[Resurrected] Jason ferris v cherry evans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
DCE is not imposing himself, his game is all too easily read by opposition defences. The spark has gone from DCE. He was poor again today, very poor and you see an ageing Cooper Cronk get the job done with a minimum of fuss!

Cronk has had plenty of piss poor games this year, and he’s playing in a team surrounded by superstars who was tipped to win the comp, and he has a premiership winning coach who knows what he is doing.

If you put DCE in the Roosters 7 and Cronk in the Manly 7 I don’t think the result would’ve been any different.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
DCE actually chased 3-4 Roosters when his mates had given up.
He is overpaid based on his ability, but there is no Manly half in the history of the game who would have looked good in that Roosters game.
DCE is a talented half down on confidence, while Ferris was more a workhorse style half who would have added zero yesterday.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Daly was one if very few tonight who can hold his head high. He was one of our best, scoring a try and setting up one. He tried to rev up the boys and lifted himself but barely anyone went with him. And what's the b s about DCE not being good to watch. Think back to us vs the dogs round 4 last year? At top flight Daly Cherry Evans is an exceptional halfback. It's not his fault our season has been poor, he is doing as much as he can.
The lemmings believe and buy in to the media BS about Daly and expect his paycheck to make him the miracle man.

You expect it from the haters who support other clubs and the media just not from our own fans.

If we had 2 or 3 dce’s and turbos loses like yesterday would never happen.

Personally at full flight Daly is amazing to watch he is up there as one of the most talented halfbacks the club has had and we have had a few. To even compare him to a journeyman like Ferris is offensive.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The lemmings believe and buy in to the media BS about Daly and expect his paycheck to make him the miracle man.

You expect it from the haters who support other clubs and the media just not from our own fans.

If we had 2 or 3 dce’s and turbos loses like yesterday would never happen.

Personally at full flight Daly is amazing to watch he is up there as one of the most talented halfbacks the club has had and we have had a few. To even compare him to a journeyman like Ferris is offensive.

lol such a cambo, always grascious
lololololol offended by my opinion that you have actually ignored, and found your own, even though i clarified
i know your a smart guy cambo so i also know its no accident you have missed the point, but anyway no biggy

if you want to build a shrine and make this a place of worship, fair enough mate . your choice
hope this doesnt offend, just wanted to stop this in its tracks
oh and for entertainment rather than skill (again) i still enjoyed watching ferris and monnas as someone else pointed out far more. they just had the manly spirit i feel cherry doesnt have regardless of how good a game he had 62 weeks ago. manly is a spirit a culture and i think trent and cherry dont fit it
take care
from the lemming

P.S but as a manly fan i found myself sometime back feeling this way so i checked myself and starting watching the game with a pen and paper , recording effective kicks, how many times he took the ball to the line,getting caught on 5th tackle,crabbing, running in circles, you know the stuff number sevens do and its alarming, no matter how much he is paid

our defence was woeful yesterday and throwing kelly, suli, uate under the bus is common practice but there is a cherry cheer squad that dont let you go unchecked, regardless of how he performs. its kind of weired but hey, again no biggy just an observation

Cameron

lol such a cambo, always grascious
lololololol offended by my opinion that you have actually ignored, and found your own, even though i clarified
i know your a smart guy cambo so i also know its no accident you have missed the point, but anyway no biggy

if you want to build a shrine and make this a place of worship, fair enough mate . your choice
hope this doesnt offend, just wanted to stop this in its tracks
oh and for entertainment rather than skill (again) i still enjoyed watching ferris and monnas as someone else pointed out far more. they just had the manly spirit i feel cherry doesnt have regardless of how good a game he had 62 weeks ago. manly is a spirit a culture and i think trent and cherry dont fit it
take care
from the lemming

P.S but as a manly fan i found myself sometime back feeling this way so i checked myself and starting watching the game with a pen and paper , recording effective kicks, how many times he took the ball to the line,getting caught on 5th tackle,crabbing, running in circles, you know the stuff number sevens do and its alarming, no matter how much he is paid

our defence was woeful yesterday and throwing kelly, suli, uate under the bus is common practice but there is a cherry cheer squad that dont let you go unchecked, regardless of how he performs. its kind of weired but hey, again no biggy just an observation
Dance around it all you want mate. But it was a case of players and enjoyment and you had of compared Daly to Lyons, toovey, orford, Gibbs, hasler or phil Blake I would have understood. There are players I’ve enjoyed watching more than Daly, Lyons, beaver, snake and gift to name some. But no you chose to compare Daly to a bloke who played 31 games for manly (if you include 2002) and was a fringe first grader at best. The whole title of the thread was aimed at being disrespectful to a bloke who is not only the club captain but an international, origin player, Churchill medalist and a premiership player.

If you enjoyed watching a journeyman whose only real talent was to high five team mates over a bloke who is probably in the top 5 half backs
The club has had well obviously we get enjoyment out of different things mate.

You were being a smarty pants and you know it.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dance around it all you want mate. But it was a case of players and enjoyment and you had of compared Daly to Lyons, toovey, orford, Gibbs, hasler or phil Blake I would have understood. There are players I’ve enjoyed watching more than Daly, Lyons, beaver, snake and gift to name some. But no you chose to compare Daly to a bloke who played 31 games for manly (if you include 2002) and was a fringe first grader at best. The whole title of the thread was aimed at being disrespectful to a bloke who is not only the club captain but an international, origin player, Churchill medalist and a premiership player.

