I love ya Des, but!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have always been a huge fan of Des however I feel the new style of Nrl/era is passing him by quickly.

Firstly he needs to find an experienced assistant (defensive) coach & implement a defensive pattern from this decade!

Secondly sign a *fu##### recognised #9 & a decent outside back who can cover fullback (happy for him to sell Garrick, Parker, Croker, siro, jetski, boyle) to make this happen

Thirdly - stop showing blind faith/loyalty to plodders and pick some "proven" youth such as Schuster, Guac, cust...

Finally stop naming fake line ups and playing cat and mouse under the radar (that's so 10 years ago).

That is all... should start winning after this!

Nice balanced post Harry. A twenty year old with some football nous.
Yep agree with that to well said Harry. Yeah aside for that awful first try we gave away I thought we went alright for the first quarter or so. Aloai added some punch and Jack went ok too. It was all the bloody dropped ball and stupid plays dce kick on the 2nd! That kept letting the roosters off the hook. That game was perhaps dces worst I’ve seen. Last year v dragons was a close second. I don’t think Des will make many (if any) changes. However Parker and Garrick must go. At the very least Garrick. A wing change is relatively low risk imo

Did you see Tuipulotu in the trial against the Tigers? He was terrible. On par with Garrick's performance tonight.
Yeah but that’s one bad game. Garrick has dished up Tge last 10 like that. Tuipolotu might have a good game..... Honestly I don’t care who replaces him as long as someone does. It’s the one change that must occur. If not just to show the fans that Des too thinks it’s unacceptable to perform the way he/we did. Where’s Abbas Miski? He bloody went alright in his last game v Warriors!

Defence will be less of an issue(but still a problem) if our attack was more direct and efficient, being able to dominate some field position and induce fatigue into the opposition so that it is an arm wrestle beyond 6.25mins.

When the attack is clunky and old school predictable the heads drop off and the enthusiasm to put in defensively is reduced(especially with young players), you don't feel the effort in defence will be rewarded at the end so the 1% effort plays start to drop off and it becomes a chain reaction.

One out passing from Croker to a short lead runner is boring as f99K, DCE and Foran work well with passing variety that is either short with speed and running momentum or a distant crisp flat wide lateral pass to mix things up---going through the short pass off the ruck and second man play to the half is cumbersome and doesn't get you to the edges quick enough.

When Croker passed a flat face ball out front in the second half Manly almost created an overlap---we need to gain confidence off the ability to score points more easily and the defence will want to show up after that.

The very early exchanges the Roosters were looking up before receiving the ball with some good first contact defence, we just need to give the team more reason to sustain it because at the moment the mind is weak as sh(t and the dropping of heads way too easily for a first grade squad.

The beauty of Ballin was that he allowed Foran and DCE space from the ruck due to his crisp long service and Manly could play laterally very efficiently and catch teams out, making yardage on the edges---we really miss this but need to evolve beyond this limitation also.
Totally agree TC. But we also had opportunities to score points or put ourselves in positions to do so but we kept dropping the pill in the attacking zone. Dce, paseka, Jake, dce kick on 2nd - these were all early in the count. I couldn’t believe it! If we had scored even once in that first half it would have at least lifted the heads. I agree confidence in this team is really shot and they have not gotten over the results/scars of last year. Sone better attack and points will lead to a bit more effort in D

Membership numbers have a lot more to do with a useless head office (marketing/operations) than anything to do with what we saw today.
So your saying if we have a good office but the players continue to play the same we can gain members..either your smoking good bud or i am hehe

I think Franks previous call that Des couldn’t motivate a whore to put out was ST gold.
Was it you @frank stokes that said Tommy was as fast as a turtle on heroin?
‘When your team is playing as bad as they did today, you’ve gotta get your lols from wherever you can. Keeps the razor blades at bay. @:p
It was me wombat but it was actually Parker that I was referring to...

