"If You Won All The Time It'd Be Boring...."

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

The Quirkster

The People's Champion
My mate said this to me. He said I'd get bored of Manly always winning.

No I bloody wouldn't. What a stupid thing to say.

"You don't always want to win."

Yes, yes, I'm quite sure I do. I'm absolutely certain of it. My life span would increase dramatically, as would my quality of life.

I almost punched the bugger. He's a diehard Steelers fan, so he goes for the Dragons.

He's off his chops. I think we could do better than 40-0, 61-0, and 70-7, even 91-6, in every match.

He's a deadset goose.

Go Manly!

Winning all the time would be wonderful, the hate would intensify and our joy at absorbing it would just be priceless!!

Oh how I yearn for the days when we ( for example ) would go up to Townsville knowing we'd win, and better still knowing that Suncorp was " our house".

They'll come again, they always do, we just have to be patient!

What is the meaning of life?
Who am I?
Am I living in a matrix?

Forget all those easy questions, the scenario raised by @The Quirkster presents the greatest dilemma and conundrum of all for serious followers of a sporting team.

I agree we'd get bored with winning every game, but I only say that because we don't and have never and probably never could win every game.

Sometimes I find the matches excruciating to watch, but at least there is satisfaction relief and contentment when we win. This year we really need to win a lot more.

One of my favourite parts of the series in 2008 leading up to 40-0 Storm whipping - was how Manly were destroying opposition with ease....
It was EEEEEZY wins and I loved it cheering on more points...
Get this - over the 3 games combined
Manly - 110
St G/NZ/Storm - 12
Not a stats man, but believe this was a True reflection of that series.

My mate said this to me. He said I'd get bored of Manly always winning.

No I bloody wouldn't. What a stupid thing to say.

"You don't always want to win."

Yes, yes, I'm quite sure I do. I'm absolutely certain of it. My life span would increase dramatically, as would my quality of life.

I almost punched the bugger. He's a diehard Steelers fan, so he goes for the Dragons.

He's off his chops. I think we could do better than 40-0, 61-0, and 70-7, even 91-6, in every match.

He's a deadset goose.

Go Manly!

I was quite concerned and even a bit horrified when I saw the thread title but felt much better after reading your post @TheQuirkster. Loved it, well said.

'Bored of Manly always winning'......what kind of a statement is that from your poor St Merge mate. Was he dropped on his head at birth? Or maybe had a brain transplant with an egg plant. (Just jokes on your friend btw :D ;).)

When it comes to the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles, I can definitely say that I expect us to win each and every game. Loosing in my mind is not an option and really just unacceptable, thank you very much.

By the way, my partner, mum, dad, brothers, extended family, work colleagues and best mates would all concur that Manly winning all the time would just be the best thing ever and definitely Not boring.

The world really is wonderful.............when we are winning......!!!! :p

I actually enjoy the rise from poor seasons and the sense that the Sea Eagles are on the way to the top again. I like the swings

This thread has really made me think objectively about where we are now, and what we have just had over the past generation. We have been very lucky haven't we. What a period of prosperity. Started with BK, then that gem of a back row with Watmough and Glenn Stewart being fast, hard and creative. Hoping we can get some of these new guys being creative and firing up soon!

back in the fulton, eadie and randall heyday I was betting an airforce co worker double or nothing packs of cigarettes,in the end he couldn't afford to pay up so I let him off,penrith supporter but a good mate.
manly always won.
that was the year they got the riff 73-3 or something at penrith

Maybe he is right it would be boring if we won every game.
BUT not as boring as losing games and not winning the comp.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8