Important development re Brookvale Oval - PLEASE READ & Pass on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Important development re Brookvale Oval - PLEASE READ & Pass on

I know, but why does it have to be to undermine the football club?

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=181768.msg242610#msg242610 date=1253342206]
Are there plans afoot to involve fans who live far from the shire, to voice opinion to Council or assist the club on this matter ?

Jatz, I've had a fair few people from out of town contacting myself, Aaron and even the owners looking at how they can help but unfortunately at present as it is a local council issue then there's not a lot non-rate payers can do effectively (apart from let any friends who are Manly fans they may have who live in Warringah but not read forums know about it?)

[/quote]

Vid, please keep us updated on the proceedings. If I were a rate payer would be more than happy to provide my voice on the night.

I guess being a Football and Leagues club member wouldn't be grounds to participating on the night.

If there is anything we can do as outsiders to keep the pressure on please do advise.

just a question vid, i notice in your post you use the term rate payers as the ones who can put preasure on.
surely all residents who can vote in warringah can put preasure on????

I know  GCCC allow all residents to vote for their councilors and mayor, is that the same in warringah because although im not a rate payer yet i will change my address on the electrcal role quick smart

sorry for my ignorance but hey im still a newbie down here.
as for tuesday im werkin on the cc if i can get back in time i will be there

if you live in the council area you generally pay rates, if only indirectly is what Vid means im pretty sure.

So yes you can voice your opinion as a local resident. Most councils just require a name and address (from the area) before speaking in writing to the GM.

Thanks Fluffy,
If anyone wants to make a point at the meeting tomorrow - see here for details

http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/council_then/meetings_council.aspx

(you need to click on "Guidelines for Requests to Address Council and the Public Forum" for how to do it)

Note you will need to have your question/point submitted by 3.00pm today for it to be included at tomorrows meeting

I know there are a few of you planning to attend so will see you there...

And of course we will all be on our best behaviour?

If you can't make it you can watch on web cam

click here http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/council_then/meetings.aspx

and then scroll to the bottom of the page for details?

Maybe contacting the Media to get involved may help bring this Bitch to heel

Are you allowed out to vote Cliffy? 

You're right Cliffy.  I have been subtly baiting your good self.  Now don't tell me you don't like the attention.

Just a tip DSM, subtlety does not work on Cliffy, he needs it simplified to produce a response

shut up dickheads
the motion was voted against 5 votes to 4

The fact the motion even got 4 votes for it is an example of how stupid the council is.

thank **** for that, Hopefully Kristina goes and curls up somewhere and dies

The fact it got 4 votes shows how very close to the line we are

She ought to be held accountable for putting up such patent nonsense.  The motion literally asked for the impossible. 

"Interesting night" at the council meeting.
The motion as has been reported was not accepted.
The 4 councillors who voted for the motion had best (albeit misguided and ill informed) intentions and were simply looking after the ratepayers (as is their brief) rather than (at their admission) looking to see the Sea Eagles leaving Brookvale Oval.
We now of course need to work with these people to better educate them so that they see the economic and social benefits of a first class stadium for the community.

Hat is something I will be happy to support and have open discussion about on this site vidmar

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
thank F**k for that, Hopefully Kristina goes and curls up somewhere and dies

Easy done give her a free lunch at the club's bistro.

Dan link said:
Hat is something I will be happy to support and have open discussion about on this site vidmar

Thanks Dan... I'll see if I can get you one of the limited edition "40-0" 2008 members caps that were worn in by those at the semi in Melbourne (Your ref "Hats"?)

Meanwhile, re the council meeting...will be in touch, thanks as always for the support mate

Vidmar

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8