If we make finals...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

happy to come 8th and get bounced out in rd 1 of semis?

• No - getting beaten heavily is unacceptable.

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • No - we aren't building to bigger things like in 05

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Yes - 2 years without semis this is an improvement.

Votes: 42 70.0%

• Total voters
Do you want players thinking " wow this is origin, i best not mess up as this is the biggest stage"during the game or concentrating on what they can control ie their actions

I want players concentrating on what they can control, ie: their actions, in the context of the "biggest stage".

Some of our juniors team was in tears after losing a semi.
It was great to see. The boys cared, and will give them fire and motivation for next season.

Sport thrives on passion, not robots.

Ask Billy Moore from back in the day, or the current QLD SOO team and their streak.

I want players concentrating on what they can control, ie: their actions, in the context of the "biggest stage".

Some of our juniors team was in tears after losing a semi.
It was great to see. The boys cared, and will give them fire and motivation for next season.

Sport thrives on passion, not robots.

Ask Billy Moore from back in the day, or the current QLD SOO team and their streak.
I understand your point and love the emotions shown in your example.
Let's break it down a bit though, DCE needs to kick a penalty goal on the full time hooter of the gf so we can win by a single point. Do you want him thinking about his job at hand and going through the process of kicking a goal or do you want the pressure of thinking about how important the game is and all the pressure that is on the kick?
The best players block out everything and play what they see.

and the really, really good ones suck in all that emotion and pressure, live for the the big occasions and thrive. They don't shut all that external stuff out, they feel it right to their core and lift to the challenge. They are the true greats.

and the really, really good ones suck in all that emotion and pressure, live for the the big occasions and thrive. They don't shut all that external stuff out, they feel it right to their core and lift to the challenge. They are the true greats.
That's what we are told.

At present we are golden pointing a team after they have seven straight losses. And getting owned by bottom 4 sides.

Momentum hasn't come. Turnaround is always next week. Wish it wasn't so ....

I understand your point and love the emotions shown in your example.
Let's break it down a bit though, DCE needs to kick a penalty goal on the full time hooter of the gf so we can win by a single point. Do you want him thinking about his job at hand and going through the process of kicking a goal or do you want the pressure of thinking about how important the game is and all the pressure that is on the kick?

Footballers are not always the brightest ... but I would think sitting in the dressing room at Lang Park with 50,000 screaming fans would give even the slowest of them a reason to call the twinkie that told them this is just another game a dope.

Footballers are not always the brightest ... but I would think sitting in the dressing room at Lang Park with 50,000 screaming fans would give even the slowest of them a reason to call the twinkie that told them this is just another game a dope.
I would bet DCE thinks different. Listen to his interviews for some insight.
The point is to be successful EVEY game is a big game.
I like this quote from John Cook.
When asked how the team was able to execute during critical points in the game, Nebraska Head Coach John Cook stated his team prepared for that moment from the beginning of the season.

COACH COOK: “My whole message tonight was we do four drills pretty much every day in practice and I call them national championship drills. And I told them, I said, just pretend you’re in the drill, because it’s going to happen. And every situation where it was close, the situations those drills that we work on happened and we executed. I said, just trust your training that you’ve been doing for the last three months and we executed really well.”

Why is it that some teams play great all season long but can’t seem to pull out a victory when it matters most?

Most teams fail to win the big game because of expectation and pressure…

You tell yourself, “This is the Championship game; the biggest game of the year.” The pressure builds… You have never played in a more meaningful game…

By the time the game starts, you feel an overwhelming amount of pressure to win…

Throughout the game, you just can’t seem to get into a groove and you play well below expectations.

After the game you wonder, “What happened?”

Well, you changed your mental approach to the game: You tried harder to tried to have the perfect game.

The big game for the championship is the same game as you played all regular season.

Focusing on the event and not the process is the undoing of most sides, the ball has not changed, the field is the same size so why change?

I would bet DCE thinks different. Listen to his interviews for some insight.
The point is to be successful EVEY game is a big game.
I like this quote from John Cook.
When asked how the team was able to execute during critical points in the game, Nebraska Head Coach John Cook stated his team prepared for that moment from the beginning of the season.

COACH COOK: “My whole message tonight was we do four drills pretty much every day in practice and I call them national championship drills. And I told them, I said, just pretend you’re in the drill, because it’s going to happen. And every situation where it was close, the situations those drills that we work on happened and we executed. I said, just trust your training that you’ve been doing for the last three months and we executed really well.”

Why is it that some teams play great all season long but can’t seem to pull out a victory when it matters most?

Most teams fail to win the big game because of expectation and pressure…

You tell yourself, “This is the Championship game; the biggest game of the year.” The pressure builds… You have never played in a more meaningful game…

By the time the game starts, you feel an overwhelming amount of pressure to win…

Throughout the game, you just can’t seem to get into a groove and you play well below expectations.

After the game you wonder, “What happened?”

Well, you changed your mental approach to the game: You tried harder to tried to have the perfect game.

The big game for the championship is the same game as you played all regular season.

Focusing on the event and not the process is the undoing of most sides, the ball has not changed, the field is the same size so why change?

I confess to being a little flippant with my response, and I do understand and respect the point you are making. It is an ideal to have execution unhampered by emotion .. however it is a fine balance in big games between execution, passion and intensity.

I confess to being a little flippant with my response, and I do understand and respect the point you are making. It is an ideal to have execution unhampered by emotion .. however it is a fine balance in big games between execution, passion and intensity.
A'la ben hunt.

Balanced against the many that rose to the big occasion and played blinders.

PS Your example of Ben Hunt assumes he wasn't told it is just another game.
I would say that he WAS thinking about a lot of things other than what got him to be 5 mins from gf victory, or indeed getting to full time and BECAUSE he was not going through the correct thought process lost the game.

At present we are golden pointing a team after they have seven straight losses. And getting owned by bottom 4 sides.

Momentum hasn't come. Turnaround is always next week. Wish it wasn't so ....

and a top 2 beating team

I would say that he WAS thinking about a lot of things other than what got him to be 5 mins from gf victory, or indeed getting to full time and BECAUSE he was not going through the correct thought process lost the game.

So ... what is the reason when he drops the ball in a normal game?

So when the Rorters , Gummies and Manly all finish with home finals at Allianz next weekend let's try and guess which side will be forced to go play at ANZ and probably against the Dragons ??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11