I love ya Des, but!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You're probably right, Simmo66. I'd settle for Des acknowledging that we have massive problems and then trying to do something about them. On the evidence so far, he seems to think all we need is a few minor adjustments and "the rub of the green". Truth is, we went so far backwards last year that even champions like Jake now look decidedly average. How do you even start to fix that?
Sorry mate but Jake is average. I don’t think he’d make the 17 in any other team to be honest. Overrated, overpaid & a penalty / 6 again magnet.

Look at our membership numbers..people had more faith in trent..our numbers for this yr show hardly anyone has belief we will be successful...says alot

And take Randall & Monaghan with him!
The whole lot coaching staff and donny and his staff..they can all go..if we dont act soon we will be in a pit we wont recover quick from..get rid of the rot now or by the end of year

In the past 6 seasons we have missed the finals 4 times... once with Toovey, twice with Barrett and once with Des.

Clearing the decks with coaching staff might work but recent history suggests that it doesn't

In the past 6 seasons we have missed the finals 4 times... once with Toovey, twice with Barrett and once with Des.

Clearing the decks with coaching staff might work but recent history suggests that it doesn't
It wasn’t Toovey’s fault we missed the finals rather the unrest in the playing group & behind the scenes office dramas. With Barrett it was selection policy as it is with Hasler. Barrett persisted with average players as is Hasler. Both stubborn & not interested in giving youth a go! Barrett fvcked young Hastings & a couple of others who have gone on to be successful at other clubs by refusing to blood them or give them a chance. Hasler is doing the same with Schuster & Olakau’atu & I’m worried we will lose not only them but others also. I’m not sure what’s going thru Hasler’s head but I’m concerned he’s gonna be the cause of our young stars looking for opportunity elsewhere. His persistence with average players & his apparent refusal to not even consider reinvigorating the team is annoying, frustrating & a slap in the face of all supporters. I feel we’re all wasting our time trying to understand his reasoning.

Last edited:
Garrick needs to go... there is nothing about his play that warrants him playing first grade forvanother week. Even his goal kicking has plummeted and his defence isn't even NSW Cup standard. This is a no brainer, if he's named next week, the knives will be out.
And you can add Parker. He ain’t no 1st grader. No opposition centre would be in fear of standing opposite him. Never makes a line break and a target for backrowers to run at...

It wasn’t Toovey’s fault we missed the finals rather the unrest in the playing group & behind the scenes office dramas.

I don't think Toovey was a master coach at all... but you have sort of just proved my point.

Building a winning football team is not just as simple as putting together a few coaching staff and buying 30 players with salary cap money. Because 15 other clubs are doing the exact same thing.

The fact we've recently gone through 3 coaches and are still not regulars in September proves that we need to review the changes that need to be made as an entire organisation from the top down.

Garrick needs to go.
Harper needs to play fullback.
Dylan is a centre.
Parker is third choice back up.
Schuster needs to come onto the bench.
Anything less and Des needs to be publicly flogged in the middle of the corso.

Hasler’s press conference today after the game just shows how out of touch and stubborn the old bastard is ! He claims defence is the problem. so why keep selecting the same old bums that won’t and can’t tackle. Absolute joke , and he “feels a BIT embarrassed for the fans” - wake up Des it’s been going on for over a dozen games and you have done nothing about it , and you should be VERY EMBARRASSED !!!!!!!!!!
A BIT embarrassed? Faaaark me, you and your yes men staff are clueless muppets. YOUR players show no passion nor care when they concede soft tries - that is your embarrassing influence and coaching

Haumole is our best second rower in our top 30. Jetski is an utter dud, I don't know how he's even playing first grade. Siro is on a decline, sideway runner, doesn't make barging runs like he used to and is a ball hog which stifles Suli's threat. Only thing is he is defensively sound. Davey had a decent showing, adds very good bench value at most though. But Haumole in his limited time won a MOM and has shown great potential. Honestly thought he was easily in line for being Joel's successor.

Great call Frank, sh!t is just sh!t
I think Franks previous call that Des couldn’t motivate a whore to put out was ST gold.
Was it you @frank stokes that said Tommy was as fast as a turtle on heroin?
‘When your team is playing as bad as they did today, you’ve gotta get your lols from wherever you can. Keeps the razor blades at bay. @:p

Outs:
Garrick- promising rookie season but last twelve months have been really bad for him. Too small, gets thrown around when he makes kick returns. I know he made the most metres this game. Defensively sooooo weak. His goalkicking can't even keep him in our first grade team coz that's been on a decline as well.
Parker- Badly deteriorating. Used to be tough and strong in attack and defence. Gets weaker every game, and more trash in defence. Gets thrown around whenever he runs. Reserve grade standard.
Jetski- I dont know how the f fans persist with this guy let alone the coaching side. Most dud player ever. Error and stupid mistakes prone, no impact in his running game whatsoever.
Lachlan Croker- just utter s*** He is so s*** I can remember his one only good performance in his whole career. The first time we played Raiders last year after Covid. Ye but plz punt him.
Boyle- not as bad as the others but just isn't first grade quality. We have better front rowers that are not getting the chance.

Btw all these players that need to be out wouldn't make the starting 17 on any other team in the comp. I guarantee you.

