best cricket team in the world and they still have a guy in the team who has done far more disgraceful things than Hoppa. Why is he still in the team, because he is still good value on the field.

I personally think Hoppa can help this season and can still be useful next year.

Clontaago, the difference is Warnys misdemenours have all happened off the field away from cricket. If Warney had stuck his finger up a batsmans back side or abused the umpires or started throwing elbows and punches im not sure he would still be playing cricket.

On the other hand if every first grade footballer who had cheated on his partner made the news papers we would have to start a seperate lift out just to cover it!

So its settled - bring in warne for Donald

LOL :clap: :clap:

id still like to see Langer at Half Back and Hayden in the second row,!( Brett Lee would be a much better replacement for donald and he can catch!)

mate are you comparing warnys comments to a team mate caught on an on field mike, to Hoppa abusing a ball boy, sticking a finger up a players back side or running 20 meters to inflict a flying elbow ?

mate are you comparing warnys comments to a team mate caught on an on field mike, to Hoppa abusing a ball boy, sticking a finger up a players back side or running 20 meters to inflict a flying elbow ?

You really should get your facts straight. Hoppa didn't 'abuse' a ball boy, it was blown out of proportion.

'Give me the ball you little ****' Mate that is hardly abuse, and it was pretty deserved in the situation.

Des Hasler has come out in public and clearly stated that the 'shooter' was a tactic being used by the club and that Hopa was the hitman. So all Hoppa was doing was following orders, unfortunately it went a little wrong but it was cleary just meant to be a shoulder charge.

Talking of 'fighting' which I suppose you mean Stapleton last year against the Eels, the guy deserved it. He was giving him lip and in fact threw the first punch. Most people would have got off with a warning yet Hoppa copped 9 weeks.

The fingering incident cannot be defender, but the fact is that was not done whilst Hoppa played for Manly, and he never brought our club into disrepute with this incident so that fouls your whole reasoning for not wanting him back.

yes matabele, sell your shares. please!!!! i would have hoppa back in a heart beat, and if that meant at the expense of some of you clowns with no idea, it is something that i can live with, in fact be over the moon about!!! viva hoppa!

fire up robbo im with you, anyone that wants to send there membership back can do so, you wont hear any complaints from manly supporters!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6