Is Brandy the biggest knob ever ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nah he's no where near the biggest knob ever. Disagree about the obstruction but should he seriously change his position on every call to support Manly because his son plays Jr's here? Don't need to get so spun up about that the talking heads say on the tv. Gould said it was a try, so is he pro Manly now lol?

I remember Brandy saying he feels he’s got an affiliation with the club because he lives in the area. Does he still live there?

I don’t know what happened his commentary was always pro Manly and I loved it when he was on but lately he’s been against us.

Something must have happened between him and the club.

I remember Brandy saying he feels he’s got an affiliation with the club because he lives in the area. Does he still live there?

I don’t know what happened his commentary was always pro Manly and I loved it when he was on but lately he’s been against us.

Na he’s under a performance management plan at Fox. Caught out being too pro manly, so he’s on his final warning, hence the anti manly sentiment.

I find Brandy quite fair and balanced. Just because he disagrees with a few posters on here doesn’t make him anti-Manly.
And strictly according to the letter of the law it was an obstruction. Jake stayed in the line and denied the Eel the chance to lunge and miss Turbo by two metres. But he played the rule and got away with it.
Remember when the bunker had discretion to make a call that, in their opinion, the defender would not have got to ball carrier? There was controversy after controversy. Every week, if not every game. This one would have went in our favour, but next week we’d all be screaming when a borderline case went against us.

I know he lived in Collaroy basin a few years back. 2 streets away from Matty John’s

Over the years Brandy has been very fair to Manly. Whether we like it or not the farce no try comes down to the stupid black and white interpretation. According to the letter of the rule its a no try.

Yes it was a crucial decision, did it cost us a win? Potentially. What you cannot ignore is a 14-0 lead was squandered by the team!

I think he was happily baiting Ennis. Can you imagine if Ennis wasn’t a consultant at Manly he would’ve been sinking the slipper in as well. Look at Ennis when Braith tried to move the convo on. Ennis looked like a 10 year old kid who had spilt his lollies. Brandy looked like he was hanging out for an adbreak so he could continue baiting Ennis.

Jake should have kept moving his tired legs through the line, and it would have been a try

When you look at the replay ... Moretti had already moved away from Jake and had turned to the ref with his arms outstretched before Turbo even got the ball. He had every opportunity to at least try to get to Turbo running through, and he made no attempt at all, instead just calling for a penalty.

And for that he and Parramatta were rewarded by the bunker.

I get Jake as a veteran player should know better than to stop in the defensive line. Sorry but even 70+ minutes worth of fatigue doesn't suddenly make you a dumb footballer. But the issue I personally have is that the bunker never uses common sense. They apply the letter of the law black and white. How often, and not just us but pretty much every game every weekend, do we see try's denied because of an obstruction where the "obstructed player" is 5+ metres away and would need a rocket up their butt to get anywhere near the play.

I would love to see a head on shot of the incident from Sunday because personally I think that even though I think Moretti had time to at least attempt to get to Tom, he was too far away to have had any actual impact on the play. And this is where they need to start using common sense. Moretti was literally calling for a penalty before Tom even got the ball. As Corey Parker said on Fox, he had given up on the play. Yet because of how the bunker adjudicates the obstruction rule, he got rewarded for it.

Edit: There is actually footage floating around from the popular side of the stadium that shows Turbo's last pass to Koula was actually 100% legal and not forward as the main TV cameras sort of indicated. So if the obstruction was given because the bunker couldn't get us on a forward pass ... we got screwed either way because it wasn't actually forward and there is proof.

Last edited:
When you look at the replay ... Moretti had already moved away from Jake and had turned to the ref with his arms outstretched before Turbo even got the ball. He had every opportunity to at least try to get to Turbo running through, and he made no attempt at all, instead just calling for a penalty.

I get Jake as a veteran player should know better than to stop in the defensive line. Sorry but even 70+ minutes worth of fatigue doesn't suddenly make you a dumb footballer. But the issue I personally have is that the bunker never uses common sense. They apply the letter of the law black and white. How often, and not just us but pretty much every game every weekend, do we see try's denied because of an obstruction where the "obstructed player" is 5+ metres away and would need a rocket up their butt to get anywhere near the play.

I would love to see a head on shot of the incident from Sunday because personally I think that even though I think Moretti had time to at least attempt to get to Tom, he was too far away to have had any actual impact on the play. And this is where they need to start using common sense. Moretti was literally calling for a penalty before Tom even got the ball. As Corey Parker said on Fox, he had given up on the play. Yet because of how the bunker adjudicates the obstruction rule, he got rewarded for it.
I agree but if you give the d*ckheads an opportunity to penalize us, they will, so all I'm saying is if Jake had kept moving they would not have had that opportunity.

I will never drink another Moretti Birra again!

OK, just kid kidding.

I’m all for a black and white interpretation but I actually don’t think Jake stopped ‘in the line’. I think he stopped before the line and the Eels player casually jogged next to him and almost used Jake’s shoulder as a place to rest, because he had given up on the play.
Jake probably knows he's open season on this tactic, wish he'd just run thro the line for a few metres more, but he always looks so buggerd.

Brandy is ok , and on this occasion ( for the letter of the law) he was right.

We can argue till the cows come home , the Parramatta player knew exactly what he was doing and milked it for all it’s worth , and as it turns out stopping that try won the game from them.

Boot on the other foot , we’d be applauding our player for doing the same thing.

I think he’s a pretty fair commentator, Voss on the other hand or worse the bias of people like Cronk / Blocker / Ennis

It annoys the crap out of me , commentators should be told to not favour either team, but it’s clear they do.
I dunno, I picked up on Brandy death-riding Manly last year… just always seems to be on the side of the argument that does not favour us…

Blocker adds no value to commentary and Cronk is annoying but inciteful (kinda like Gould)… Ennis used to annoy me but seems to be less grating these days…

I guess we all take different things out of their personalities but Brandy is currently annoying the sh*t outta me…

I dunno, I picked up on Brandy death-riding Manly last year… just always seems to be on the side of the argument that does not favour us…

Blocker adds no value to commentary and Cronk is annoying but inciteful (kinda like Gould)… Ennis used to annoy me but seems to be less grating these days…

I guess we all take different things out of their personalities but Brandy is currently annoying the sh*t outta me…
Blocker's done well to last as long as he has, zero tactical knowledge of the game, basically just a clown act expecting people to laugh at his lame jokes. My one advice to him, if it's at all possible, but don't think it is....can you please turn down the volume!!

I agree but if you give the d*ckheads an opportunity to penalize us, they will, so all I'm saying is if Jake had kept moving they would not have had that opportunity.

100% on that. Jake is in the veteran class these days. Sunday was his 203rd first grade game. He of all people should know better than to stop in the defensive line.

Sadly its not the first time Jake or any of his team mates have been penalised for that. You'd think NRL players would learn when try after try after try is denied by the bunker because a dummy runner stopped in the defensive line rather than continuing to run through like they should know to......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8