Ins:
Tuipulotu- I know he had a pretty bad trial game, but I reckon we should give this kid a chance. If not we can easily just put Funa in for him. Just not Garrick please.
Harper- In for FB, i really like this guy, he is hardworking and has a spark in him. And its also better for Dylan, coz people need to realise Dylan still has talent in him but he can only do that in the centres. I dont know how coaches havent realised when most of his successive years have come from being at centre. Rabbitohs stint and 2017 manly as an example. With Harper, play him at FB, see how he goes, and once turbo back, if Suli is still playing trash, drop him for Harper.
Schuster- i dont need to say much except this. Plz don't lose this kid, he is honestly the future and probably the only shining light this club has. We can't let ignorance and wreckless roster management make this kid leave. In for Funa as our utility, he is still only 19 and can learn and grow at a utility role for now and is always there as a Foran backup.
Olakatau- Same thing with Schuster, please ohhh please don't lose this kid coz of our poor selections and downright ignorance. He doesn't get much appreciation from our fans but I say with my heart, he is our best second rower in our top 30. His limited time last year has shown his potential, his attacking threat and awareness, and his ability to improve in defence. He has Joel Thompson's successor written all over him. Plz be smart with this kid.
Keppie/Sipley- Ill start with sipley, this guy's hype has gone down after he had a long stint on the sidelines. Obviously don't know how much that has affected him but he was a tank back then, replicated AFB's style in attack. Really want to see him back on the field and I think him and Paseka coming off the bench would be deadly. Keppie is a good bench value. I'll be happy with either of them rather than Boyle coming off the bench.

Defence will be less of an issue(but still a problem) if our attack was more direct and efficient, being able to dominate some field position and induce fatigue into the opposition so that it is an arm wrestle beyond 6.25mins.

When the attack is clunky and old school predictable the heads drop off and the enthusiasm to put in defensively is reduced(especially with young players), you don't feel the effort in defence will be rewarded at the end so the 1% effort plays start to drop off and it becomes a chain reaction.

One out passing from Croker to a short lead runner is boring as f99K, DCE and Foran work well with passing variety that is either short with speed and running momentum or a distant crisp flat wide lateral pass to mix things up---going through the short pass off the ruck and second man play to the half is cumbersome and doesn't get you to the edges quick enough.

When Croker passed a flat face ball out front in the second half Manly almost created an overlap---we need to gain confidence off the ability to score points more easily and the defence will want to show up after that.

The very early exchanges the Roosters were looking up before receiving the ball with some good first contact defence, we just need to give the team more reason to sustain it because at the moment the mind is weak as sh(t and the dropping of heads way too easily for a first grade squad.

The beauty of Ballin was that he allowed Foran and DCE space from the ruck due to his crisp long service and Manly could play laterally very efficiently and catch teams out, making yardage on the edges---we really miss this but need to evolve beyond this limitation also.
I’m hoping that with Ballin as Blacktown coach he can pass on his experience and expertise to young Birt.

Outs:
Garrick- promising rookie season but last twelve months have been really bad for him. Too small, gets thrown around when he makes kick returns. I know he made the most metres this game. Defensively sooooo weak. His goalkicking can't even keep him in our first grade team coz that's been on a decline as well.
Parker- Badly deteriorating. Used to be tough and strong in attack and defence. Gets weaker every game, and more trash in defence. Gets thrown around whenever he runs. Reserve grade standard.
Jetski- I dont know how the f fans persist with this guy let alone the coaching side. Most dud player ever. Error and stupid mistakes prone, no impact in his running game whatsoever.
Lachlan Croker- just utter s*** He is so s*** I can remember his one only good performance in his whole career. The first time we played Raiders last year after Covid. Ye but plz punt him.
Boyle- not as bad as the others but just isn't first grade quality. We have better front rowers that are not getting the chance.

Btw all these players that need to be out wouldn't make the starting 17 on any other team in the comp. I guarantee you.

Ins:
Tuipulotu- I know he had a pretty bad trial game, but I reckon we should give this kid a chance. If not we can easily just put Funa in for him. Just not Garrick please.
Harper- In for FB, i really like this guy, he is hardworking and has a spark in him. And its also better for Dylan, coz people need to realise Dylan still has talent in him but he can only do that in the centres. I dont know how coaches havent realised when most of his successive years have come from being at centre. Rabbitohs stint and 2017 manly as an example. With Harper, play him at FB, see how he goes, and once turbo back, if Suli is still playing trash, drop him for Harper.
Schuster- i dont need to say much except this. Plz don't lose this kid, he is honestly the future and probably the only shining light this club has. We can't let ignorance and wreckless roster management make this kid leave. In for Funa as our utility, he is still only 19 and can learn and grow at a utility role for now and is always there as a Foran backup.
Olakatau- Same thing with Schuster, please ohhh please don't lose this kid coz of our poor selections and downright ignorance. He doesn't get much appreciation from our fans but I say with my heart, he is our best second rower in our top 30. His limited time last year has shown his potential, his attacking threat and awareness, and his ability to improve in defence. He has Joel Thompson's successor written all over him. Plz be smart with this kid.
Keppie/Sipley- Ill start with sipley, this guy's hype has gone down after he had a long stint on the sidelines. Obviously don't know how much that has affected him but he was a tank back then, replicated AFB's style in attack. Really want to see him back on the field and I think him and Paseka coming off the bench would be deadly. Keppie is a good bench value. I'll be happy with either of them rather than Boyle coming off the bench.
Excellent post. Couldn’t agree more.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8