Jorge and Aussie Gossy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Jorge wasn't considered good enough to slot into wing when Garrick moved to FB and Parker of all players to wing then he will never get picked for Manly FG again. He has been a great servant and if a Starting role in 1st grade was available then he should be given that opportunity.

It is helping out a direct rival but i believe that even with Jorge we can beat the Roosters head on so i am not concerned. I love Jorge and would like to see him in FG again so. If it's a loan arrangement then in the event of injury we could recall him and with him getting some FG game time/conditioning which would benefit him and us should we need him due to injury.

I feel Gorge and Funa have no future at Manly. Sad re Gorge but that's football. He has been wonderful for us. We could do with their funds to pay players that we have, particularly Juniors. And maybe one key purchase.
Maybe goodbye to Sironen also, but let's see if he has changed his game when he plays against Cronulla. Sirro run straight like you used to, and into gaps.

I don’t like it. Wouldn’t help our cap much at all unless they take him for rest of his contract. Also it is helping a team that is competing for a top 8 spot along with us.

I feel Gorge and Funa have no future at Manly. Sad re Gorge but that's football. He has been wonderful for us. We could do with their funds to pay players that we have, particularly Juniors. And maybe one key purchase.
Maybe goodbye to Sironen also, but let's see if he has changed his game when he plays against Cronulla. Sirro run straight like you used to, and into gaps.
Few players own their spot in a Manly team . Each spot is leased and earned each game

Footy clubs that stay on top keep evolving their playing roster of excellence

There is no such thing as sentiment in professional sport

Our Godfather and founder of our success always upgraded our premiership winning teams and evolved them with superior players

Just promote dev players into the available spots.. it may not be much in terms of savings but it's still something. It's not like either player are likely to be used anyway
If we promote development players for the sake of saving 50k and we end up with injuries, we'll rue the decision.

If Taufua or Funa go to the Chooks, it'll be the club supporting their careers, not thinking about cap space.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
I think loan system should be around every year - its time rugby league got more professional. Jorge and Co. have barely played, and our squad is going well for now. Assuming they don't get injured playing, which they could just as easily for us, its a win-win. Our players get miles in the their legs, the contract would stipulate they don't play against us, bit of cap relief (minor) and better for their employability.... might even come back with a few roosters plays to tell us about come finals.

Its funny not so long ago we had Bennett saying it was the club's own fault for no managing their own rosters properly and PV jumped on that bandwagon. But because struggle street arrived at the Roosters then its all different. Frankly I am extremely unimpressed with the NRL.

Hmm I like the idea of freeing up a little cap space and like the thought of letting Jorge put himself in the shop window.

But dont like the idea of helping a direct rival in the Roosters and.....as much as I hate saying this our depth in the backrow aint great and we may just need Gosie (ugh yuck)
Even Suli could be a better back rower than Jetski imo, as would the more obvious options in Keppie, Burbo, Aloiai, Parker. Many options.

This is our chance to release Jetski god dammit!

When you have to go and sign another player to accumulate the mandatory 30 man squad and the one you're letting go is not on decent coin, you don't free up cap space, you just shift sideways with a new player that is either on the same amount or less...if they're on less, they probably aren't a better player than the one you're letting go of, so it's a loss, not a gain.

The only way this will materialise is if the club feel like getting Taufua a game. It'll be a welfare package for Taufua and the Roosters, if anything; not a business decision.
It's a loan system. Keep up!

Give them no one till we are 4 points clear of them on the table! (which will be after the transfer windows closes)

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8