Idiot watch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely he could get a part time job. I'm sure a local would give him a go. Something simple, but something that puts runs on the board for after footy.

And Choc, stay away from roof tiling.

Matabele said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Matabele said:
Fact is the club is fed up to the gills with Watmough compromising his recovery with his predilection for the bottle over several years. The fuse has burned very short.

If that is fact it puts a different complexion on Choc for me.

Still, tonights camera incident is a separate issue for mine, and I tend to believe these things can be misconstrued very easily.

Jerry1 said:
I took a different view of Watmough than most of you. He knew the camera was on him & I thought it more more of an embarrassed smile. Not smart arse at all.

Anyway - there isn't one of us who hasn't taken a piss where we shouldn't have. One of those things. Get over it people.
How many here are paid $400kpa to play a contact sport where recuperation is not assisted by 2 day benders?
he is a knob his mates were busting a gut and he sits there with a smug smartarse grin on his face.like everyone else I have lost patience with him

Ryan said:
Surely he could get a part time job. I'm sure a local would give him a go. Something simple, but something that puts runs on the board for after footy.

And Choc, stay away from roof tiling.

Cleaning the Brookvale Oval toilets might be within his capabilities. Just watch out for the Oracle.

Mate it's the bloody media. They would have had the camera on him all night. The shot you saw is when he smiled for a minute.

Look people I'm confused, he's either a meathead or a bonehead, he can't be both. Get over yourselves. He'll be on the field next week belting the opposition and running the ball up hard FOR US. We need him against the Warriors and I for one will cheer him every time he goes forward. It's not tiddlewinks and our meathead/bonehead is our most devastating player. Whether he laughs at a camera or not it's irrelevant. He plays really really well, and I for one want him in our team.

DSM5 said:
Whether he laughs at a camera or not it's irrelevant. He plays really really well, and I for one want him in our team.

You just proved everyone that is sick of his behavior right, WE ALL want him on our team but if he keeps being a "meathead" he will be stood down which would be a huge loss.

DSM5 said:
Look people I'm confused, he's either a meathead or a bonehead, he can't be both. Get over yourselves. He'll be on the field next week belting the opposition and running the ball up hard FOR US. We need him against the Warriors and I for one will cheer him every time he goes forward. It's not tiddlewinks and our meathead/bonehead is our most devastating player. Whether he laughs at a camera or not it's irrelevant. He plays really really well, and I for one want him in our team.

Yeah, he's doing it for you and I DSM5. :idea:
There's more to life than footy too you know, and a person's character is paramount.

Narly said:
Mate it's the bloody media. They would have had the camera on him all night. The shot you saw is when he smiled for a minute.

This. He could have been acting appropriately all night, but that wouldn't have been shown. They got him smiling, and couldn't wait to show that on the screen.

That said, I'm like most here, he needs to wake up. But until the club sacks him, or he leaves, I'll be behind him 100% while he's on the field. And if I ever run into him off the field, I'll..........no, wait, I'll show him respect, as long as I get it in return.

As I suggested I still think it was blown out of proportion and after watching the footage again I'm even more convinced. Choc is clearly interacting with the person on his right who is also laughing. Not sure who it is but they appear to be in Manly attire. To me it appears they were in a conversation and the camera just picked up eye contact with Choc at that exact moment.

As I've mentioned I don't mind people whacking choc with a big stick when he deserves it, but after watching the footage a few times I'm even more convinced he doesn't in this instance.

Cambo said:
I think we need a poll Dan

Who on silvertails hates watmough more
A) Swoop
B) Matas

I think Watmough's a great player when he's in form on the field. I believe his form hasn't been up to what it should be and his off-field drammas are hurting the club. Des and the club stood him down, I suppose they hate him too Cambo? Blind Freddie can see it. If it were his first descretion it wouldbe a non-issue but the guy must be as dumb as dog**** not to have learnt from his previous misdemeanors. I don't agree with Mata on many issues but I agree with him on this one.

Poor choc, noticed that his smile was being replayed on the fox-sports add for one of their shows this week.

I just watched a replay of the game and was interested to see the smile that had people up in arms. What a mountain out of a mole hill - it's up there with a Danny Weidler breaking news story. Such a non event. Choc had a bit of a laugh with a bloke in Manly gear 8 minutes into the game.

I was more concerned about his choice of headwear. What's doing with that stooopid cap ??

Maybe he wouldn't have smiled if he saw that hat!!! Ads I think he must've killed some other posters cat. Yeah he's a bit of a knobhead but surely u can smile 8 minutes into a footy game - it's not like we were down by 13 with 20 to go and he was grinning!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6