Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So, if you were signing players this year, who would you have signed and alternatively who out of the players we've gained would you have passed on. Not having a go, just interested in what you might come up with. I think our recruiting has been very smart and relatively inexpensive. Is it a gamble, sure it is, but I'm more than happy with the odds.

All the established stars are off contract at the end of '17, that is when the real search for 2 top line players starts.

I posted a few days ago that the Parcell trade would see another player coming in. Why else would they get rid of him? I'd been hoping Manly would look at Hastings since it became known he was on the outer. And I also am of the belief he could become a seriously good hooker. His passing both ways is top shelf and he's a good defender. While he's not super quick, he definitely has a bit of toe and he's not small either about 94kg.

Yup, around 5cm's, and 10 odd k/g's taller & heavier than Parcell, and around 13cm's, and 10 odd k/g's taller & heavier than Koroisou.

I hope he makes it at hooker, because that means either Lewis Brown or Apisai Koroisou are definitely destined for NSW Cup:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua OR Jonathan Wright
03. Brian Kelly OR Matthew Wright
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green OR Cameron Cullen
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Jackson Hastings OR Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fanua-Blake
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen OR Jamil Hopoate
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown OR Frank Winterstein
15. Nate Myles
16. Lloyd Perrett OR Willis Meehan
17. Brenton Lawrence OR Shaun Lane

Plenty of depth covered as well.

Good signing...kid can play. I know his teammates don't like him, but I do. I personally would've gone a Hastings/Dce combo prior to signing Green.

He is Trent's old next door neighbor. Definitely has the potential. I doubt he was without a club, it would have just been that his asking price was too high so teams like Dragons passed on him. If he is mates with Trent it might be the reason we got him and probably on a low contract. If not we are retarded.

He is Trent's old next door neighbor. Definitely has the potential. I doubt he was without a club, it would have just been that his asking price was too high so teams like Dragons passed on him. If he is mates with Trent it might be the reason we got him and probably on a low contract. If not we are retarded.

He was signed with the Wyong (I don't know their animal) Wombats.

I'm happy with this. And the fact he can kick goals is a major plus given our obvious deficiency in that department.

Seems we are playing moneyball. Smart for mine. I for one will have money on Manly to make the 8.

Having Hastings at Hooker is something we needed. Parcell in my eyes is a gun and I'm sad to see him go but this is an upgrade. Solid defender, will provide the halves with great service, will kick goals and what we have been missing is a hooker that can kick in general play. This will take more pressure of our halves in sticky situations. Massive thumbs up for me as long as he knows his place in the squad.

Well like many, this one caught me off guard. I agree with most on here, he would have the be signed as hooker or halves depth.

Given he is a solid goal kicker, and a 80 minute player, id say he is destined for Hooker.

With the loss of Killer, Snake and Skivvy in 1 hit, Green adds much needed experience to the squad and I like that we signed him. We have Green for 2 years (if he goes well/wants to it could be 3 years) so in that time the club will plan for life after him.

Well like many, this one caught me off guard. I agree with most on here, he would have the be signed as hooker or halves depth.

Given he is a solid goal kicker, and a 80 minute player, id say he is destined for Hooker.

With the loss of Killer, Snake and Skivvy in 1 hit, Green adds much needed experience to the squad and I like that we signed him. We have Green for 2 years (if he goes well/wants to it could be 3 years) so in that time the club will plan for life after him.

Tom Write will be in the mix for the 6 by then

Another son of a legend signing

We will soon have a team of them ready to be coached by a son of a legend in Scott Fulton

I am off the loony bin now to wait for the next crap signing/contracted player release (please be Nate Myles)

He was signed with the Wyong (I don't know their animal) Wombats.
Fair enough, but I think Wyong Roos are a feeder club to Roosters so maybe he was just signed by them under his contractual obligations?? If not I am surprised he was totally un-wanted.

From Roosters website:
In 2015, the Wyong Roos will officially align with the Sydney Roosters as the NRL Club's official NSW Cup feeder team. The arrangement will see the two historical Australian rugby league Clubs come together for the first time in their histories, providing a clear path to the game's biggest stage for the up-and-coming rugby league stars of the Central Coast.

Read more at http://go1.roosters.com.au/team/wyong_roos.html#DquzExw0K5SgAIlC.99

Apparently he's arrogant so it's all attitude
Fulton would relate to that, and to be fair, for an NRL player too much confidence is probably better than not enough.
In terms of getting along with teammates, winning games will take care of that.
And our recruitment for 2017 is not finished yet, either.

• **** off. I thought it was a joke. Wow. Another dickhead, son of a legend with a high opinion of him self. Like Sironen, this bloke can play. Where he plays in our line up I don't know. Hooker, centres not completely out of the question. What he does have which Parcelled doesn't is a kicking game. We would want to have someone working full time to just deal with the personalities. We now have one hell of a team of individual stars but not known as team players. But well done Bozo. I'll eat humble pie.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8