iiIIIIIITTTTT'S TIIIIME ! 2015 YART

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cheers, wasn't aware of that. Hopefully he gets to start the year fully mended and back to his best.

One thing I CAN say, is I work with one of The Sea Eagles cheerleaders, and she was speaking to Tooves on Australia Day - AT TRAINING. Tooves is really working the guys hard, and preparing for a massive tilt.

I have never been a big fan of him, but what I have to say, is that he is amping the energy and work ethic right up.

My Yart

1. no-one
  2. no-one
  3. no-one
  4. no-one
  5. no-one
  6. no-one
  7. no-one
  8. no-one
  9. no-one
  10. no-one
  11. no-one
  12. no-one
  13. no-one
  14. no-one
  15. no-one
  16. no-one
  17. no-one
The club is crisis, we will have no-one left..... apparently

A Grade Reserves

1. B Stewart 1. C Gutherson T Trebojevic
2. P Hiku 2. D Williams D Berryman
3. S Matai 3. J taufua
4. J Lyon 4. T Satini
5. C Blair 5. B. Williame
6. K Foran 6. J. Littlejohn
7. D. Cherry-Evans 7. M. Rudolph
8. B. Lawrence 8. J Burgess
9. M Ballin 9. J Hodges
10. J Starling 10.T Andrews
11. J Horo 11. J Sene-Lefao
12. F Mateo 12. B Leary
13 J Buhrer 13. M Chee Kam

14. W Mason 14. J Hasson SR D Kelly
15. S Vave 15. J Trebojevic SR/LK L Knight
16. T Symonds 16. L Sao J Latham
17. D Lui 17. U Baker

I found it much harder to leave JSL out of the top 17 then to have Burgess start back in reserves. He's a late transfer he can have a bit of practice at our plays before he really puts some heat on Vaves. Now we have the front row sorted. I say centre is our weakest possible spot if our big two get injuries. Don't like Blair as a centre he's too good on the wing. Hiku's an option with any position on the field. But I would love 2v to try Jorge there. He will have teething problems in defence in the twos, but wow he could be even better then Hurrell in attack.

Chee Kam has been really hampered by injuries past few seasons hasnt he? Wasnt he touted as one of the up and coming stars a few years back in NRL circles? Really looking forward to seeing him play first grade.

I hope Leary and Chee Kam are both in the 17.
Vave won't see first grade all year IMO.

I hope you are right on Vave. He is our 5th or 6th ranked prop and if he spend the year in reserves it means that we have had a good year injury wise.

Compare that to last year where we finished 2nd in the qualifying rounds and Hasson played more than 50%, Vave is ahead of Hasson so we would be in a great position.

My Yart

1. no-one
  2. no-one
  3. no-one
  4. no-one
  5. no-one
  6. no-one
  7. no-one
  8. no-one
  9. no-one
  10. no-one
  11. no-one
  12. no-one
  13. no-one
  14. no-one
  15. no-one
  16. no-one
  17. no-one
The club is crisis, we will have no-one left..... apparently

Good team Dan. Certainly a lot less handling errors in that side than when we had Choc!

I hope you are right on Vave. He is our 5th or 6th ranked prop and if he spend the year in reserves it means that we have had a good year injury wise.

Compare that to last year where we finished 2nd in the qualifying rounds and Hasson played more than 50%, Vave is ahead of Hasson so we would be in a great position.

I think Vave is the 2015 version of Lauaki, everyone thinks big means good. Wow this guy is big, he has to be in the top 17. He wasn't a standout at Cronulla, but hopefully he has something to offer. Time will tell, we could certainly do with a bit of grunt up front to replace what we've lost over the last 2 years.

I think Vave is the 2015 version of Lauaki, everyone thinks big means good. Wow this guy is big, he has to be in the top 17. He wasn't a standout at Cronulla, but hopefully he has something to offer. Time will tell, we could certainly do with a bit of grunt up front to replace what we've lost over the last 2 years.
After getting monstered in the forwards by other bigger packs last season I think we all want someone with size and grunt this season . I don't think Lauaki and Vave is a fair comparison as Laulaki failed to play any nrl games with us last season and Vave played 15 nrl games with the Sharks in an injury riddled season
I have seen both play Lauaki in NSW cup and Vave in the nrl and from what I have seen a fit Vave will add to our top 17

Last edited:
At least Vave played a fair bit of NRL last year so he is in a better starting position.

Time will tell

After getting monstered in the forwards by other bigger packs last season I think we all want someone with size and grunt this season . I don't think Lauaki and Vave is a fair comparison as Laulaki failed to play any nrl games with us last season and Vave played 15 nrl games with the Sharks in an injury riddled season
I have seen both play Lauaki in NSW cup and Vave in the nrl and from what I have seen a fit Vave will add to our top 17

This monstered thing I find strange, our injured pack was monstered but out fit pack beat souths and the dogs so its all a bit of political speak as we weren't monstored in the first half of the season.

This monstered thing I find strange, our injured pack was monstered but out fit pack beat souths and the dogs so its all a bit of political speak as we weren't monstored in the first half of the season.
The full season is made out of 2 halves and not one. Monsters (forwards ) also win the big final matches that count . So I don't find it strange at all how Souths monstered their way in to the Grand final

As you say the full season takes in the 2 halves, including the first where we didn't get monstered.

Any pack missing 5 players gets monstered.

With all the hailed recruitment done this year we will be in the same position come finals time if we are missing 5 players in the forwards. Take out Ballin, Buhrer, Mason Mateo and Symonds from this years pack and see how we go.

As you say the full season takes in the 2 halves, including the first where we didn't get monstered.

Any pack missing 5 players gets monstered.

With all the hailed recruitment done this year we will be in the same position come finals time if we are missing 5 players in the forwards. Take out Ballin, Buhrer, Mason Mateo and Symonds from this years pack and see how we go.
Round 5 V tigers when we got monstered with a full squad ie : starling , ballin , Lawerence ,choc . horo . beuhrer, Bench , lui , king, jsl, symmonds ,
Score 34 - 18 . Our supreme backs were given no platform to stretch their wings by our forwards as they scored a couple of consolations tries towards the end of the match . Check out the metres gained last season by opposition packs as compared to ours and you will see that we were at the bottom of the list . Any person with knowledge of the game will understand that our weakness last year was our forwards . 2v must be congratulated for getting the most out of forwards like KIng who was at the twilight of his career and past his best . Rookies in their first full nrl season like Starling and JSL unwanted players that other clubs cut like horo , symmonds and lui and lawerence . The only Three Established nrl forwards were Choc , Ballin and Beuhrer . Our backs are a different story . We have the best in the business

Last edited:
^ I choose not to remember that game..
I was at Leichhardt oval that day and saw our pack exposed to a pumped up monster tigers pack with the likes of Woods 194cm 109kg , Martin Taupau 190cm 111kg who tore us apart . The score at half time was 26 to 6 .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7