It’s official - refs are right, everyone else who watched the game was wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Errors are acceptable - it's how you deal with them when they happen. The best organizations (and individuals) still stuff up, but when they do they learn from them and improve as a result.
The NRL's response to any issue of late has been to deny that it exists and this is the sign of a failing business.
You make another very good point . I agree with you 110% and my philosophy has always been excuses don't bring results

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
I’m just going to put it out there and say I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the refereeing standards have declined as betting has taken hold of the game. This has been supported by an administration that has moulded the rules so there is more ref’s discretion than ever so they have the tools they need to manipulate games.

If you compare the no forward pass call in our game with the forward pass call in the Raiders game last night, it is clear that the next rule slated to become “discretionary” is the forward pass.

This may just be the move that gives the game away.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
So summing up. The refs can all game call out or ignore Storm defenders who are deliberately offside at marker or inside the 10m, but if a Manly player is accidentally and unknowingly offside thats a mandatory penalty, 2 points penalty goal and loss of the game, even though the rules say an accidental offside is a scrum.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
You will notice the linesman who missed the Melb forward pass is not in first grade. Neither is one of the refs.

Proof they had shockers at Manlys expense

However the refs boss also announced that both calls were correct, sounds like contrary to popular belief, you can have your cake and eat it too, as long as you are a koala working at the nrl

XV-1

First Grader
However the refs boss also announced that both calls were correct, sounds like contrary to popular belief, you can have your cake and eat it too, as long as you are a koala working at the nrl

That is correct. The refs are playing politics as well, much to the angst of some within the ranks.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sutton gets picked to ref this weekend by....sutton. (though called a demotion as it's the titans v warriors)

No problem having a brother being the ref's boss with another brother getting all the special treatment...no none at all.

Doesn't happen, just ask....the suttons

The two morons in the bunker have nothing done to them. Patten and Perenara.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...e/news-story/029b17ab7fdbdfffe66874ea9032ff80

The NRL came out and admitted the referees got it disastrously wrong, but made a questionable decision to allow referee Bernard Sutton to officiate in Round 20 despite demoting assistant referee Gavin Reynolds and touch judge Ricky MacFarlane.

NRL360 host Paul Kent tore strips off the decision, suggesting it only dug the NRL a deeper hole of shame amid a season of frustrating refereeing controversies.

“It’s almost like the NRL looked at the paper this morning, listened to what everyone was saying, which was ‘if you’re going to drop the touch judge, you had to drop Sutton too’,” he said.

“It’s almost like the NRL said ‘stuff you, we’re not going to listen to you, we’ll do it our way.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16