Joe Kelly last night - Youtube

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought the same thing Wombat. Read my post above and have another look at it and tell me what you think.
I'll pay that-he still looks uneasy no matter what stage of the night it was-eyes going everwhere and fidgety. Looks like a schoolboy waiting to get 6 cuts of the Headmaster to me.

Hey guys - I just showed the above footage to my wife. She is adamant that the footage shown there of the boys on stage was not shot when Joe was giving his speech. You can see just before they cut away from the boys on stage Jamie Buhrer is talking to someone off camera & says ok and then they start to walk off midway through Joes speech. Now there is no way imo that the boys would be that disrespectful and be chatting etc whilst the CEO is giving a speech.
To me this just another illustration of the media being manipulative.
When I inially watched the footage I thought Foz looked very sheepish & uneasy when Joe was talking contracts. But now it looks as though the speech & footage do not correlate at all. @:mad:

Maybe @tookey can shed some light

Daly also goes to walk off the stage in the middle of the speech as well.

I am positive it was edited to include Foran looking forlorn.

Happy and hoping to be proven wrong but I could not be less impressed with Joe Kelly.

Has anyone here met him and have good things to say about him.

Happy and hoping to be proven wrong but I could not be less impressed with Joe Kelly.

Has anyone here met him and have good things to say about him.
I'm not sure why 'you could not be less impressed' what has he done wrong? In my opinion he's done a lot right. He's not jeopardising the future of the club by paying over what he believes is market value. He's said all the right stuff in public and he joined once the roster was already set for this year so you can't blame him for that. I think he's a strong administrator, better than we've had for years.

I'm going to nickname you 'the black cloud'. ;)

Hey guys - I just showed the above footage to my wife. She is adamant that the footage shown there of the boys on stage was not shot when Joe was giving his speech. You can see just before they cut away from the boys on stage Jamie Buhrer is talking to someone off camera & says ok and then they start to walk off midway through Joes speech. Now there is no way imo that the boys would be that disrespectful and be chatting etc whilst the CEO is giving a speech.
To me this just another illustration of the media being manipulative.
When I inially watched the footage I thought Foz looked very sheepish & uneasy when Joe was talking contracts. But now it looks as though the speech & footage do not correlate at all. @:mad:

Maybe @tookey can shed some light

This could be true actually, well spotted Clint's wife.

There are numerous editing techniques that can be used to make something look a certain way when in fact it did not happen that way at all. And the media are obvious masters at deception, so it can be challenging to spot the trickery sometimes. @:)

There is even a method called Frankenbiting, what a word hey lol, which is sometimes used in Reality TV. A Frankenbite, by definition, is just when you take original spoken material and you cut it into a smaller, or different, version of itself. So in a nutshell you can manipulate footage how ever you like to make someone seem like they said something when in reality they did not.

So things are not always what they seem...!

I think its no secret the players dont like him. Just there is one major problem.

Don't like Kelly? What evidence is there of that? Also he has to make business decisions I'm sorry but how many players have finance or accounting degrees. Do you think we should give DCE roster powers as well hahaha.

Theirs is not to reason why, theirs is but to do or die.

Evidence to the contrary included articles where snake spoke about conversations with Kelly about life after footy. Matai resigned with Kelly negotiating? that's two pieces what are you basing your percieved dislike off @bob dylan

I think its no secret the players dont like him. Just there is one major problem.

I agree with you . He does not impress me one bit and I know the players dont rate him , not that that matters.
What I do know for sure is that he is taking daily directions from Zorba. A smart man would be running from zorba at speed . I also know that our major sponsor did not get a run last night even though they have paid 1 mill this year. Even if they are off next year they still have paid. Not one sign up in the hall showing there logo and we were not referred to as the kaspersky sea eagles all night . More focus was put on that we were owned by the Penns. I hope Kelly treats the next Major sponsor with more respect.

I agree with you . He does not impress me one bit and I know the players dont rate him , not that that matters.
What I do know for sure is that he is taking daily directions from Zorba. A smart man would be running from zorba at speed . I also know that our major sponsor did not get a run last night even though they have paid 1 mill this year. Even if they are off next year they still have paid. Not one sign up in the hall showing there logo and we were not referred to as the kaspersky sea eagles all night . More focus was put on that we were owned by the Penns. I hope Kelly treats the next Major sponsor with more respect.

i am glad we weren't referred to as the Kaspersky Sea Eagles. Sounds fuc**** ridiculous.

We are the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, sponsored, amongst others by Kaspersky.

i am glad we weren't referred to as the Kaspersky Sea Eagles. Sounds fuc**** ridiculous.

We are the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, sponsored, amongst others by Kaspersky.
1 mill buys them that right , anyway it wont be long before we are known as the Penneagles.

I find that disappointing if as you say that happened 2 the major sponsor that just comes off as a lack of class

seriously why does he not impress you? nobody has said anything substantial other than innuendo? Do you have a source that says the players don't like him? Or a source that says hes listening to zorba? I'm not going to judge a bloke after 3 months because some people want to carry an agenda.

Why do you not like him, im genuinely baffled not because I think he's the bees knees but I'm just not sure what he's done wrong from an organisational or administrative standpoint and why the players wouldn't like him?

Now there's a surprise

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7