From Rothfield:

Des Hasler is under the pump and fighting to save his coaching career at Manly after a disastrous first-round thumping from the Sydney Roosters.
News Corp can reveal Hasler is yet to sign his multi-million dollar contract extension while tense negotiations continue over strict performance clauses Manly is insisting on.

The veteran coach has now joined the Cronulla Sharks’ John Morris as the men most in danger of being the first coach sacked this season.

Hasler’s manager George Mimis and Sea Eagles chief executive Stephen Humphreys have been stalled over several months about the length of the contract and termination options.

Hasler wanted a three-year deal. Manly agreed but only with performance clauses that would allow the contract to be terminated at any time.

The other option discussed was a rolling year-by-year contract, identical to the deal Nathan Brown had at the Newcastle Knights before he was sacked and paid out for six months.

Manly is obviously trying to avoid a repeat of Hasler’s messy departure from the Canterbury Bulldogs when he took legal action to get a $1 million payout.

They are also not prepared to risk another Trent Barrett situation where he was left on the pay roll for 12 months after handing in his resignation.

Plus all the clubs have learnt from the Broncos’ hefty payout to Anthony Seibold last year.

Humphreys was guarded when approached for comment on Sunday.

“Des is in the final year of a three-year contract,” Humphreys said.

“We’ve been discussing the situation beyond this year for a little while now, but at this stage it is unresolved. I have no other comment to make.”

Manly insist this is not just a snap decision.

Obviously Saturday’s 46-4 flogging from the Roosters at the Sydney Cricket Ground hasn’t helped.

There has been concern for much longer about the long-term future.

The club finished 13th last season and has made a number of recruitment blunders.

Should Manly fail to reach an agreement with Hasler, it would almost certainly end his 17-year coaching career in which he delivered two premierships in 2008 and 2011 at Manly.

The obvious contenders are Shane Flanagan, Craig Fitzgibbon and Panthers assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo.

They would become the fourth new coach in six years following on from Geoff Toovey, Trent Barrett and Hasler.

From Rothfield:

Des Hasler is under the pump and fighting to save his coaching career at Manly after a disastrous first-round thumping from the Sydney Roosters.
News Corp can reveal Hasler is yet to sign his multi-million dollar contract extension while tense negotiations continue over strict performance clauses Manly is insisting on.

The veteran coach has now joined the Cronulla Sharks’ John Morris as the men most in danger of being the first coach sacked this season.

Hasler’s manager George Mimis and Sea Eagles chief executive Stephen Humphreys have been stalled over several months about the length of the contract and termination options.

Hasler wanted a three-year deal. Manly agreed but only with performance clauses that would allow the contract to be terminated at any time.

The other option discussed was a rolling year-by-year contract, identical to the deal Nathan Brown had at the Newcastle Knights before he was sacked and paid out for six months.

Manly is obviously trying to avoid a repeat of Hasler’s messy departure from the Canterbury Bulldogs when he took legal action to get a $1 million payout.

They are also not prepared to risk another Trent Barrett situation where he was left on the pay roll for 12 months after handing in his resignation.

Plus all the clubs have learnt from the Broncos’ hefty payout to Anthony Seibold last year.

Humphreys was guarded when approached for comment on Sunday.

“Des is in the final year of a three-year contract,” Humphreys said.

“We’ve been discussing the situation beyond this year for a little while now, but at this stage it is unresolved. I have no other comment to make.”

Manly insist this is not just a snap decision.

Obviously Saturday’s 46-4 flogging from the Roosters at the Sydney Cricket Ground hasn’t helped.

There has been concern for much longer about the long-term future.

The club finished 13th last season and has made a number of recruitment blunders.

Should Manly fail to reach an agreement with Hasler, it would almost certainly end his 17-year coaching career in which he delivered two premierships in 2008 and 2011 at Manly.

The obvious contenders are Shane Flanagan, Craig Fitzgibbon and Panthers assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo.

They would become the fourth new coach in six years following on from Geoff Toovey, Trent Barrett and Hasler.
Id take Flanagan

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10