Jake Trobejvic.....looking good!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
FEATHERED FRIENDS , after much deliberation, finally finished my avatar
sea e.jpg
??? what do u think :)

Jake has really grown in the off season. Being so young he might bulk up even more in the next few years. The extra game time last night, against a monster pack, would also build up his confidence.@:cool:

3. Blair (this guy is a passanger, week in week out he costs us points)

Really!! I must have been watching a different player I thought he was solid. A no frills player who doesn't put a foot wrong.
His stats were pretty darn good. 16 Runs for 162M. Second behind Hiku who ran 20 times for 182M.

Jake Turbo was outstanding he has a great passing game and a big ticker.

^ Blair is very solid under the high ball and hits the ball up well. Also a good finisher. It's his reads in defence that are costing us. Has a habit of rushing out of the line too early when we're defending the goal line, leaving his opposite winger unmarked.

^ Blair is very solid under the high ball and hits the ball up well. Also a good finisher. It's his reads in defence that are costing us. Has a habit of rushing out of the line too early when we're defending the goal line, leaving his opposite winger unmarked.

Yes if he could sort out his defensive reads he would be a handy winger. But until then he is a liability.

Jake T is a promising WIP.

Not getting too carried away with the future rep bull****, he needs some more bulk & game time. The dogs pack was seriously pedestrian last night; they never got out of 2nd gear and we matched that.

I liked his tackle count, and he took a few hard hit ups off our line. All promising, but I'm sure we have all seen that before.

Big Jake T got some serious minutes tonight and he did not look out of place one bit. The big thing for me is that he was just constantly looking for work, whether it was hitups or tackles or kick chases. For a big unit he's got a serious motor, good ball skills and a very impressive tackling technique. Up against the big dogs forwards he kept taking them down.

I haven't seen the stats, but I thought he was very impressive. He also brings a tonne of enthusiasm!

yeah agree.....tonight we saw a 10 yr first grader at the minimum

Really!! I must have been watching a different player I thought he was solid. A no frills player who doesn't put a foot wrong.
His stats were pretty darn good. 16 Runs for 162M. Second behind Hiku who ran 20 times for 182M.

Jake Turbo was outstanding he has a great passing game and a big ticker.
His defence and positional play was really poor

As poor as last nights game was the pleasing thing for me is that we aimed up. I thought our forwards rolled up their sleeves and had a dig. Jake T was very good and reminds me alot of James Graham and llike Graham or not he is a very good footballer

That was a tough game for our forwards against the dragons. But I reckon trbojevic cemented a spot with that performance, even with forwards like Lawrence and starling back.

That was a tough game for our forwards against the dragons. But I reckon trbojevic cemented a spot with that performance, even with forwards like Lawrence and starling back.

Cementing a spot in our pack isn't all that difficult.

He needs some more size, and speed at the defensive line, and he could be anything. At his current playing weight he showing some promise, but hardly taking the world by storm.

Good kid, worth developing, could be anything, could be average.

Time will tell.

I don't recall any props taking the world by storm in their first few games.

Other young props eg David Klemmer etc hardly took the world by storm when the played thier first few games either.

I don't recall any props taking the world by storm in their first few games.

Other young props eg David Klemmer etc hardly took the world by storm when the played thier first few games either.

Simply stated a sensible fact on the kid that's he's a WIP. Time will tell if he becomes something more than an average front rower. I have high hopes, but you never know.

At least with youth he does have a passion for the jersey.

I just wonder how long it will last given the current environment at the club.

I'd like him to run more; this passing business at the line is overused in the modern game. You never see Moa or JWG, or Burgess dick around at the line. OK, occasionally it's a good play, but if ever there was a reason to tuck it under the arm and charge, it was Saturday night. We need to lay a decent platform before we worry about shifting it wide. Jake can run hard, so I hope he is encouraged to do more of it.

Simply stated a sensible fact on the kid that's he's a WIP. Time will tell if he becomes something more than an average front rower. I have high hopes, but you never know.

At least with youth he does have a passion for the jersey.

I just wonder how long it will last given the current environment at the club.

Forgive me for asking but what's a WIP ?

Don't worry I just realised it's probably a Work in Progress.o_O

Jake has the goods and he will get better playing and learning in the top side. I can see him standing out in backrow. He was a good goal kicker back in his junior days as well. I would have him kicking the goals ahead of Matai and Cherry Evans

Early days yet. To me he looks as if he could do with another pre-season. With injury last year he is going to need a fair bit more game time this year. Apart from a couple of good hits in defence he hasn't really done much except reveal he could be a handy half or 5/8 with his passing game.

If he gets enough time on the field this season and stays injury free into next season then maybe we'll see if he's anything special then.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4