I Support The Penns & Kelly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All I've seen from Manly admin over the last couple of years is self destruction. If Foran walks and we throw up another garbage performance on Sat it will be the final kick in the guts for me. I'm very close to joining Ralphie and having time away from this crap. The NRL just makes me sick.

Mick. I understand your frustration. But consider this (totally unofficial) message.

Player movements are a feature of the competition nowadays and they don't all occur as smoothly as we might hope. Anytime we lose a good player some adjustment is needed within the team, but having said that it also opens up new opportunities, both for player development and also recruitment.
Manly has a proud history and the current management and coaching staff are committed to maintaining that record and ensuring we remain a serious challenger. The first Round loss was disappointing but the players are looking forward to the chance to turn it around this weekend.

Since the Penns took over our players have used pens elsewhere.
Not blaming our owners. The damage had been done way before the takeover. I just wanted to say Penns and pens in the same sentence.:p

You should have said "I just wanted to pen Penns and pens in the same sentence." :p:p

(even though you typed it.)

SER8 makes a really valid point, just stop and think about 2009, when Cherry-Evans found himself behind Trent DOGkinson. DCE was thrust into the NRL side in 2011 and slowly became the face of the NRL. Manly has a knack of doing it. all is not lost. We may not win another GF for another two years but it is how we build a team that tells us apart from the others. I think we can build something around Foran but sadly I think Ryan is right in what he knows and has posted. Unless they can turn him around sadly I think he has been lost so let’s identify the future and move on with that. One player bought like DCE is not going to win the Titans a premiership, sadly we will see DCE’s career falter at the Titans

I have stated in this forum that I never wanted to see Hasler go and I would wish that one day he would come back in some form of capacity, al la Gould at the riff. I also stated at the same time that I didn’t think Toovey was ready to coach but accepted that he was the man. My biggest fear for Tooves was that he wouldn’t be given much of a chance and at the first hint of trouble he would be made the scapegoat if all was not well. I really hate seeing Tooves being left out to hang, he is a legend of this great club and deserves way better than the treatment he is receiving. Give the guy the resources he needs and let him get on with the job of coaching our great side, he will win us a premiership.

All is not lost and we just need to move on and rebuild stronger than before (easier said than done).

@vidmar, please tell us where the football club is at with

- in relation to continue to use surplus funds to acquire further equity in MWSE as required under the Football Club's Constitution

- Why buying back" the Sea Eagles is not a realistic and active goal of the Football Club at this point of time.

- Will the football club ever become the rightful owner, what is the long term plan to become successful in this ambition?

SER8 makes a really valid point, just stop and think about 2009, when Cherry-Evans found himself behind Trent DOGkinson. DCE was thrust into the NRL side in 2011 and slowly became the face of the NRL. Manly has a knack of doing it. all is not lost. We may not win another GF for another two years but it is how we build a team that tells us apart from the others. I think we can build something around Foran but sadly I think Ryan is right in what he knows and has posted. Unless they can turn him around sadly I think he has been lost so let’s identify the future and move on with that. One player bought like DCE is not going to win the Titans a premiership, sadly we will see DCE’s career falter at the Titans

I have stated in this forum that I never wanted to see Hasler go and I would wish that one day he would come back in some form of capacity, al la Gould at the riff. I also stated at the same time that I didn’t think Toovey was ready to coach but accepted that he was the man. My biggest fear for Tooves was that he wouldn’t be given much of a chance and at the first hint of trouble he would be made the scapegoat if all was not well. I really hate seeing Tooves being left out to hang, he is a legend of this great club and deserves way better than the treatment he is receiving. Give the guy the resources he needs and let him get on with the job of coaching our great side, he will win us a premiership.

All is not lost and we just need to move on and rebuild stronger than before (easier said than done).

- in relation to continue to use surplus funds to acquire further equity in MWSE as required under the Football Club's Constitution

- Why buying back" the Sea Eagles is not a realistic and active goal of the Football Club at this point of time.

- Will the football club ever become the rightful owner, what is the long term plan to become successful in this ambition?
I think we only have about 600 FC members? It would probably require each of us tipping in about $10,000 each to buy back control. Then what happpens during years went MWSE doesn't make a profit? Do our hands once again go to our pockets to make up the short fall? It's not realistic with so few FC members.

I would give the current owners a go if Zorba disappeared from the club. If you're really wanting to put a new broom through the club you really need to get rid of the oldest and most divisive. But the can't and wont.

The Football Club does not have the resources to buy back in, or more importantly, to continue any ongoing funding, especially now since they don't receive any funding from the Leagues Club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4