Is pretty boy Slater slowing down ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is pretty boy Slater slowing down ?

• Yes i think so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No i don't think so

• He is carrying a injury ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I've watched Slater in a few games lately and he seems to be slower for what he use to be he couldn't keep up with Hayne in S002 when Hayne made that break.

So I'm wondering has he lost any pace or is he just carrying an injury ?

He looks like he has slowed down a bit - probably been focussing on other areas of his game.

Although i'm not sure he was ever super quick with anything over 40 metres. He's pretty slick off the spot.

eagle_predator link said:
I could be wrong here but i think Wolfman is currently quicker than Slater thoughts ?

Agreed

But the player that stood out recently was Kevin Locke - how quick is he?

DVS Matt link said:
probably been focussing on other areas of his game.

What like learning to slide into tackles with his knees instead of his boots

There should be one other option for the poll i.e. "Who Cares".
That would get my vote for the little grub.

I agree I dont think he has ever been real quick over a longer distance. You watch him and Hayne in S002 and for the first 10-15 metres Slater actually gains some ground but then quickly fades after that.

DVS Matt link said:
[quote author=eagle_predator link=topic=180913.msg230152#msg230152 date=1246242673]
I could be wrong here but i think Wolfman is currently quicker than Slater thoughts ?

Agreed

But the player that stood out recently was Kevin Locke - how quick is he?
[/quote]

He is a very special player, been watching him for 3 years now and he has all the skills, he should be playing fullback ahead of McKinnon

I think he is just explosive off the mark and quick over 40m then dies a bit. Chris Lawrance pulled away from him earlier in the year too in a near length of the field try.

I'd also like another poll option:
Give me a plank of wood and two minutes of his time and I'll slow him down but good . . .
There's no other player in the NRL I detest as much as Slater.

He is a 5 star grub. I haven't hated a player as much as him since 3 Knees Hancock and Andrew "The Thug" Gee hung up their boots.

he looks like a chipmunk.

billie sluter was the one that threw the intercept to Hayne, once he knew he made the mistake he stayed with hayne but then gave up.

definatly carrying an injury.

Didnt we demolish him inthe GF.

Brookvale link said:
he looks like a chipmunk.

billie sluter was the one that threw the intercept to Hayne, once he knew he made the mistake he stayed with hayne but then gave up.

definatly carrying an injury.

Didnt we demolish him inthe GF.

40-Nil has a good ring to it

anybody else see the little grub's acting in Canberra ?

He went down on the back of a nothing hit, the ref had to stop play he was down that long, he slowly made his way back to the wing, Canberra kicked his way and he had no problem jumping up full stretch over his head to reel it in and run the ball back

The crowd went nuts

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9