Is gallop doing a good job

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nice rewrite of history bazeagle. Here in contrast is what I've seen:

The game WAS going great under Arko & Quayle. Tina Turner and all. The crowds were going through the roof, year after year, record after record. It dominated TV sport, watched by millions. Solid consistent expansion.

Then Ribot, Murdoch & Gallop happened. The game CONTRACTED under Gallop's reign. Crowds dropped, TV popularity dropped. It took a decade for the game to get back to the level it was prior to Gallop - not allowing for population growth. And even after that decade, the game in REAL terms had gone backwards by a huge margin. It was unable to keep pace with the huge population growth. That is Gallop's legacy. Real Contraction.

And all this happened at the time when Keating introduced pay TV - this should have been the biggest financial bonanza and lottery win and marketing plus the game had ever seen. Instead Gallop & his mates have sent the game to the brink of bankruptcy. He has sent the game to the point where we are now exposed to being taken over in our heartland and have made insignificant gains into AFL's heartland. Meanwhile he fiddles. And only one team in Brisbane? Ever wondered why?

We've got that Gallop has stroked your ego bazeagle. He's made you feel important. Good for you.

Rex said:
Nice rewrite of history bazeagle. Here in contrast is what I've seen:

The game WAS going great under Arko & Quayle. Tina Turner and all. The crowds were going through the roof, year after year, record after record. It dominated TV sport, watched by millions. Solid consistent expansion.

Then Ribot, Murdoch & Gallop happened. The game CONTRACTED under Gallop's reign. Crowds dropped, TV popularity dropped. It took a decade for the game to get back to the level it was prior to Gallop - not allowing for population growth. And even after that decade, the game in REAL terms had gone backwards by a huge margin. It was unable to keep pace with the huge population growth. That is Gallop's legacy. Real Contraction.

And all this happened at the time when Keating introduced pay TV - this should have been the biggest financial bonanza and lottery win and marketing plus the game had ever seen. Instead Gallop & his mates have sent the game to the brink of bankruptcy. He has sent the game to the point where we are now exposed to being taken over in our heartland and have made insignificant gains into AFL's heartland. Meanwhile he fiddles. And only one team in Brisbane? Ever wondered why?

We've got that Gallop has stroked your ego bazeagle. He's made you feel important. Good for you.

Top post Rex

HillbillyThumbsUp.gif

Hey Rex.
You have no clue as to my interactions with Gallop.
Assumption is the mother of all f*#*ups bud.
I have zero interest in this topic anymore because all of what you lot bark on about is a load of all toss. You guys just don't like the boss just like children and no-one of you are big enough to admit it.

bazeagle said:
Hey Rex.
You have no clue as to my interactions with Gallop.
Assumption is the mother of all f*#*ups bud.
I have zero interest in this topic anymore because all of what you lot bark on about is a load of all toss. You guys just don't like the boss just like children and no-one of you are big enough to admit it.

b0425.gif

In all my time here I've never seen anyone so stuck or bolted on to an opinion as you Jatz. Scary to be that stubbornly immovable.

Toovey on the 5 day turnaround, quoted in Sun Herald:
''Our guys were really flat,'' he said. ''The league's got to do something about it. It would be great to be Brisbane and get a seven-day, seven-day, seven-day [gap]. That would be fantastic. Quite frankly the rest of the clubs are at a disadvantage. It's not an excuse for our performance tonight but it would be much easier … to have that sort of turnaround.''

Someone gave the scheduling to TV stations. Any comment, Bazeagle?

bazeagle said:
SMH Herald Headline today:
"NRL to reap $1.2 billion from TV rights deal".

Oh damn, I clean forgot the name of the current NRL CEO who is managing this negotiation. Silly old me.

Oh that's right.....it's: DAVID GALLOP.
Is that the same David Gallop who practically gave the last lot of rights away for about 60% of their true value to appease News Ltd because the got him this gig.

I dont know how many of you have realised this but 2 things seem to give bazza a woody. Firstly mr giddy up gallop and secondly when he is involved in threads that go on and on, and have high post counts.He feels important or a contributor or interesting or something

Every time someone responds he gets a tighter grip. He isnt going to answer all that is levelled because he cant,

Learn from it and move on, he needs you more than you need him.

Sorry baz , i have nothing against you, but you are ****ting in a place I like to visit. Not asking you to move on as obviously I cant, just asking you to be respectful and clean up your mess before you piss off

I don't like his thread.

Baz sticking to his guns.

Others taunting him for having an opinion that's outside the box.

Maybe I do like it.

bazeagle said:
Chill out Duff. Seriously.

No, if i just chilled out i'd be as vague as you. I value what i put forward as an opinion and will stand by it, defend it and explain it to anyone who asks. All i demand in return is that everyone else does the same.

SO DO THE SAME.

Bazeagle needs to answer what the game *could* be if the management was not so inept. I am so tired of reading about Gallop taking credit for what is not his. The quality of the product and fan loyalty.

bazeagle said:
Jatz - you seem to be ganging up on me again. Mata can defend himself, if required.
The really good thing with this thread is it's nearly up to 100.

It astounds me that many here cannot simply see or apply the colossally simple logic that I have been writing in multiple threads.
Here it is again, gents:
The game is going great. It's watched my millions and the next round of TV rights will reap a major windfall in cold hard cash.
And I say the current CEO is the dude who has been at the helm to steer the ship towards this great level of success. And as I have said not everything he has done is right, he admits that as well. If you guys need a simple analogy look at the A League. It's been really poorly planned, manifestly appallingly managed at all levels and it's collapsing. And who is the CEO? Is it Lowy? I don't even know. That's how a badly managed sports organisation looks and where it ends up.

RL is doing better than soccer in Australia so Gallop is a good CEO.

The US is doing much better than Ethiopia too, so they must have had great economic management over recent years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4