If We Can't Beat the Dogs....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well I hope we win, margin/score being a bonus.

Hard to get this team to focus for 60, let alone 80.

They remind me of herding cats with twine.

Whatever you think of the Dogs they will lift hugely this weekend, I don't expect anything different to what we saw against the Tigers.

It's just what happens when teams play us, they might be **** for the month before but as soon as we face them they grow legs.

At best, the very best, a narrow victory!

But I'm expecting worse.

Scared even reading predictions like that. Its probably exactly what some of the younger players are thinking and that leads to the complacent attitude. Thinking the Dogs will be easy beats and it'll be an easy Sunday cruise at the park.... Danger Harry Danger!

The score should be irrelevant. Need to just earn the right to play footy by completing the basics and then the scoreboard will handle itself.
True true, I usually don't approach games so confidently but this dogs side is the worst side I've ever seen, like ever!

No game is an easy game, that's my approach. Although that still doesn't mean that the side can't win big

If we lack intensity in defence and don't get off our line, even the worst attack in the competition will put points on us. An 80 minute, focused performance where the forwards rip in is what's needed to get the season going again. Attack them behind the ruck and tire out their big guys so they give up.

If we lack intensity in defence and don't get off our line, even the worst attack in the competition will put points on us. An 80 minute, focused performance where the forwards rip in is what's needed to get the season going again. Attack them behind the ruck and tire out their big guys so they give up.

We all see it, but can they execute it for 80 minutes ??

That's the $65,000 question.

I'm approaching every game as a danger game with the way this team plays I have that feeling that the dogs might lift same as warriors next week. But If the team starts well against the dogs the dogs might not have the fight in them considering the club wants to offload most of them.
Dont give them a sniff we should win well We gave the tigers a sniff and look what happened there

I'm going off early but let's see how close I go but I reckon Dogs v Manly will see the upset of the round with a Dogs win.

I can just feel it in my bones , they will lift and our confidence is shot.

No one will predict it, we'll be raging favourites BUT they'll all be wrong.

I know I'll get a few dislikes and I'm not saying this because I'm on a Debbie Downer, I'm saying it as I feel the Dogs WILL lift and win easily.

Apart from a lucky 20 minutes v the Rorters our last 4 games we have been VERY poor, and for those reasons we will be beaten.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I was actually really happy with manly's defence in the opening half and final 10 minutes of the game, although what happened in between was devastating to watch, they just thought they'd done enough. Well there's a perfect match for them to look back on whenever in that same position again, showed that any side is capable of beating anyone when that side is not trying hard enough. No match is an easy win although manly should beat the dogs well

I'm going off early but let's see how close I go but I reckon Dogs v Manly will see the upset of the round with a Dogs win.

I can just feel it in my bones , they will lift and our confidence is shot.

No one will predict it, we'll be raging favourites BUT they'll all be wrong.

I know I'll get a few dislikes and I'm not saying this because I'm on a Debbie Downer, I'm saying it as I feel the Dogs WILL lift and win easily.

Apart from a lucky 20 minutes v the Rorters our last 4 games we have been VERY poor, and for those reasons we will be beaten.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Mark you are not the only one worried about Sunday
You just have to look at last years game at ANZ stadium , where tommy turbo in extra time went to stop a kick but missed and Grub scored ,they always seemed to lift when they play us.

I have said this before but i feel we really need a week off, a late season bye to refresh, we just look tired. I just think we don't have much left to give frankly. I so want us to end Des's coaching days at the Dogs but don't feel confident.

Dogs by 4 for me..upset of the round I think upset of the season.

Last edited:
The Dogs are farked. The team dont seem to have the will to win for their coach, as well as having talent deficiencies in various positions.

Manly have had their issues but one thing is different to The Dogs predicament (apart from the fact we have more talent) - they have incentive to play well for the top 8. After the weekends loss, Barrett will have them fired up and they know they must play well, less they want to feel the wrath of the great Bozo punting them.

Everyone knows its not good playing a talented team the week after they lost badly. Just because a team loses doesnt mean that trend will continue...I think it will be Manly by 20 ('ish).

In other news, it appears Fairfax have a new supervising editor who speaks engrish (yes engrish). Check the Brisbane Times thumbnail headline regarding a Dogs article. Crowd? Huh? (cloud!). For example, ''Oh the crowds look beautiful today.'' And lets remember these people are supposed to be very good at grammar in their jobs. O dear

crowd.jpg

Last edited:
Won't be long before they will be using emojes (if that's how they are spelt) instead of headlines.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8