If Everyone Was Available

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rocky

Bencher
Who would be your 17 if we were playing this weekend and everyone was fit and available.

We have seen some of the youngsters get extended runs now so who would be our strongest team and at what position?

Here is mine

1. Tom T
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Fainu
10. Paseka
11. Guaca
12. Schuster
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Martin Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Notes

• I cant find room for Sironen, Suli and Parker
  • I think the Marty coming off the bench works
  • I haven't seen much of Lawton but good judges on here rate him so thats enough for me
  • I thought Davey was one of our best before injury so i have to find a spot for him.
  • Walker is a class player at his best so i have to put him there over Parker.
  • Guaca/Shoe/Harper have proven now they should be in our best 17.

I really think the above team could challenge the best.

Who would be your 17 if we were playing this weekend and everyone was fit and available.

We have seen some of the youngsters get extended runs now so who would be our strongest team and at what position?

Here is mine

1. Tom T
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Fainu
10. Paseka
11. Guaca
12. Schuster
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Martin Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Notes

• I haven't seen much of Lawton but good judges on here rate him so thats enough for me
  • I thought Davey was one of our best before injury so i have to find a spot for him.

Re Walker it all depends if he gets rid of his pizza butt
needs to show a lot on the training paddock

Here is mine

1. Tom T
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Fainu
10. Paseka
11. Guaca
12. Schuster
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Martin Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Notes

Perfect!

This year
1. Turbo 2. Saab 3. Walker 4. Harper 5. Garrick 6. Foran 7. DCE 8. Aloiai 9. Fainu 10. Paseka 11. Olakau'atu 12. Schuster 13. Trbojevic
14. Cust/Lawton (undecided - Cust could be used better) 15. Taupau 16. Keppie 17. Davey

Next year: sign Capewell, Isaako.
1. Turbo 2. Saab 3. Walker/Koula 4. Harper 5. Isaako 6. Schuster 7. DCE 8. Aloiai 9. Fainu 10. Paseka 11. Olakau'atu 12. Capewell 13. Trbojevic
14. Lawton/Cust/Foran 15. Taupau 16. Keppie 17. Davey/Lawton

This year
1. Turbo 2. Saab 3. Walker 4. Harper 5. Garrick 6. Foran 7. DCE 8. Aloiai 9. Fainu 10. Paseka 11. Olakau'atu 12. Schuster 13. Trbojevic
14. Cust/Lawton (undecided - Cust could be used better) 15. Taupau 16. Keppie 17. Davey

1. Turbo 2. Saab 3. Walker/Koula 4. Harper 5. Isaako 6. Schuster 7. DCE 8. Aloiai 9. Fainu 10. Paseka 11. Olakau'atu 12. Capewell 13. Trbojevic
Surely sipley gets a mention somewhere

This year

Issako snd Capewell. Yuck

Agreed all around. That looks like our strongest 17. Cust unlucky to miss out. And as much as it pains me to say it Croker is also a tad unlucky.

I'm not sure that Garrick should be in our best 17 (but then I can't find someone who should replace him) - he certainly would struggle to play winger in most teams in the comp. He isn't a powerful metre-eater and has this habit of propping near the line and coming back in from the sideline when presented with try scoring opportunities recently. Pretty sure Jorge would have scored several tries in that situation.

I'm hoping Koula is ready and able to step up to first grade soon. Imagine an even faster(?) winger than Saab on the other side! Having said that, he is small and getting off our line will be an effort for a relatively small backline. Harper, Saab, Koula/Garrick and Walker would not scare anyone in defence nor make the metres required in the modern game.

I'm not sure that Garrick should be in our best 17 (but then I can't find someone who should replace him) - he certainly would struggle to play winger in most teams in the comp. He isn't a powerful metre-eater and has this habit of propping near the line and coming back in from the sideline when presented with try scoring opportunities recently. Pretty sure Jorge would have scored several tries in that situation.

I'm hoping Koula is ready and able to step up to first grade soon. Imagine an even faster(?) winger than Saab on the other side! Having said that, he is small and getting off our line will be an effort for a relatively small backline. Harper, Saab, Koula/Garrick and Walker would not scare anyone in defence nor make the metres required in the modern game.
Some good points there. Agree Garrick probably makes it by default at the moment.

Here is mine

1. Tom T
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Fainu
10. Paseka
11. Guaca
12. Schuster
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Martin Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Notes

Good side minus Davey. Done nothing in the game so can’t see how he gets a spot in our best 17.

Good side minus Davey. Done nothing in the game so can’t see how he gets a spot in our best 17.
Hi Snake - i would be interested who you would have in front of him in our current squad. Sirro or Sipley perhaps? He may not have the pedigree but, as mentioned in the original post I thought was one of our best before he got injured. And he earnt his place in a good Eels pack at the end of last year. The sort of guy who knows his job and is a good compliment to some of the flashier guys in the team.

Hi Snake - i would be interested who you would have in front of him in our current squad. Sirro or Sipley perhaps? He may not have the pedigree but, as mentioned in the original post I thought was one of our best before he got injured. And he earnt his place in a good Eels pack at the end of last year. The sort of guy who knows his job and is a good compliment to some of the flashier guys in the team.
I’d have Parker, Siro, Saddler or Sipley in front of him. Depending on game plans, you might run with an additional big body or a more mobile edge player. I don’t rate Davey personally. But hey, that’s just an opinion! I love your team.

Tom
Saab
Walker
Harper
Garrick
Foran
DCE
Paseka
Fainu
Aloiai
Olakau’atu
Schuster
Jake
Res: Cust, Marty, Keppie, Sipley
Waiting: Siro, Davey, Suli, Parker, Tuipulotu, Saddler, Lawton, Croker, Koula…….

Here is mine

1. Tom T
2. Saab
3. Walker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Fainu
10. Paseka
11. Guaca
12. Schuster
13. Jake

14. Lawton
15. Martin Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Notes

Great Dynamic Manly team @Rocky
A balance of Speed, Skill , Strength and Strike power across the park !

Lets sing feathered friend

All together now ...

We love Manly
Meat pies , Line breaks, Great tries
Kangaroos
and Turbo cars !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11