Is the Professor really nutty..??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

malroon

Reserve Grader
Bear with me, after our finish last year , everyone (all teams) were expecting us to come out in 2022 with all guns blazing, Only doing that would have them on alert , therefore would try to match us each game, So if we get beaten the first 2 - 4 games , this lulls them into a false sense of they're easy beats , then when we do fire up (as per last year) and begin winning they start getting intimidated, win win.........Comprehend..???

Last edited:
He's not nutty just hamstrung by a massively under performing $3mil 1/3 of our salary cap trio.

You need to look at the Tom and Jake contracts together. We’re paying Tom $1.5m and Jake $0.5m or whatever they’re on. It’s probably overs for both of them, but it makes the Jake contract a bit more bearable. Poor old Jake, I haven’t seen a coach ruin a career quite like Des has with Jake. Anyone could do what he does in attack, but probably drop it less. Tries his guts out, his defence is brilliant…but if someone told me 3 years ago that Isaiah Yeo would be 5 times the lock Jake is and earning less I’d have thought they were insane.

A lot of people commented on an interview Jake completed prior to the Penrith game and spoke about him joking laughing and not expecting us to win

He Even hinted in body language that these early games were important but not to lose sight of the big picture and how the team needs to get to where they want to be

One of our ST posters thought it was like he expected to lose but was still happy

Weird looking at it again with different lens

Any way

Go manly

We will be ok

Haven’t seen Jake popping up little inside balls for Tommy. The boys look like they are playing wearing a ball and chain. We look like the Dogs towards the end of Des’s tenure there.

You need to look at the Tom and Jake contracts together. We’re paying Tom $1.5m and Jake $0.5m or whatever they’re on. It’s probably overs for both of them, but it makes the Jake contract a bit more bearable. Poor old Jake, I haven’t seen a coach ruin a career quite like Des has with Jake. Anyone could do what he does in attack, but probably drop it less. Tries his guts out, his defence is brilliant…but if someone told me 3 years ago that Isaiah Yeo would be 5 times the lock Jake is and earning less I’d have thought they were insane.
I agree that Jake doesn't have the impact that he used to have. What are your thoughts on why exactly this has happened? Too much defense? Not an 80 min player?

I don't think you can blame for Des for Jake's lack of leg speed. He's 28 now and worked very hard in the middle for a very long time and I think he's a yard slower than he used to be. Pair that with the increased speed of this new game we have, and that goes some way to explaining why he's not as damaging as he once was.

Jake has super timing and ability as a ball player, which along with having a quick play the ball is his attacking strength....
As a defender, Jake is up with the best 1 on 1 defensive players in the game, unfortunately not rewarded in the modern game with " Jake - Jake Jake" screamed by the referee EVERY time he makes a perfect copybook tackle

Jake has super timing and ability as a ball player, which along with having a quick play the ball is his attacking strength....
As a defender, Jake is up with the best 1 on 1 defensive players in the game, unfortunately not rewarded in the modern game with " Jake - Jake Jake" screamed by the referee EVERY time he makes a perfect copybook tackle
I think that’s one of the reasons Jake doesn’t bend the line anymore is the quick play the ball he is always looking for, it has hurt his game.

Based on form Jake is along way from playing origin, 900K a year for Jake, I can’t recall the last time Jake has changed a game, he tackles without the oomph he used to put in and he passes the ball as a link man at a pedestrian pace.

Lots of comments on how many of the forwards don’t make yardage, look at Jakes stats.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8