I'm gonna say it.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the loser of our game is in a lot of trouble.
I wanted to come 5th. The Cows will have a training run against the Donkeys and then get to play a physically bashed and bruised team that just went through all that for a loss. There's two easy games in a row and you're in a GF qualifier.
I don't think the venue matters that much to the players.

It's a much better system, just look at the games. The cowboys are the only team you say are outright favourites and it feels like a must win game.

barrack o barba said:
Mals said:
The Eagle said:
Manly play home finals at the SFS,not Homeless Stadium

There is no way the NRL would have played this game at the SFS. Dogberg would have seen to that with cries of "you will be locking out fans." Hope I am wrong but I don't think we'll see a crowd of 45,000+ getting there tonight.

..... Dogberg

If that's how you spell it then how do you pronounce the dots?

Duff said:

If we lose tonight we play the Cowboys or the Broncos at the SFS for a chance to then play in a Grand Final qualifier.. That is easy enough.

Ask me in a month, but I believe its a much fairer system.

Duff said:
I wanted to come 5th. The Cows will have a training run against the Donkeys and then get to play a physically bashed and bruised team that just went through all that for a loss. There's two easy games in a row and you're in a GF qualifier.
I don't think the venue matters that much to the players.

Big advantage for 5th team.

north coast eagle said:
Stevo is dead right - this system means that we are little hope of recovering from the first game because of injuries, suspensions.

It's not just us. Souffs are in the same boat. Count me as against this new finals format. The reward to the losing teams in the top 4 is that they get busted from a much much tougher game and then come up against a team with nothing to lose and momentum in their favour. At least souffs will get a home game, Manly on the other hand will be the ONLY team in the top 6 who didn't get a home final.

I predict an emerging trend of losing top 4 teams going out in straight sets because of this. The AFL isn't as brutal a game, that's why they haven't struck this problem.

I'd have preferred to have kept the old system but changed it so that teams 5-8 couldn't have had a home final regardless of how far they went.

This system worked so well in the AFL as it is not such a physical game. They are morons at the NRL.

Every system has its pros and cons

5-8 have to win 4 games to win the comp, 1-4 have to win 3, that seems fair enough to me

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2