JARRYD HAYNE SIGNS WITH THE TITANS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The moment he announced the NFL gig I thought this guy gets points for originality but also thought it was a plan to become a Sonny Bill type marquee player.
It's worked for him. Points to money the hungry show pony.
But the Titans. Hilarious as it may be, it smells of NRL corruption. Nrl own them. They have very few fans and the sport is failing on the coast. Let's give them Hayne Airlines at a crucial time of the year leading up to the finals.
This comp really is so unfair.

I don't really care about him or the Titans but I just think the NRL has lost the plot letting him play this year. Rules For Some - new slogan of the NRL and the one that will drive fans away for good.

... isn't the June 30 cut off only for players already playing ... Hayne is not a current player .... just saying
it just so good to have yet another LOL @parra

I don't know how he'll be able to make it through a game, stamina-wise.

(I've heard the new dream is being a Barry Manilow tribute singer. But we've all dreamed of doing that during our lives).

View attachment 4083

I can place my hand on my heart and promise that I have personally never dreamed of being a Barry Manilow tribute singer.

it possibly leaves NRL clubs getting union players from here or overseas for a short period just one month out from the finals though. Teams have to be locked in at some point...you can't have ring ins.
yes that is a good point. There are very few players that could be used and only if not under contract. Possible examples are say Israel Folau or SBW who had finsihed Union season and not signed for next yr with ARU or NZRU could play for a 2 or 3 months in NRL.
I think if this happened the rules would be changed. oh depending which club they went to.

it possibly leaves NRL clubs getting union players from here or overseas for a short period just one month out from the finals though. Teams have to be locked in at some point...you can't have ring ins.
I thought that. And where does the Tier One Top 25 fit into all this?

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
That's true, so any clubs looking for massive slow forwards who are great at scrums, or reserve grade backs will be combing the market ;0)

As they explained on TFS last night, as he wasn't contracted to any NRL club before 30 June the Titans (or anyone else who could afford him under the cap) were free to sign him. And being Hayne they would have rushed through his registration to allow him to play this week.

Hayne playing means they are expecting around 20,000 against the Warriors.

I bet Nein are now wishing they had this game instead of Tigpies vs Cows on Sunday arvo.

If I were the Tits though I wouldn't have been overly happy with yesterdays press conference with him. Hardly any of the usual cliches about being glad to join the club, it was all that he wanted to go back to the Speels and how he waited and waited for them. When he was saying all of that Neil Henry didn't have the happiest look on his face.....despite the money they're paying him (same as we're paying DCE it seems...$1.2 million), Hayne all but said he was settling for second best. Not that I expect him to play half ar$ed because I doubt he'll do that.

Last edited:
You inhabit a strange world Quirky. However riding in lifts must bring you endless joy.

We will perhaps need a "music" intervention by @mozgrame and @Moondog to cure you of your Barry Manilow impersonator fetish.

You'll never take away the Muzak that beats deep within me.

I have spent too many years in elevators, months and months on end, for anyone to steal away those rhythms that drive me.

Long live BM.

On the local radio news here (I live quite near the Goldie these days) they said that 18,000 additional tickets were sold yesterday for this weekends game, and it will be pretty close to a sellout if not a sellout.

Also said they expect to sell over 5000 Jerseys with "Hayne 1" on the back within a week.

Not hard to see why they signed him (quite apart from the football aspect),

On the local radio news here (I live quite near the Goldie these days) they said that 18,000 additional tickets were sold yesterday for this weekends game, and it will be pretty close to a sellout if not a sellout.

Also said they expect to sell over 5000 Jerseys with "Hayne 1" on the back within a week.

Not hard to see why they signed him (quite apart from the football aspect),
Great timing with the Suns on the stink too.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6