If Robbo is fullback, we are in trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You certainly did Rodo and we certainly did have chances.  I think that's about the time I gave up and went to bed.  Lyon went inside when if he had of looked left, there was an unmarked guy with a passage to the line.  A score for sure, In front, and something to defend.  It was disappointing to say the least from our best man.  Then again, maybe he did look and there's just no confidence left in the team with one another. 

3 bombed tries

1 - Lyon going inside instead of passing out to Wolfman who had a clear run to the line

2 - Matai dropping the ball when he could have fallen over the line

3 - Gifty trying to step bowen when he probably could have just ran over the top of him

Lyon's one was the worst, luckily that one didn't really cost us thanks to Matai/Bailey

Matai should have hit Bani who would have scored easy

Glenn should back himself more, he has the size and footwork to score that himself

Yep Matai had Bani unmarked and Lyon had Wolfman unmarked and both players had ample to opportunity to get the ball away.

clontaago link said:
Yep Matai had Bani unmarked and Lyon had Wolfman unmarked and both players had ample to opportunity to get the ball away.

Did either of them call for the ball though?

DSM5 link said:
You certainly did Rodo and we certainly did have chances.  I think that's about the time I gave up and went to bed.  Lyon went inside when if he had of looked left, there was an unmarked guy with a passage to the line.  A score for sure, In front, and something to defend.  It was disappointing to say the least from our best man.  Then again, maybe he did look and there's just no confidence left in the team with one another. 

It's never quite the same listening to it on the radio and watching it on the tv.  Hopefully I'll get to watch Friday's game and not miss any of the action...

I will miss Fridays game, unless I can convince all the boys at Oz Tag that Manly are worth watching :)

Dont forget to wish us Fraser Coast boys good luck, We are expecting to get thrashed

Fro link said:
Hes no Brett Stewart, which is no criticism in itself, there is only 1.

The problem lies when th team just runs the \"Brett Stewart\" moves, and Robbo simply can't pull it off the same way, shelve the second man coming in for Orford to pick up, and the Running at the outside shoulder of the right centre, and the centering kick off the outside of the boot for 3 months Des, Robbo doesnt have the burners for it and never will have, and the opposition knows how to cover it.

Time for something new, or old if they go back to basics

Exfarkingzactly. You can see it. I can see it. Half the NRL can see it, but I bet my bottom dollar we'll run the same moves this week and Robbo will get shut down. At least try Wolfman for one or two of the moves, he's not as quick off the mark as Brett but he can break a tackle and takes more stopping than Robbo in general.

I like Robbo, and he is a great winger, can finish with the best of them, but he isn't a NRL standard fullback. If you take away the free metres he gets running the ball back to the defensive line I swear he would end up with a negative return, he gets driven back every time on the kick return. He can't even bend the line, let alone break it. The first tackle on the kick chase is the important one and can lift the defensive side for a big set of six to put pressure on our kick. Robbo getting driven back 5m just about every time, starts our sets off on the wrong foot.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4