I can't believe it hasn't been said,!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rambo1987 link said:
I think Hoppa Jnr (or little finger) will be a winger.

That is a bit below the belt, it is bad enough having the Manly haters dish out that sort of stuff, it is not funny and Will should not have to be burdened with rubbish like that, you honestly could not meet a nicer more humble guy.  Leave your sledging for other teams.

I found it almost as amusing as all the opposition fans constantly calling Brett S a rapist, I obviously have a different sense of humour

there is a huge difference between Hoppas finger and rape.

Don't even suggest i am comparing the 2 thanks

i dont see why he needs to be dropped , he should stay with us at fullback , farrar  on bench he can cover hooker, centre ,wing has more speed & backs up better than bailey, farrar can be our utility hoppa at fullback & bailey to qld cup..

Let's be honest, if Farrar was fit and at the back they would have scored a couple extra tries from bombs. It was obvious what Melbourne had planned to do. Bomb to the fullback as much as possible. Hoppa looked so comfortable under the high ball i was never really worried when he was under it. Farrar would have let a couple of those bombs bounce and anything could have happened.

Overall i like what i saw from him. Hoppa will only get better with a few more games under his belt, and hopefully he stays fit. He could well be an x factor come semi's.

abnc link said:
Let's be honest, if Farrar was fit and at the back they would have scored a couple extra tries from bombs. It was obvious what Melbourne had planned to do. Bomb to the fullback as much as possible. Hoppa looked so comfortable under the high ball i was never really worried when he was under it. Farrar would have let a couple of those bombs bounce and anything could have happened.

Overall i like what i saw from him. Hoppa will only get better with a few more games under his belt, and hopefully he stays fit. He could well be an x factor come semi's.

If we are being honest, let's acknowledge that Melbourne's kicking game wasn't exactly on song on Saturday. There wasn't a lot of pressure on Hoppa from most of those bombs, as they were generally too deep or poorly chased. Farrar would have dealt with most of them quite comfortably as well, so I don't know how you get Melbourne scoring two extra tries because of Farrar ?

Fro link said:

Don't even suggest i am comparing the 2 thanks

Saying that about Hoppa is the same as denying the holocaust, supporting bin Laden and voting for Tony Abbott all at once.  

You and your seed should be wiped from the earth Fro.  

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=abnc link=topic=184552.msg283042#msg283042 date=1281320150]

If we are being honest, let's acknowledge that Melbourne's kicking game wasn't exactly on song on Saturday. There wasn't a lot of pressure on Hoppa from most of those bombs, as they were generally too deep or poorly chased. Farrar would have dealt with most of them quite comfortably as well, so I don't know how you get Melbourne scoring two extra tries because of Farrar ?
[/quote]

Farrar has been solid for us at the back, but his catching this year hasn't been too good. On some occasions Farrar hasn't got close or even tried to get close to bombs. The one that went away from Hoppa right at the last minute and he still took it very well, i wouldn't have been so confident in Farrar taking that one.

Farrar is a great utility player but i won't play him at Fullback if we had another option. Hoppa should be at no.1 for the rest of the year imo. Maybe i was a bit harsh in saying they would have got 2 extra tries with Farrar at the back, but you can be sure they would have put a lot more up to Farrar if he was there.

Fro link said:
Really? don't think so . . .
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/ca190082/s61h.html

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=abnc link=topic=184552.msg283042#msg283042 date=1281320150]

[/quote]

I still think he did a good job on them.

For mine though it wasn't the high balls it was his positioning. He was always in the right place and followed the play.

Our wingers take a lot of kicks, but Hoppa was always there to field ours.
He also followed the play behind the line when they were running etc, meaning he was in the right spot to make the tackles.

I am a fan of Farrar's but Hoppa has played enough fullback to know how to position himself and that is what makes him that bit better than Farrar

I like this Quick Reply mode :)

I'd prefer Hoppa at FB. As for Farrar at FB.. He's a little dodgy under the high balls. When he was letting them bounce,
I had to ask myself. Why?

I still like him as a player, but would prefer to see Hoppa finish the year a FB.

yeah thanks Dan for the brand new quick reply, pity it hasnt been around for years...................WTF !??

Lets not go down that path. Hoppa had a great game at fullback, solid under the high ball, I dont have that nervous feeling watching him as I did watching Robbo and Farrar playing fullback at times. He's got some good skills and should only get better with more nrl experience.

Fro link said:
yeah thanks Dan for the brand new quick reply, pity it hasnt been around for years...................WTF !??
lmao fro.. some arent as quick  ok ;D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8