Jason Taylor Punch ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Flip link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181616.msg240141#msg240141 date=1252322551]Manly are the only team that seem to have a building plan, and how they rebuilt was amazing. I guess the Bulldogs have kind of done it this year though too

The bulldogs bought their rebuild. Lucky enough they paid over and above for players and when they left were all of a sudden in a big position to buy half the Brisbane broncos.

If the bulldogs win the comp this year, there would never be a better time to say a team bought a premiership.
[/quote]

That kind of rhetoric is complete tosh. It's a professional sport and every team that wins "buys the premiership" it happens every year, some teams just have better shoppers than others

I dont think so Dan. When you compare it to pretty much any other recruiting done in the NRL the bulldogs seems far more excessive. Yes players trade and move from team to team but take a look at new players to the bulldogs in 2009:

1. Brett Kimorley
2. Greg Eastwood
3. Michael Ennis
4. Ben Hannant
5. Josh Morris
6. David Stagg
7. Yileen Gordon
8. Bryson Goodwin
9. Michael Hodgson

Fair enough teams trade players. I would hardly be calling that a rebuild though. More like a rebuy.

Flip link said:
I dont think so Dan. When you compare it to pretty much any other recruiting done in the NRL the bulldogs seems far more excessive. Yes players trade and move from team to team but take a look at new players to the bulldogs in 2009:

1. Brett Kimorley
2. Greg Eastwood
3. Michael Ennis
4. Ben Hannant
5. Josh Morris
6. David Stagg
7. Yileen Gordon
8. Bryson Goodwin
9. Michael Hodgson

Fair enough teams trade players. I would hardly be calling that a rebuild though. More like a rebuy.

Sonny Bill did them a great favour breaking his contract - his money would have bought the lower 4 - 5 1/2 of that list

haha so true. and to add injury to insult when you mentioned sonny bill williams i had to stop pause for a second, oh yeah that guy.

How quickly we forget media darlings.

They picked up Kimmorely and Goodwin for a song 'cos Sticky wouldn't know talent if it exploded up his bum. From memory both Hannant and Stagg were Brisie discards. I think their coaching staff saw potential and made them the players they are this year.

South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson says the club will react accordingly to an altercation between coach Jason Taylor and a departing player.

Forward David Fa'alogo allegedly knocked Taylor out with a punch during the team's end of season celebrations at a Sydney pub on Sunday.

Fa'alogo, who has signed to play for Huddersfield Giants in the UK Super League from next season, was reportedly been punched in the stomach by Taylor for a joke.

But the winded New Zealand international did not find the punch too funny, allegedly retaliating by knocking his coach to the ground and in the process giving him a cut.

Richardson says the club is in the process of using video from the venue to investigate the incident.

"Of course it's damaging, it's not part of what we do. I'll be on record regarding my attitude towards code of conduct and as a club we take a very stern view on it," he said.

"We'll get all the facts and information together and we'll react accordingly."

Richardson confirmed that even though Fa'alogo had played his last game for South Sydney, he was still a contracted Rabbitohs player and action could well be taken.

"He's still a South Sydney player, contracted until October 31," he said.

"I don't want to pre-empt what action we're going to take until after we investigate it thoroughly.

"But what I can tell you now is we did take it very seriously. There's a very stern code of conduct, we have an excellent record off the field with behaviour and we won't be taking it lightly."

The NRL says it is waiting for a full report from Souths. It is understood police have not been asked to investigate the matter.

If action is taken against the 28-year-old Fa'alogo is could well jeopardise his contract in the Super League.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/09/08/2679443.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague

Taylor needs to take 4 weeks on the sideline now...oh wait

If they decide to press charges against Fa'alongo and he is charged then it will effect his chances of getting a visa to play in the UK.  

He has a history of punching people out.  Obviously another player who is not smart enough to realise that he shouldn't be drinking.

tookey link said:
If they decide to press charges against Fa'alongo and he is charged then it will effect his chances of getting a visa to play in the UK.  

He has a history of punching people out.  Obviously another player who is not smart enough to realise that he shouldn't be drinking.

To be fair it sound like he retaliated and was not the instigator

missing_something link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181616.msg240201#msg240201 date=1252367981]

[/quote]

It depends on what paper you read.  One says that taylor punched him first and another article says that Fa'alogo come at him through a crowd of people.  

Jason Taylor is gay 10 stone weakling who wouldn't hurt a fly with even his best punch let alone a big second rower.  A massive overeaction by Fa'alogo especially if they had all been on the piss.

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=181616.msg240203#msg240203 date=1252369010]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181616.msg240201#msg240201 date=1252367981]

He has a history of punching people out.  Obviously another player who is not smart enough to realise that he shouldn't be drinking.

[/quote]

It depends on what paper you read.  One says that taylor punched him first and another article says that Fa'alogo come at him through a crowd of people. 

Jason Taylor is gay 10 stone weakling who would hurt a fly with even his best punch let alone a big second rower.  A massive overeaction by Fa'alogo especially if they had all been on the piss.
[/quote]

Who cares - if you get pissed and hit someone, then they beat you in retaliation it's your own fault, Taylor should know his limitations.

Taylor has a history too of doing really really stupid things while on the grog.  Given Dave Taylor's come good on his footballing talents, I guess he must be sorry he signed so early with these idiots.

DSM5 link said:
Taylor has a history too of doing really really stupid things while on the grog.  Given Dave Taylor's come good on his footballing talents, I guess he must be sorry he signed so early with these idiots.

Taylor was one of the quiet ones at norths.  Noithing in comparison to Josh Stuart.

DSM5 link said:

Was it Jason Taylor pissing in a beer cup at the cricket and getting arrested?  or was that another Norths loser?

Yeah that was JT. Pissed in a cup and then chucked it up during the mexican wave I think. Defo pissed in a cup and threw it at people anyway. Great bloke.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181616.msg240221#msg240221 date=1252372035]

Was it Jason Taylor pissing in a beer cup at the cricket and getting arrested?  or was that another Norths loser?
[/quote]

Geez he does one stupid thing in his life and you guys are down on him big time. 

Maybe Taylor was telling his players the story on Monday and suddenly Fa'alogo realises that it was Taylor who threw the piss on him at the cricket all those years ago. 

Was it Taylor who was captain of Norths when he had a big dummy spit and the fallout resulted in there coach Peter Louis getting the flick?

manlyborn link said:
Was it Taylor who was captain of Norths when he had a big dummy spit and the fallout resulted in there coach Peter Louis getting the flick?

The last two years of Louis coaching Norths it was actually taylor who was doing all the coaching.  No-one like Luois because he couldn't coach.  hence no-other club went near him when he finished his career.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6