I was told Thurston never has a crap game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thurston having a poor game often will resemble his front line......
If Taumoulolo, Scott, Tamou, Cooper, Lowe dominate - its easy days.
Far from in todays effort & Thurston suffered.....
Have a feeling he is still injured also.
NO half in rugby league history will dominate a game the forwards lose - Even the king tried & failed - closest I have seen as a 5/8 playing well behind a beaten pack are Cliff Lyons & Brett Kenny.

NO half in rugby league history will dominate a game the forwards lose - Even the king tried & failed - closest I have seen as a 5/8 playing well behind a beaten pack are Cliff Lyons & Brett Kenny.

Tooves as well used to be able to pick tiny holes, and take advantage when the forwards were being hard pressed (as rare as that was). He was a crafty little player.

Also remember Kosef at 5/8, and Clyde being the same. Could turn the tide.

One of the worst halfback performances in the history of the game. Fortunately he has a some great players around him to make him look ok.

One of the worst halfback performances in the history of the game. Fortunately he has a some great players around him to make him look ok.
Agree Wombatgac it so funny Thurstn is so overrated.

I clearly remember one time he threw a long ball to a winger who once again was way too shallow who fell over because he had to check his run and restart resulting in the ball over the sideline. Anyone who has ever thrown a long pass to a winger with fresh air in front of himknows the joy when he stands deep. Not excusing his poor game but just a factor I do not get. Thurston is obviously a great player but Kenny is my favorite and I would like him in my team ahead of Thurston. Kenny's performances in his GF's were so far ahead of Thurston last year despite the best on field award that it is not funny. Milford to me was clear Man of match last year

How come it's not the coaches fault for not sending out a message saying "play better."

Thurston would never have missed those tackles if that useless bloody coach green had said to him at half time 'Thurston ... don't miss tackles"

How come it's not the coaches fault for not sending out a message saying "play better."

Thurston would never have missed those tackles if that useless bloody coach green had said to him at half time 'Thurston ... don't miss tackles"
You can forgive the coach for one off poor player displays, but if they are consistently poor then the coach ought to wear the blame for either not correcting the issue or not dropping the player.

Yeah, I agree JT was poor yesterday.

I disagree with another poster who suggested he also played badly last week. Last week I thought he played quite well, adjusting to a good smothering strategy being executed well by the opposition. He was let down by the performance of his forwards last week, in my opinion.

One thing I will give JT over DCE (at this stage), is that he never stops grabbing that team by the scruff of the neck and dragging them around the field. He lives and dies by the sword, and I think his willingness and competitiveness have allowed him to do this so often, he has made a ****load more mistakes than others and thus refined his game to where it's at. I would love to see DCE continue to work hard in this area of his game.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8