If you could pick one player to strengthen the team . . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
Not sure why you, considering the scenario (choose one player to strengthen the team) you would go for
a. An unproven kid (loussi)
b. A green first grader (James or Sims)

Someone like a Scott / Smith who could slot straight into first grade and add value is a no brainer

Now if this was a thread about picking on potential....

Heres the reason as stated previously - the unproven Loussi would not break cap restraints whereas the players you selected we would have to release players who have come through the Seaeagles ranks & will be future stars - what - we let them go & buy them back when they become STARS. Happy with the squad we have & sticking to the salary cap.

MK i think the presumption in this thread was that it wasnt a realistic scenario, as in there were no cap restrictions or the like to take into account.

was for me anyway, if you approached it from the other angle you could be on the money.

Fro said:
MK i think the presumption in this thread was that it wasnt a realistic scenario, as in there were no cap restrictions or the like to take into account.

was for me anyway, if you approached it from the other angle you could be on the money.

Your right there Fro because i must confess if i was on Rugby league live on my PS3 i would certainly add a few names:p

Just been many calls in recent times for more signings & personally , i just hope we protect what we got - but point taken on this thread.

The Gronk said:
I'd pick the world's strongest man. I'd say he would strengthen the team.
Ronnie Coleman!

What about this Front rower who plays in the front row for group 19 in the 2011 CRL cahmpionships. He's huge!

Attachments

• 253777_227927553899452_106986895993519_930068_4962125_n.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 15
Yep we could do with another whipping boy, T-Rex is getting boring.

12 or 13 (I'm not sure about Tim Robinson) of the 17 players Manly have named this week have never played first grade at another club. Add Watmough And Hoppa to that list and it shows what a great job Des and Crusher are doing at finding talent early.

Scott or Dave Taylor, Tariq Simms, any one ho gets over the advantage line even Kennedy from the Rooters goes well on his day.
Whats Marty Bella doing these days?

Hoppa to stay would help... :(

MK Eagle said:
eagles2win said:
Lousi - like a more atheltic version of Ali Lautiti
Tariq Sims - would suit Manly's style of play
Ryan James - see T.Sims
Glad someone else has seen Loussi - giant with ALL the skills & from Toyota cup making a cheaper purchase. Yes unproven in top grade but to those who get the chance watch the next NZ Toy Cup game - a freak. Imo we have the nucleus in own backyard who will become the players we would want to chase in future years.

Said to my old man watch him he's good a few weeks ago walked out the room to grab a beer and do something else and in that time he scored a double and set up two tries.

eagles2win said:
MK Eagle said:
eagles2win said:
Lousi - like a more atheltic version of Ali Lautiti
Tariq Sims - would suit Manly's style of play
Ryan James - see T.Sims
Glad someone else has seen Loussi - giant with ALL the skills & from Toyota cup making a cheaper purchase. Yes unproven in top grade but to those who get the chance watch the next NZ Toy Cup game - a freak. Imo we have the nucleus in own backyard who will become the players we would want to chase in future years.

Said to my old man watch him he's good a few weeks ago walked out the room to grab a beer and do something else and in that time he scored a double and set up two tries.

Would be awesome if he turned out to be as good as what Dallas Rennie was.

bones said:
eagles2win said:
MK Eagle said:

Would be awesome if he turned out to be as good as what Dallas Rennie was.

Haha Rennie - glad he done the houdini. Recommend anyone who gets the chance to check this Loussi freak out - if not during season will see him in the Toyota Cup GF.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6