Is Blake Green good enough for SOO?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I believe he is. He's calm, measured and reads the game particularly well. Takes the heat off the halfback and his defence is solid. Great kicking game as well. Couldn't be any worse than some 5/8th we've tried. Having said that he's probably a Queenslander.

Given that both Josh Reynolds and Matthew Johns have played Origin for NSW in the same position, I would say the answer is emphatically yes. But it's not exactly a high bar…

I believe he is. He's calm, measured and reads the game particularly well. Takes the heat off the halfback and his defence is solid. Great kicking game as well. Couldn't be any worse than some 5/8th we've tried. Having said that he's probably a Queenslander.
He's a blue, unless Vietnamatta is in QLD.
Playing junior rugby league for Cabramatta Two Blues & Hills District Bulls. Blake was attending Westfields Sports High School from where he played for and captained the Australian Schoolboys team in 2004.

He does appear to have the ideal composure for SOO, and you sense that NSW would benefit greatly from that... however, the solid defence part I don't agree with. This would be the biggest concern having him in the SOO team. If NSW went that way, they would want to make sure he is surrounded and protected by the right defenders to help out.

Fittler will never do it. Besides, I think they see him as too old to be an Origin rookie.

Cleary is out with a knee injury so it will be interesting to see who they pick to partner Maloney. The name I keep hearing is Mitchell Moses......

It'll be Maloney and whoever is in the best form. Cleary was a near certainty before his injury. Green is in with a shot if nobody stands up. Unfortunately I think Pearce will Steven Bradbury his way in to the 7 for yet another year.

Unfortunately I fear Pearce will get the 1st game to partner Maloney, but if they lose Fittler will chuck Nathan in there assuming he's recovered from injury. I really hope that if NSW win the first game that Fittler doesn't get the wrong idea and keep Pearce for the second game.. Nathan and Tommy need time to gel!

Maloney has been in 3 GFs with different clubs, there is no coincidence.

Just need to pick players in form for once and not 10 fullbacks

Not likely.
We have had 4-5 fullbacks in that squad for years.
It will not change this year.
Teddy, Tommy, Jayne, Morris, etc.
Freddy is all talk, but I suspect, very little substance.

Not likely.
We have had 4-5 fullbacks in that squad for years.
It will not change this year.
Teddy, Tommy, Jayne, Morris, etc.
Freddy is all talk, but I suspect, very little substance.

You missed Dugan but Morris is not a fullback and yes i agree.

I would only have Teddy and TT at this stage.

Jayne is out of form so will get picked for 2 reason we shouldn't so absolute certainty.

No, don't be silly.

We just need DCE to backflip on the banana benders then he can play for nsw "fifita style!"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8