It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters

davohan123

First Grader
Tipping Member
68F902F6-77E2-440E-AB4F-0A21323928AD.jpeg

47MVEagle

Bencher
Aren't they just pathetic the media... Any chance to stick the knife in further, they cant help themselves. Demountables aren't that bad, I work in one.

Cartwright and Barrett looked relaxed as they emerged from one of the club's demountables

Absolutely, I got that too, as well as this:

Meanwhile, social media went into meltdown when a photo of unwanted Sea Eagle Marty Taupau having coffee with a Parramatta official surfaced. It was later established Taupau met with the Eels welfare officer, Dean Feeney, who is a personal friend and has nothing to do with Parramatta's recruitment.

weev

Bencher
Because whilst the players are satisfied with playing as poorly and they have this year and coming second last I as a supporter am not. The players are mentally soft and that comes from being mollycoddled by the coaching staff. They want Cartwright because they don't want things to change. It is naive to think that simply letting Barrett go will solve all of the problems. It might remedy a number of the obvious superficial coaching and tactical deficiencies he displayed as a coach but it wont do anything for the mental toughness and fortitude of this squad. With the amount of talent in this squad, this year has been a massive underachievement with the players at times simply turning it up when the going got tough. The number of games we lost after leading early is a perfect example. There seems to be a misconception that a happy squad is a successful squad. Happiness is but one of a number of essential ingredients to success. These players are young men and not old experienced management heads. The player's job is to work hard, stick to the game plan and play good footy, not to run the football club. This players need to real in their ego's and reset their professional compass.

Sorry but I just can't believe the players want Cartwright cause he's a slack boss and lets them get away with things. I don't think many players would be happy with not reaching their potential and having weekly and very visible on-field failure, just so they can earn some lazy coin for a few years.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Sorry but I just can't believe the players want Cartwright cause he's a slack boss and lets them get away with things. I don't think many players would be happy with not reaching their potential and having weekly and very visible on-field failure, just so they can earn some lazy coin for a few years.

Are you sure? Because that's exactly how the squad has been looking this year to me.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Caught a little snippet of Matt Ballin on Fox yesterday saying that stability could be just what Manly needs now, and Cartwright & Randall could be a good fit for that reason. I didn't hear the whole segment so not sure of the context but it was nice to hear someone put a positive spin on it. There haven't been many!

Leho

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Ztc in the manly daily today is saying how they have they been swamped by applications from big names. Who knows anymore

manly al

First Grader
If the side can regain some better consistency and results next season and as mainly occurred last year [ and with the respective coach last season ] , doubt that there will be too many complaints regardless who the Manly coach may be next season

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If the side can regain some better consistency and results next season and as mainly occurred last year [ and with the respective coach last season ] , doubt that there will be too many complaints regardless who the Manly coach may be next season
True enough , if we can get the cap tpa witch hunt settled in our favour a bit , have less injuries and now a decent 5/8 and maybe find another front rower and some wingers (Anderson) and a gun winger like one of those kiwis type wingers we sb looking ok
I would still prefer a Hasler TOovey or McGuire or even Henry but if it’s carty and he gets us to the semis 2nd week at least with that squad, then I’d be happy

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16