Jamie Lyon appreciation thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was a good player at Parramatta but leaving them and coming to Manly was the best career move he ever made. He's been amazing for us and had a huge influence on much of success we've enjoyed over the past 5-6 years.

I agree that he's gone past O'Connor, and is now alongside Fulton as the 2 finest centres in the clubs history. He's respected on and off the field and epitomizes what the Manly club is about; strength of character, skill and determination.

In a team choc full of champions, particularly the Stewart brothers, I see him as our best player.

Daniel said:
The look on his face when that last ball got to him. We were in row 8 right on that corner post. The look on his face I had no doubt that we were going to score he knew too, better still the broncos were ****ting themselves it was awesome

i noticed that on the replay, its kind of a wry smile combined with excitement.

Rabs on Dead set legends is urging Jamie to reconsider his rep footy retirement to come back and help the blues

I've followed this great club since 66 and i'm hard pressed to think of another centre we've had, that oozes the class of Killer,always preferred Bozo at 5/8 but i've got him up above O'connor,Branighan,Cracker Mcdonald,..sheesh the list goes on

He's a bleeding champion ,thats for sure...come to think of it ,there's quite a few others in there that are just as special
Back to back we here come

Nothing much more we can say about Jamie. He makes us win. What an awesome player and team man.

Utility Player said:
And yet the knumbnuts in commentary persist in calling him Lyons.

My admiration for killer knows no bounds.

And Ray Warren referred to him during the commentary as Jodie Lyons at one stage.

Lyon amazes us with his consistency.

He astounds us with one of the coolest heads in the game. He absorbs big match pressure and turns it into team points.

One of the best ever to pull on the maroon and white journey.

He's like a handgun in the back pocket. He's security, confidence and lethal all rolled into one.

And a modest gentleman to boot..

The best centre to lace on a boot in my time

A true champion on and off the field.I had the honor to meet him and is a great ambassador for Manly.

Together with Matai,we have the best centre pairing in the world by a country mile(and thats counting rep teams).

Even when he makes a blunder of it, his hand goes up to to apologise to team mates, and he gets on with it AND LEADS. Love his professionalism and humility!

Nthn NSW said:
The best centre to lace on a boot in my time

A true champion on and off the field.I had the honor to meet him and is a great ambassador for Manly.

Together with Matai,we have the best centre pairing in the world by a country mile(and thats counting rep teams).

IMO Leeds are a very close second. Talking to Killa and Skivvie after the WCC they said it was a nightmare containing there's

Fluffy said:
Daniel said:
The look on his face when that last ball got to him. We were in row 8 right on that corner post. The look on his face I had no doubt that we were going to score he knew too, better still the broncos were ****ting themselves it was awesome

i noticed that on the replay, its kind of a wry smile combined with excitement.

I can't wait to watch the reply.

That's about what I saw Fluffy. As soon as he got that ball I knew we were going to score.
To have a player like that in your team is priceless, to have a player like Glenn Stewart inside home and then DCE inside of him is just an asset that any club would love to have.

He is the sort of player that we will be able to tell our kids that we saw him play and be proud of it

I still remember the days when he signed, he was "fat, overrated, overpriced, past it." not only according to opposition supporters but Manly fans . Back when his attack was not as dynamic in the first season he signed i still thought his defence alone was worth every dollar he was getting paid at Manly.

Egg on faces everywhere. Hands down best center on earth.

Napper said:
I still remember the days when he signed, he was "fat, overrated, overpriced, past it." not only according to opposition supporters but Manly fans . Back when his attack was not as dynamic in the first season he signed i still thought his defence alone was worth every dollar he was getting paid at Manly.

still ppl around that hate him though

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Napper said:

still ppl around that hate him though

Yep, they are Parra fans & NSW supporters who want him to play SOO.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2