If you enjoyed watching a journeyman whose only real talent was to high five team mates over a bloke who is probably in the top 5 half backs
The club has had well obviously we get enjoyment out of different things mate.

You were being a smarty pants and you know it.

It wouldnt matter if i knew i was a smarty pants or not. , you have been telling me my opinion since i started this thread and history dictates you will continue to do so. we all have our preferences cambo . if we could unload cherry now without paying freight i would support that 100%. i suppose you wouldnt.. that shrine would look **** then i suppose.

my view is offensive, disrespectful, on another thread you were calling people spastics. not cool dude.

look im sure daly appreciates your undying loyalty and good on ya. if thats what floats your boat. Players come and go. i support manly not individuals. plenty i like , some i dont. its that simple.

just be clear its not don ferris im supporting. im happy to read your point of view mate but wont be responding. ive made my point clear, it wont change because of you. . i get you dont like my opinion but im also cool with that.

Cameron

It wouldnt matter if i knew i was a smarty pants or not. , you have been telling me my opinion since i started this thread and history dictates you will continue to do so. we all have our preferences cambo . if we could unload cherry now without paying freight i would support that 100%. i suppose you wouldnt.. that shrine would look **** then i suppose.

my view is offensive, disrespectful, on another thread you were calling people spastics. not cool dude.

look im sure daly appreciates your undying loyalty and good on ya. if thats what floats your boat. Players come and go. i support manly not individuals. plenty i like , some i dont. its that simple.

just be clear its not don ferris im supporting. im happy to read your point of view mate but wont be responding. ive made my point clear, it wont change because of you. . i get you dont like my opinion but im also cool with that.
Well done James.

I’ve argued my point to you respectfully haven’t called you any names pointed out what I found offensive and disgreed with.

Yet you want to make it personal and bring in a comment I made in another post not even talking about anyone directly on this forum. ( before you want to spin it and say I called you lemming that was a generalization about how a lot of people in the game jump on the hate bandwagon of players)

Well done mate a long bow drawn there.

Once upon a time on here I would have cut loose and told someone like you what I really think but really it’s not worth my time or energy. from here on in I just won’t engage and treat such posts with the contempt they deserve.

Cheers

brad

First Grader
Jason Ferris is one of my besties and comes from the same town as me , Glen Innes . Growing up he was a ball boy for my side the magpies and in later years became a schoolboy superstar . He went on to play for the mighty green machine as ricky stuarts understudy and did a great job filling in , with no doubt superstars around him . He had stint with the Sharks , Cowboys and Eagles and went on to become a good first grader . I love the boy but a Dce he aint. I still keep in contact with Snags and his ole man David, who was a northern devision half back himself .

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well done James.

I’ve argued my point to you respectfully haven’t called you any names pointed out what I found offensive and disgreed with.

Yet you want to make it personal and bring in a comment I made in another post not even talking about anyone directly on this forum. ( before you want to spin it and say I called you lemming that was a generalization about how a lot of people in the game jump on the hate bandwagon of players)

Well done mate a long bow drawn there.

Once upon a time on here I would have cut loose and told someone like you what I really think but really it’s not worth my time or energy. from here on in I just won’t engage and treat such posts with the contempt they deserve.

Cheers

I applaud your personal growth, and appreciate your restraint. A nasty internet tongue lashing would have really spoiled my july.. ah well maybe we can have a beer and a big cuddle next time we see eachother. Its just a footy forum . maybe we can talk politics and religion and reach some common ground. Ive enjoyed the banter.until next time we cross swords. take care and smell the roses

Fluffy

Journey Man
one has won a premiership, played in 2 GF's, represented his state and country and won the Clive Churchill, the other is Ferris

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
One played with brett stewart, gifty, jamie lyon , foran , watmought, the other with nathan long, sam murphy and brenden reeves, coached by sharpie.
Very little of cherries success can be soley attributed to cherry

since the stars left cherry slipped to about 8th choice for qld and played once

By media reports cherry has split the old manly team , the stewarts hated him , choc did, the new manly team , hastings , lane , possibly lussick, was on the outer with qld and backflipped on the titans. Very few know what really went down, i dont for sure but thats a lot of coincidences

If the same bloke was in another team manly fans would be over that like a seagull over chips. But thats not about my enjoyment in watching him play

Ever worked with anyone who never wants to do there job, just everyone elses. Thats part of what irks me

KNUCKLES

Bencher
I remember as kid being so disappointed when I read in the paper he was joining manly, the first time that ever happened. I idolised all Manly players up untill that point
Do u remember the game against Sydney roosters where manly got the license back from north Sydney and ferris missed the conversion from right in front of the sticks 10 meters out? Pretty much summed him up. I think luke dorn debuted that game as well

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Aaah 6 years old and i can remember it like the weekend Almost like groundhog day, we just keep repeating

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
We had a Ferris car radio in at least one of the cars when I was youngster. They were a Brookvale-based Australian company, with their factory opposite the Oval. I remember going with dad to the factory when the radio was installed.

From what I can gather, the extended Cherry-Evans family never made car radios.;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14