I'm not convinved

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan link said:
Its no good being convinced in the middle of July.

Remember 2008 the Roosters flogged us 34-12 in July round 20

and then

The Bunnies put 40 on us in round 23 in late August.  I remember the MWSE forum after that game being a riot everyone saying they hope we didnt make it to far in the finals because we would be smashed against the better sides.

Then we won 6 staight to claim the title, July and August form means nothing. We just need to keep around 3rd or 4th spot and if its going to happen and we are good enough it will.

The difference then was that we were at the top of the table. The problem we have now is we need wins now.

SER8, there have been bigger leads at halftime, I remember watching a game in the early 2000s, Newcastle traveled up to Townsville and were up something like 42 or 48-0 at ht, Johns was on fire, think they only hit 60 though at fulltime

GJ, we got 1 of those wins you are speaking of last night

I do find it amazing, that after reading a couple of weeks of "The club is in crisis" "Des can't coach" "The players are useless" "We won't win another game this season" "Everyone must be sacked" etc that people won't take a 30 point win away from home as acceptable

big improvement in attack that 1st half .. i think thats the most points we have scored in any game this yr .. lets hope its the start  of something new..

I don't know about the dropped off in the second half business, really the only difference for mine was that points were harder to come by. Manly were camped at the Cronulla end of the field for the first 25 minutes of the second half, the only times that they were at our end were when they scored both tries.

Truth is that when you are ahead by 38 the mindset changes, and frankly I don't really have too big a problem with that. All we did was go from attacking football in the first to dragons style possession football in the second. I think this is represented by the Lyon comment in the interview that the aim of the team in the second half was to not concede points. Always going to be a challenge given the way the refs even out games with penalties to the loosing team these days.

Last thing I am going to even think about is coming on here and bagging a team that puts 48 on in one night. And frankly in a game that I think many of us were secretly crossing fingers about and just hoping we would scrape by.

This is the first morning for a long while that I can wake up, see good headlines about the boys and head to work without receiving a bollocking from all the bitter old norths fans so I for one am more then happy.

Well done to all the boys, especially Choc who showed his ability in huge quantity last night. It looked to me like there was a bit of pride in the maroon and white again last night, a very pleasing sign.

There is still plenty of work to be done, but the boys were very good in the first half.  I think it was just what the boys needed, a big win to boost their confidence.

Andy 1972
Manly Forever.

i agree with fulton im not convinced YET i said we would stay on 22 points last week if we dont wake up and we will if we dont play for eighty minutes next week will tell the story against tigers dont forget the first round we led by 20 or so and got ran down....hodko is a waste of time i say bring on DCE see his play on the other post he has got it all,hes quick and good thinker he is better than hodko in attack mayge not defence but hes attack will mack up for that...

Kiwi, My observation on last nights performance is that Perry, Rose and Hodko need a cracker.  Even with the win, they played sloppy football.  That win will bring on some form and confidence and I think we can beat the Tigers and progress from there.     

I thought Rose went ok mate, 123m from 15 runs for a bench prop is good for me. Agree with the other 2 though, even though stats had Perry 99m from 11 runs I didn't see them

I heard desi on the ABC and he was happy with the first half and the result but was again disappointment with the 2nd half.

Tigers is a big test next week. We need to be fully on our game and give it to them in the forwards. Put it over them in the 1st half and come home strong in the 2nd then I think we can make a difference in this premiership. Actually I have a very good feeling about us at the moment dont know why but maybe the stars are aligning. Panthers are struggling, Saints will choke, Tigers is the test next week. Titans struggling, Broncos too young we can take them, Souths gooonne Roosters joke, Warriors a danger.

The Tigers game is a real test to see where we are. Hopefully last nights game will give the boys a lift and push them to play to their potential.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184135.msg276244#msg276244 date=1279376228]
Improvement is all we can ask for, and we got that in bucket loads tonight.

Agree 100% Ryan.
[/quote]

100% Ditto

I'm not too convinced either. Cronulla were aw full on the night no defence no motivation and missing big players. Our tries were lucky and the sharks gave away stupid penalties missed touch kicked out on the full etc. It was an illusion. a good team will tear us apart the way we are playing. Also it was the Jamie Lyon show without him we wont win another game. we need a halfback which the team team can play around next year or we've learned nothing. Also the team showed no maturity the for and against is gonna play a big role come September and we slackened off instead of putting them away shows no brains or we truly have a second half problem.

But im still happy with the 2 points

Yeah I thought Rose was good but agree with Perry and Hodko. With Hodko we were dominating but he still did very little.

Geez Terry, all your rant is way too harsh.  We were punished by Maxwell for just being there imo.  And two of their tries were just luck.  The first the bounce off the post and the second the guy was short and Maxwell gave it.  I agree we still aren't up to our best but we're improving.  Against the Tigers; Perry is slow and awful and George is slow and reasonable, and so the middle will have to be alert for Farrah and Marshall zipping through the the ruck.  Ballin will have to be sharp.  I've got a good feeling as the Tigers haven't been world beaters and Souths put 50 on them a month or so ago.  We can do the same.  Bluetongue has been a good place for us lately and so all's good.  If the stars align again we can be in the top four.   

I'll take the win but I don't think we played all that well. The Sharks first half was one of the worst performances I have ever seen by any team. They just didn't want to aim up. I don't think we played any better than we have been in recent weeks.

Kite had a great game and Rose is certainly getting better as his fitness improves. I also though Foran and Lyon were solid. Strangely enough I didn't think Watmough was all that impressive. He seemed to be in the right place at the right time!

Next week will give a better indication of our form. I'll let you know after we have played the Tigers how I think we are travelling. Although I agree with Kiwi Eagle, premierships aren't won in July. However, we don't have the luxury of a top 4 spot to be playing too poorly.

It's going to be a tough run into the finals, we have two monday night football games, and a ton of good teams to face. We really need to get a good streak going.

I'm not convinced either because it was against Cronulla and they've stunk up the NRL since round 1. But I'd rather flog them like we should than battle it out with them. It was a flogging and over by halftime so I'm not reading anything into it apart from we're going ok and if we can beat or match it with the Tigers we're still a chance this year.

I didn't see the game either so that probably doesn't help, but from what I've seen of Hodkinson he doesn't have a great passing game. I do like his kicking though and if we're winning I don't see why he should be replaced. We did the right thing not matching the Dogs offer though, it was well over the odds for such a young guy.

Cletus link said:
I'm not convinced either because it was against Cronulla and they've stunk up the NRL since round 1.....
I didn't see the game either so that probably doesn't help....

Good grief......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6