Is Joey worth having around?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The one question I have is why would Foran go to the Speels to further his game under Arthur when his current halves coach at Manly is the ARL's halfback of the century and his head coach is a premiership and world cup winning halfback.

To me that defies logic.

I personally like Johns as our halves coach. They're not the biggest issue we have right now. I halves are struggling behind a poor forward pack. He's one of the few greats that actually sound like they know what's going on in a game and that insight is a huge asset IMO. He gets along with a lot of players too and I personally think prospective signings would actually be attracted to Manly because of the chance to work with Johns.

When were DCE & Foz at their best ?
When they first came into the team. Over the years I think they've diminished, become programmed, predictable & robotic. They should have left them alone to develop their own games not try and turn them into a Johns clone.

Writes stories in the telecrap telling Foran he would be mad to go to parra. Sure seems like a conflict but hey.

I don't mind him at all but I don't know he has too much more to teach the duo.

Let's see what Barrett does?

Joey is not to blame, Daly is not to blame and Kieran is not to blame, our forwards are to blame or lack there of. Everyone just taking a shot at DCE and Foran obviously have no idea how rugby league works, look at the top 8 and what do them teams have? Good forwards. Put Klemmer, George Burgess, Jesse Bromich, James Tamou, Matt Scott (imagine that, wow) in our team and we would be leading the comp, no question. So hopefully Myles, Brown and Lussick? can fill that void a bit, get Lawrence back fit and we should be a bit better, but seriously dont blame the halves

There are poor forwards, and there is poor usage OF forwards. There is rotation of work to spread the load or there is concentration of load and consequently there is burnout, injuries, enthusiasm problems. Agree Joey is not the problem, he is a consultant coach for the halves. Foz had had a mini form rebound, something has shifted in his thinking. I sense the 'hand of Bozo' in there somewhere, and we all know where that leads . . . .@:cool:

He's the best player to ever lace up a pair of boots and he's coaching our halves. But nah let's get rid of him because our forwards are ****!

When I was watching the game against the Sharks I couldn't believe what Johns said in commentary when he said, "I have never seen Foran kick for goal before, not even at training"

My question is WTF not? Isn't he the halves coach and wasn't he a very handy goal kicker?

I would of thought someone especially Johns should have tried get other players such as DCE, Foran and others to at least have a crack at goal kicking rather than rely just on Killer without a back up goal kicker.

I know Foran had a few kicks almost in front but he only just missed with the kick from close to the sideline. Out of all the backup goal kickers Foran looks the most confident and promising of them all.

I'm glad Johns won't be around next year.

When I was watching the game against the Sharks I couldn't believe what Johns said in commentary when he said, "I have never seen Foran kick for goal before, not even at training"

My question is WTF not? Isn't he the halves coach and wasn't he a very handy goal kicker?

I would of thought someone especially Johns should have tried get other players such as DCE, Foran and others to at least have a crack at goal kicking rather than rely just on Killer without a back up goal kicker.

I know Foran had a few kicks almost in front but he only just missed with the kick from close to the sideline. Out of all the backup goal kickers Foran looks the most confident and promising of them all.

Johns was asked which teams out of the 8 he thought would crack it next year - he listed three teams - our Eagles weren't one of them.

From what I hear, Barrett is very much a work-a-holic, and is quite against the party culture - and Johns is the opposite of that. He wanted a gig as close to home as possible, and enjoys a flutter on the GG's, a good drink, and partying with the playing group.

Barrett may not have wanted that influence around?

I agree that there should have been a back up kicker considering how many injuries Killer has had of late. However Foz has had bad hamstrings for a couple of years now. Kicking is not something you want to be doing with dodgy hamstrings and think the club doctors wouldn't have had Foz training kicks. Because the Sharks game was his last for us and our last game of the season Tooves probably allowed him to. Also i think Johns hasn't been around for the last few weeks (remember commentators giving him cr@p that the winning streak was because he wasn't around the club).

Going on Joey's comments I doubt if he has been working with manly much at all this year.

At the end of the day Barrett is a former half who is going to put his own spin on things. That is why Joey is not needed next year. Lets see where this ride takes us.
Api looked decent at 5/8 in that last Riff game btw!

I would suggest dce has learnt as much as he can off johns by now. Time to move on. It is a result driven business after all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4