I Love Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Elvis Presley said:
My love affair with the mighty eagles started way back in 1968.

What a game:)
I have replay that last try by the wolfman at least 50 times over.

I thought Liam Foran played his best game.

My 3-2-1

3. Jamie Lyon
2. steve Matai
1. wolfman

Strong games by the workhorse Matty Ballin, Glen as always and Buhrer for that last pass to matai that set up the win.

Love you Manly

I am of that early old codger vintage and share your attitudes. When I saw Lyon making an absolutely classic burst down the edge supported by Wolfman it reminded me of so many other Manly style open play tries such as moments memory can recall and vaguely see but dates have long since faded. Can others remember Dale Shearer scoring a desperation field length try to win the game after or on the bell... great line breaks and evasive running lines by Bozo....fantastic finishing by the great Ken Irvine the fastest of them all...? Of course it would be unfair to not acknowledge the harder yards down the middle that sets up the platform and space for great open play,, but there is special quality of brilliance that only great finishing players provide... a Brett Stewart try or try assist, a Matai power run. Robbo's and young Hoppa's tight squeezes into the corners and so on, that is Manly style through and through over generations..Yes... I want to gratefully acknowledge the wonderful freedom, skill, speed that Manly edge play continues to provide. Apologies for the many fine players missed out, but perhaps some can add to or correct the record of these special Manly moments?

:heart::heart:

Morning!

edit: Just thought this was worth bumping.

So there.

2.06pm and all's well.

Thanks GE - sending the love to Manly, as always :heart:

Pull up the drawbridge at the Spit and batten down the Fortress I say :idea:

bob dylan said:
Ok I didn't have to start a new thread for this. But so what.

I will walk proud all week. now to Mick Simmons to see what i can buy.
Mick Simmons,are they still around Bob,wow what a blast from the past for me,I used to love that store,oh sorry,off the topic,but agreed, I love Manly too

master blaster said:
bob dylan said:
Ok I didn't have to start a new thread for this. But so what.

I will walk proud all week. now to Mick Simmons to see what i can buy.
Mick Simmons,are they still around Bob,wow what a blast from the past for me,I used to love that store,oh sorry,off the topic,but agreed, I love Manly too

There is a Mick Simmons on Pitt Street in Sydney city.

What a game, what a final try!!! Will have to re-watch that final 2 mins again for the 100th time :D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2