Jaxon Paulo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
Re our new signings for next year - Brooks, Talau & Paulo.
Brooks - starting for the Tigers, Talau listed for the Tigers as a reserve.

Jaxon Paulo - not listed for the Chooks, nor for the Bears. No mention of him being injured or suspended.

Anyone know what's happened to him?

He played 11 out of the first 12 rounds this year for the Roosters, scoring regularly between rounds 2 to 6. Nothing from rounds 12 to 18, and only once as a 'cameo' replacement against us in round 18.

His average run meters per game this year were 147 , which is pretty good (Suaalii is only 123 per game this year). His post-contact metres are between 16 and 84, with an average of around 30 to 40 - somewhat average. His tackle efficiency was only 73.9%, though - perhaps one reason why he's not been able to hang onto a wing spot ahead of Suaalii and Tupou (both have a tackle efficiency rating of 82.6% and 86.1% respectively).

Dom Young signed with the Roosters back in February, and Paulo signed with Manly in late June. Paulo was on minimum wage at the Chooks, and he and his agent could no doubt see the writing on the wall.

I am surprised though, to not see his name listed for the Bears, the Roosters feeder team. At least getting more experience and game-fitness at this stage of his career.

Found him - playing five-eighth for the Roosters vs Western Suburbs Magpies this weekend. :giggle:

Will be interested to see how that goes.............at 192 cms and 101 kgs he's one of the bigger five-eights of recent times.

And really big five-eights - that always works, doesn't it? :drunk: :tmi: (Yeah, I know, GI went ok in that role......).

At least being closer to the action should help him work on his tackling technique.

And...............Tommy Talau is playing in the centres for the Magpies. No fighting, boys!

(Wearing a Magpies jersey in years gone by was an excuse to start a stink, I recall).

Worth watching the replay (if available) to see how Talau and Paulo go in this game.

The Magpies are full of ex-Manly lower grades players: Josh Feledy (omitted this week), Sione Hopoate, Sione Fainu, and James Roumanos. Good luck to them, however I can't argue with the calls not to offer them new contracts at Manly.

Didn’t realise how big he is. Great to have some speed, size and strength on the wing. Considering he is playing in the halves in reserves suggests he has some real skill.
Looking forward to seeing him with Saab, Tommy, Koula and Garrick starting in the back line.

Would have to be one of the best back 5 we have had in a very long time.

And...............Tommy Talau is playing in the centres for the Magpies. No fighting, boys!

(Wearing a Magpies jersey in years gone by was an excuse to start a stink, I recall).

Worth watching the replay (if available) to see how Talau and Paulo go in this game.

The Magpies are full of ex-Manly lower grades players: Josh Feledy (omitted this week), Sione Hopoate, Sione Fainu, and James Roumanos. Good luck to them, however I can't argue with the calls not to offer them new contracts at Manly.

Feledy is the only one I wish we kept.

I would love to have Dom Young at Manly. It's sickening that Easts can buy the best players.
Frankly, I'd be so disappointed as a Newcastle fan or official that he is leaving. Newcastle has nurtured him and that's how he repays them. I really hope he backflips and stays at Newcastle, who are playing better than Easts anyway.
The Cap clearly doesn't work without some form of draft, where battling clubs have the opportunity of getting first crack at the best players coming off contract. Players would be wary of putting themselves into the draft not knowing where they would end up. It would guarantee a more stable roster.

Re our new signings for next year - Brooks, Talau & Paulo.
Brooks - starting for the Tigers, Talau listed for the Tigers as a reserve.

Jaxon Paulo - not listed for the Chooks, nor for the Bears. No mention of him being injured or suspended.

Anyone know what's happened to him?

He played 11 out of the first 12 rounds this year for the Roosters, scoring regularly between rounds 2 to 6. Nothing from rounds 12 to 18, and only once as a 'cameo' replacement against us in round 18.

His average run meters per game this year were 147 , which is pretty good (Suaalii is only 123 per game this year). His post-contact metres are between 16 and 84, with an average of around 30 to 40 - somewhat average. His tackle efficiency was only 73.9%, though - perhaps one reason why he's not been able to hang onto a wing spot ahead of Suaalii and Tupou (both have a tackle efficiency rating of 82.6% and 86.1% respectively).

Dom Young signed with the Roosters back in February, and Paulo signed with Manly in late June. Paulo was on minimum wage at the Chooks, and he and his agent could no doubt see the writing on the wall.

I am surprised though, to not see his name listed for the Bears, the Roosters feeder team. At least getting more experience and game-fitness at this stage of his career.
Brooks not playing, out injured, probably wont play again for the Tigs, firing up the bbq for mad Monday

"Roosters star Angus Crichton played just the first half of the Cup side’s loss to the Magpies, finishing with three runs for 22 metres and six tackles, one miss. Meanwhile Naufahu Whyte celebrated his return from a MCL injury with a try, a linebreak, four tackle busts, 156 metres and 22 tackles — one miss.

Interestingly, winger Jaxson Paulo tried his hand at five-eighth and came up with a try assist, a linebreak assist, 84 running metres and made 13 tackles but did miss four."

I'm looking forward to seeing what Paulo can do. He's 6'4" and can run.

We'll have a lot of speed with a left edge of Brooks, Garrick and Paulo and right edge of DCE Koula and Saab. Add a roaming Turbo at the back... and keep the long range tries coming.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Paulo can do. He's 6'4" and can run.

We'll have a lot of speed with a left edge of Brooks, Garrick and Paulo and right edge of DCE Koula and Saab. Add a roaming Turbo at the back... and keep the long range tries coming.
Lots of backline versatility - apparently can play across a lot of positions. No doubt a reason Manly has signed him, given how our injury toll has affected our results in recent seasons.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8