Is Luke brooks the piece we’ve been missing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yet, every game he's always close to our best player if not the best on the park. Sure, he may not be that ball playing hooker, ala Cook type. But, what we lose in one area we gain in another.
He's an effort player but he doesn't add what you need from a 9.

Gallen was "best on the park" a lot of the time too but his overall effect was to completely blunt and nullify the attack of his team.

I think we are stronger with Brooks at 6 but we need to move Schuster to 13 and Jake back to prop, and Jake needs to rediscover the form he was in a few years ago.

He's an effort player but he doesn't add what you need from a 9.

Gallen was "best on the park" a lot of the time too but his overall effect was to completely blunt and nullify the attack of his team.
I disagree, Froggy is what we need for the first 20 to 25 before a fresh dynamic 14 comes on, exactly like Api / Fainu 1 2.
Frog is just asked to do to much.

Gallen I agree, the stiffler.

Brooks has been in good form in an ordinary side with dce,turbo,around he’ll be even better.This will work in my view.

I watch every Tigers match without fail, he was poor last week probably his worst game this year.

I'd agree he has been decent all year.

Best case scenario more in the Luke Keary style or mode of play to hopefully get the side as a better attacking unit , . Would have been ideal to have had Foz continue to play to a reasonable level and relatively injury free for another couple of seasons and, Shu was worth a shot there but obvious how that has generally unfolded .
, Just have that nagging feeling how well Latu Fainu seems to defend in general and a good range of attacking abilities .
Maybe a season delayed in him just getting a bit more experience to be more of a complete package but other circumstances coming into play obviously to change that outcome .
Brooks should do O K and provide what should be basically needed to compliment D C E.
Was always going to be a not inconsiderable juggling act just waiting for Latu to develop a bit more and to still have a reasonable functioning 6 in the interim .
Brookes is as good as any half going around who can or has the all round game to resolve the current problem area there, nothing guaranteed but in the present circumstances , fair enough move

The Media were saying that this will be a good move for Brooks
as Brooks was under a lot of Unfair Pressure to Perform and lift the Tigers

The Expectations at the Manly club are much Greater
1692231631249.png

The Media were saying that this will be a good move for Brooks
as Brooks was under a lot of Unfair Pressure to Perform and lift the Tigers

The Expectations at the Manly club are much Greater
View attachment 24709

Look at that picture - all such lovable, entertaining, connectable, actual characters that you'd want to buy in with and be a part of (and happy to part money for to watch and support) .

It's just so disappointing how polarizing, unlikable , and un-entertaining the current crop are. It's literally a chore to watch us getting lapped every week, by let's face it - mercenaries who are only here for the $$$ - and mercenaries who really aren't very good.

PLEASE Manly, bring back some character. Bring back some heart, passion and connection. Our club needs an identity again. Jake is the closest thing, but ON the park, while he tries his best, adds nothing in attack, but is a tackling machine (Daniel Heckenberg anyone?).

Look at that picture - all such lovable, entertaining, connectable, actual characters that you'd want to buy in with and be a part of (and happy to part money for to watch and support) .

It's just so disappointing how polarizing, unlikable , and un-entertaining the current crop are. It's literally a chore to watch us getting lapped every week, by let's face it - mercenaries who are only here for the $$$ - and mercenaries who really aren't very good.

PLEASE Manly, bring back some character. Bring back some heart, passion and connection. Our club needs an identity again. Jake is the closest thing, but ON the park, while he tries his best, adds nothing in attack, but is a tackling machine (Daniel Heckenberg anyone?).
Polarizing ... you know who that is. The 10 year $10 million dollar man who we've built the current club culture around.

Polarizing ... you know who that is. The 10 year $10 million dollar man who we've built the current club culture around.

We've just been so rubbish, for so long. Honestly, nothing is changing. Please don't laugh, but we need someone like Ben Ikin to come in and turn our culture and fortunes around - someone willing to wash out the crap (regardless of status, salary or name). Unfortunately though, if you wash out the crap (from ownership, to coaches, to management, to media, to staff, to players) - we won't be left with very much at all, and it would almost be a Dolphins like restart.

People talk about the "bottom 3" - Tigers, Dragons, Bulldogs. We are as big a basket case and disaster as them. If we get beaten by either The Dogs or Tigers to finish the season, that will be proof in case. Honestly, every other team in the league would be licking their lips at playing us.

Mate, read it again (in the starting teams).

And there is 0 chance he'd ever be in a team at lock before Gift. EVER.
Massive chance he would be in the team before Glenn Stewart. 16 SOO vs 5 and 12 test matches vs 5. GS played in an era where we won and made GF's - have a look at his team mates.

Jake was also picked in all the junior rep teams. Can't say I remember GS being picked.

I also think you will find GS played a lot more reserve grade games. If I remember when he first started he was considered too small, too slow etc etc by many on here.

Jakey every day of the week.

The thread title speaks for itself, just wanting to see what brooks could bring to the team and if we think we can be a competing top 8 or even 4 side.

Thanks all!
Maybe we'll get to see the potential he has promised for so long in a new team with DCE's experience to guide him. However, we definitely need some mongrel & intimidation in the forward pack to get the opposition looking over their shoulders. Where's Rambo Gibbs when you need him! :))

We've just been so rubbish, for so long. Honestly, nothing is changing. Please don't laugh, but we need someone like Ben Ikin to come in and turn our culture and fortunes around - someone willing to wash out the crap (regardless of status, salary or name). Unfortunately though, if you wash out the crap (from ownership, to coaches, to management, to media, to staff, to players) - we won't be left with very much at all, and it would almost be a Dolphins like restart.

People talk about the "bottom 3" - Tigers, Dragons, Bulldogs. We are as big a basket case and disaster as them. If we get beaten by either The Dogs or Tigers to finish the season, that will be proof in case. Honestly, every other team in the league would be licking their lips at playing us.
I'd swap Tooves and Orford for Seibs / Mestrov.

Massive chance he would be in the team before Glenn Stewart. 16 SOO vs 5 and 12 test matches vs 5. GS played in an era where we won and made GF's - have a look at his team mates.

Jake was also picked in all the junior rep teams. Can't say I remember GS being picked.

I also think you will find GS played a lot more reserve grade games. If I remember when he first started he was considered too small, too slow etc etc by many on here.

Jakey every day of the week.
Neutral NRL fans will remember Turbo / Jurbo more than 2004 - 2014 class.
Manly Fans will always remember the latter for the premierships they won.

Brooks is a good acquisition. I think we'll see a good version of him given he won't have to do everything on his own.

But I 100% agree with the sentiment that we need one (maybe two) dominant front rowers. You just can't win consistently without them. Lodge is a good start. He's already shown himself to be at another level when compared to the rest.....even Paseka.

We'd be a vastly different team with AFB still in it. That's what we need. If only we'd gotten Leniu from the Pennies instead of him going to the Rorters. He would've added plenty.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8