Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He won't miss tackles he trains harder than anyone at Parra, he is a big body at half which Johns and Humphries aren't he has a passable passing and kicking game, he's going to make it as a back rower eventually and needs to just pass the ball to Schuster and tell him where to be.

If manly pick up a win against the knights with ponga having a point to prove it's worth it and he will definitely be as good as Croker playing makeshift nine.

If we could have Kyle Flanno, Cooper Johns, Zac Fulton, Nathan Cleary alongside this Arthurs bloke imagine the cool blokes you could chat with on the hill! Ok maybe not Cleary ...

How many of our current squad have scored a try in a grand final?

Given the pressure he was under at Parra, this is definitely a good move for Arthur. Not so sure it's a great move for us, but I do think he's a solid player with good NRL experience and is an upgrade on our current backups.

This will sound harsh and I do not condone the Eels fans giving it to Jake personally. However, there is a reason these fans get worked up and in my opinion, it’s because he is a reserve grader who only plays first because his Dad is the coach. He is ordinary.

I think its an ok signing under the circumstances and will be very handy over the origin period, I’m looking forward to seeing him give his all for us, his that type of player, high energy, high effort and that’s exactly what we need, I hope he kills it and finds a home with us, would be great to see him succeed in our colours, I believe he’ll work hard to prove a point. Welcome aboard young Arthur.

Last edited:
Agreed. We see to prefer buying players who can't crack their teams 17.
Why?
There's no reasoning behind bringing players through our 'system', then denying them a chance to shine in the top grade. Why have a 'system' at all? May as well just follow the Rorters blueprint, oh wait, our owner doesn't want to purchase top grade players, and probably doesn't play golf. .

Remember those heady days when we signed Kite, Orford, Bell, Kennedy,Gulavao etc we always seem to get the best player on the market. Then we'd pickup a TRex, Wolfman, Ballin, Monaghan, Hall, Bryant, Rodney at the bargain bin.

Humphreys has come back well since his nasty injury in the trials.
He has been integral in steering the Blacktown side to recent wins including yesterday over top 4 side Canberra.
Maybe they think he is still a year away, but personally rate him better than both Johns and Arthur.
I reckon Arthur is a decent signing though, as he can tackle and has the experience I reckon the coaching staff want for the SOO period.
This will definitely open a few doors for opposition teams to see an opportunity to slide in for Humphreys, who I really want to stay, as has a higher ceiling then the other 2 put together.
How can you rate him higher Than Johns and Arthur? He's got something like 8 big boy games under his belt at Blacktown.

How can you rate him higher Than Johns and Arthur? He's got something like 8 big boy games under his belt at Blacktown.
I refer to his potential.
He is far sharper than both on his feet as a runner of the ball and more creative, though Arthur is more rugged and a more solid option defensively, which is why I believe we signed him.
Time will tell, as you point out has only stepped up to the big league more recently, but has instantly made an impact and his form alone has improved that Blacktown team by plenty.

Jake Arthur is an outstanding acquisition, and Parramatta fans are feral. This will be another Wolfman-esque, Buhrer-esque absolute steal, trust me. He's instantly our 3rd best half after DCE and Schuster (and has MASSIVE upside). Kid is tall, rangy, fast, and can certainly run a line.

FINALLY some quality fresh-blood ! Let's show Parra fans how we can rally behind a player, and support this 20 year old, kid.

Not sure he’ll be a great signing for us, but I’m glad to see the poor kid get away from those rabid Parra fans. I know we have an element of our own fans who bag our players, but I’m pretty sure Parra fans take it to another level. I’ll never forget them throwing coins at Jamie Lyon when Manly played Parra years ago. That element of their supporter base is one of the main reasons I really enjoy seeing them lose.
I've got a mate that is an avid parra fan and member. Goes to every home game. Funnily enough, we were only talking about Arthur late last week and he was telling me a story after full time some time ago, that other parra fans near him were throwing things at him and abusing the living **** out of him, and he said the poor kid looked like he wanted to cry. And my mate Is a stand up guy so ofcourse he gave it back to them or tried his best anyway. And he continued to tell me that some parra fans are absolute ****wits and it's a taint on the club and alot of them shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the ground

I've got a mate that is an avid parra fan and member. Goes to every home game. Funnily enough, we were only talking about Arthur late last week and he was telling me a story after full time some time ago, that other parra fans near him were throwing things at him and abusing the living **** out of him, and he said the poor kid looked like he wanted to cry. And my mate Is a stand up guy so ofcourse he gave it back to them or tried his best anyway. And he continued to tell me that some parra fans are absolute ****wits and it's a taint on the club and alot of them shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the ground

Manly fans may whinge on a forum, but as soon as you get to Brookie, you're 100% behind the boys, no matter what. And if that's NOT the case, you're not a true Manly fan. I mean Jesus, we invented the flippin Jye Mullane stand !

Looks like they have gone for the reasonably experienced factor . At least seems like a competitor, tidy type of player and has some sort of a kicking game ? Humphries seems a good prospect but looks like considered not quite ready . Would say the best option if the only other considerations were Johns or Humphries .

Agreed. We see to prefer buying players who can't crack their teams 17.
Why?
There's no reasoning behind bringing players through our 'system', then denying them a chance to shine in the top grade. Why have a 'system' at all? May as well just follow the Rorters blueprint, oh wait, our owner doesn't want to purchase top grade players, and probably doesn't play golf. .
We have DCE, Tom, Jake, Schu, Haumole, Koula, Saab. Garrick, Paseka.

We're not the Roosters so we need to gamble on cheaper chaps.

Where the heck does that leave Humphries?? He reportedly had a good game against the Raiders yesterday. Surely, he'll start looking elsewhere now.
Maybe they think Humphries isn't quite ready for 1st's just yet, Arthur is just a short term solution. He's a good solid defending halfback and that really is all we want him to do tbh, with Schuster calling the shots.

Haven't seen too much of him but he had a quality game when the Eels beat us at Brookie last year.

No superstar, but a lot better than Cooper. Humphries still a tad young and not ready from what I've seen with Blacktown this year. Let Humphries and Fainu try and guide the reserves around for this season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4